• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 10... vsDET

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not look forwarding to creating the thread as my "non-losing" streak will come to an end.
Technically... you're streak is still alive

And I will hold you to that lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I don't know how Madden has survived... He's a dinosaur by today's standards, and he has thrown out way too many politically incorrect stuff on the internet. He's a straight up asshole, and somehow he still has quite the loyal following. I don't get it. I'm surprised someone hasn't sued the pants off his fatass.
And even before he was popular he was an asshole. He was always big into Dek Hockey and way back in the day at the Penn Hills rinks, I played for him. Over many seasons from the ages of 10 to 16 and I hated them all. He was even a bigger asshole when coaching the tournament teams or if you played against one of his teams.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even before he was popular he was an asshole. He was always big into Dek Hockey and way back in the day at the Penn Hills rinks, I played for him. Over many seasons from the ages of 10 to 16 and I hated them all. He was even a bigger asshole when coaching the tournament teams or if you played against one of his teams.
That's wild! I'm sure all the parents just loved the guy back then too!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this game against the Lions the more it pisses me off... It made the coaching staff look straight-up bush league. Teeming with arrogance from start to finish.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this game against the Lions the more it pisses me off... It made the coaching staff look straight-up bush league. Teeming with arrogance from start to finish.
When doesn't our coaching staff look straight-up bush league? It's embarrassing. Even with Ben on the field, it's embarrassing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When doesn't our coaching staff look straight-up bush league? It's embarrassing. Even with Ben on the field, it's embarrassing.
They have moments of competence, and schemes have proven to work better. 1 example is when they came out & punched the Bills in the mouth opening week in Buffalo, and I'd argue that the win against Cleveland was much better coaching. Not perfect, but good. But the majority of the season has been a mess of inconsistencies.

Tomlin-led teams have always tried to arrogantly win THEIR WAY against inferior opponents. Instead of scheming to exploit obvious weaknesses, they scheme the opposite and simply try to outmatch their opponents. Like passing 40-50 times against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league, and with a backup QB no less. We've seen it all throughout his career, regardless of the coordinators he has in place, and we've learned to simply expect letdown games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still want mason as the starting qb this year? You banged that drum

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 1:10 -> 1:20 mark nails it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still want mason as the starting qb this year? You banged that drum
At least I can admit when I'm wrong. But let's also give me credit for stating that we needed to plan for life after Ben. We didn't and this is what we're stuck with.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I can admit when I'm wrong. But let's also give me credit for stating that we needed to plan for life after Ben. We didn't and this is what we're stuck with.
Lol every team needs a qb plan. Rarely do they work out. Ive also admitted wrong numerous times across many boards here. We all knew we needed a plan, sometimes the timing works, sometimes it doesnt. See green bay, twice.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol every team needs a qb plan. Rarely do they work out. Ive also admitted wrong numerous times across many boards here. We all knew we needed a plan, sometimes the timing works, sometimes it doesnt. See green bay, twice.
The comparison to Green Bay is just ridiculous. Rodgers had 3 years to sit behind Favre to learn. We don't have 3 years for someone to sit behind Ben. That time has come and gone. While every team needs a QB plan, we have NO plan whatsoever. Future is bleak in the Steel City right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison to Green Bay is just ridiculous. Rodgers had 3 years to sit behind Favre to learn. We don't have 3 years for someone to sit behind Ben. That time has come and gone. While every team needs a QB plan, we have NO plan whatsoever. Future is bleak in the Steel City right now.
Again, and again. You. Miss. The. Point.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's a bit of a reach saying there is no plan. Perhaps Ben returns but I believe the more likely scenario is they target a big name in the offseason with quite a few available. They have been working diligently clearing cap space and Tomlin has made it known he doesn't want to start over with a rookie. Last time I checked they had about 50 million for next year and that's before any maneuvers to clear more dead weight.

Personally I would be shocked if Ben retires AND they go into the season with Rudolph/Haskins as the starter.

Just my two cents

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit of a reach saying there is no plan. Perhaps Ben returns but I believe the more likely scenario is they target a big name in the offseason with quite a few available. They have been working diligently clearing cap space and Tomlin has made it known he doesn't want to start over with a rookie. Last time I checked they had about 50 million for next year and that's before any maneuvers to clear more dead weight.

Personally I would be shocked if Ben retires AND they go into the season with Rudolph/Haskins as the starter.

Just my two cents
Here's the 2022 Free Agent QBs:
Tayson Hill
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andy Dalton
Nick Foles
Cam Newton
Tyrod Taylor
Jameis WInston
Jacoby Brissett
Teddy Bridgewater

Which of those big names would you like us to target in the offseason?

Starting over with a rookie is a plan, but it's a shitty plan because we are just settling for whatever we get and that's our biggest problem as a front office.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I get the point, I just don't agree with it.
i dont think we were thinking the same there. Im not trying to be a jerk. So, looking at options for next year. What do you like? Or who do you Like?