• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 10... vsDET

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to try a sideline pass, it has to be a quick out ON the sideline where there is NO chance of being caught in bounds with little time left.....Just awful execution at a critical time.....So tired of the bonehead calls when it matters most.....This can be added to the many bad losses (ties) I've seen in recent years......

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this game and cheering hard against the Lions, I gotta say Rudolph didn't lose that game for you guys. He obviously didn't win it for you, but he didn't snap it over his own head or fumble after a big catch, or with time running out in FG range. It took a complete team effort to stop these Lions from losing, but your team looked to be all-in.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, huge miss in this game and he throws a Nolan Ryan pass......
Wide fucking open. But that was his story all day. He can't place balls and can't put the right amount of touch on anything.

Other players shit the bed too, but he didn't help his pass-catchers tonight. DJ should take a dump in his shoes.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this game and cheering hard against the Lions, I gotta say Rudolph didn't lose that game for you guys. He obviously didn't win it for you, but he didn't snap it over his own head or fumble after a big catch, or with time running out in FG range. It took a complete team effort to stop these Lions from losing, but your team looked to be all-in.
Even though he had a terrible game tonight, Pat was a great pick.

Would still rather have Creed Humphries.

Green isn't a center. I don't know if he's an NFL guard, either. OC and QB are the two biggest needs this offseason.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this was a complete team disaster. The issue with Rudolph today was more the horrible play calling than him. Why would you have an awful backup QB attempt 50 passes against a poor run defense with a stud RB?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been done with Mason since 2019, so I wasn’t surprised by today’s outing. He embarrassed himself quite nicely. Whiffing on many “lay-ups” was laughable. Ain’t no way they can view him as a bridge QB anymore, or even a backup. I could be ok with him being a QB3 on the roster, but at this point anything more is just setting yourself up for failure. He’s that bad.

And yes there were a LOT of compounding factors in this game that really put the icing on the shit cake.

I’m finding it harder & harder to justify starting Green. He has struggled a lot this year and keeps being the worst of the weak spots along the OL. It’s a tragedy that he wears 53.

I’m still not sold on Matt Canada’s offense. Even with a more ‘mobile’ QB the schemes still look like it labors for every yard. So tired of seeing the routes fail to be where they need to be. Like passing the stick on 3rd, or getting closer to out of bounds when you have zero timeouts. You know, common sense type stuff. Honestly this offense just doesn’t play smart football. Like abandoning the run game inside the RZ. How does that make any sense?

More arrogant coaching on display. Why the defense fails to adjust to something that is beating them like a red headed stepchild is ridiculous. Honestly they are quite fortunate that their heavy set personnel got hurt.

Devin Bush played like shit. Another player I’m starting to run out of patience with. I tried defending him but I’m done with doing it. Schobert didn’t play much better as he was caught out of position many times.

Defensive tackling was a joke today. In Schobert’s post game presser he said he thinks the team needs to take practice more serious. Why is this not being talked about more? This has been the Tomlin way for over a decade.

Punt & kick coverage looked ok at first but then started giving up big chunks. In a bad weather game you absolutely cannot afford to let a return guy eat up 20-30yds routinely.

Need a new kickoff returner.

The refs continue to be a sore spot every week.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to replace Bush with Spillane.

Yeah Bush cost the team a 1st and a 2nd and a 3rd to draft.

And Spillane came in as a nobody trash FA signing.

But Spillane played REALLY well last year. Better than we are seeing out of Bush. He's a good and sound tackler and he won't get washed out of the run game. Neither guy does much in coverage.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ben retires, we getting our 1st losing season in almost 2 decades.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to replace Bush with Spillane.

Yeah Bush cost the team a 1st and a 2nd and a 3rd to draft.

And Spillane came in as a nobody trash FA signing.

But Spillane played REALLY well last year. Better than we are seeing out of Bush. He's a good and sound tackler and he won't get washed out of the run game. Neither guy does much in coverage.
Just like Rudolph, this game against Detroit was the icing on the cake.
When you play teams like this, it should showcase your abilities now your major flaws.

Will give Green a pass still since he is a rookie thrown in to be the starting center, but that experiment might not last that long.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for offensive play calling this game was a joke.

Even the staff of an 0-8 team adjusted to the conditions and shitty QB but not Canada/Tomlin.

Lets see:
1. Poor backup qb - check
2. Rainy conditions - check
3. Poor field conditions - check
4. Ray Ray McCloud is the #3 option - check
5. Ebron is playing again - check
6. Great RB who is young and healthy - check
7. Playing against the 29th ranked run defense - check

Hell, lets throw the ball FIFTY times! That will put an 0-8 team on their heels....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even the staff of an 0-8 team adjusted to the conditions and shitty QB but not Canada/Tomlin.

Lets see:

Hell, lets throw the ball FIFTY times! That will put an 0-8 team on their heels....
We joke about it all the time but there is so much truth to it... Tomlin & his "coordinators" do not play smart football. Instead of scheming to their opponents' weaknesses they arrogantly play the opposite. And they refuse to make any in-game adjustments until halftime at the EARLIEST.

Any 8 year old with a gaming controller could figure shit out faster than these million-dollar coaches. It's embarrassing to watch this every damn year and keep hoping/expecting to see better results.

Forgot to post a big ol' LOL in response to Ebron's hysterical hurdle yesterday. WTF was that?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ LOL...I tried to mentally block out Ebron's sad attempt at a hurdle, you reminded me of that. Just think if he was anything of a TE he would have lowered his shoulder and got the 1st down.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ LOL...I tried to mentally block out Ebron's sad attempt at a hurdle, you reminded me of that. Just think if he was anything of a TE he would have lowered his shoulder and got the 1st down.
Ebron is charmin soft.

Softness you can see & feel.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...in Tomlin fashion he will stay with Maulet.
Ain't that the truth. Much like Dotson last year, the clearly superior player will ride the pine.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets see:

Fuck me for being right.

Detroit has a TERRIBLE rush defense.

But this would be a Tomlin classic where he plays down to the competition and tries to air it out against their good DB's.

Tomlin is the Vizzini of the NFL.

caa66e6f-ed38-4485-878b-88f2f9ecdce2_text.gif