• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 10... vsDET

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the way too early injury report:

If no Claypool that might mean way too much Ray Ray. :puke:

Another game they should win but will make it way too close.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the way too early injury report:

If no Claypool that might mean way too much Ray Ray. :puke:

Another game they should win but will make it way too close.
Tomlin loves ray ray. I dont get it

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mind-numbing. You can't tell me there isn't hundreds of other WR's out there that could return kicks just as good and catch passes?

Seriously, any other WR would command respect on a route over Ray Ray. For instance Josh Reynolds was just released, guarantee a defense would pay attention to him more than Ray Ray.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is mind-numbing. You can't tell me there isn't hundreds of other WR's out there that could return kicks just as good and catch passes?

Seriously, any other WR would command respect on a route over Ray Ray. For instance Josh Reynolds was just released, guarantee a defense would pay attention to him more than Ray Ray.
Reminds me of Dri Archer. Tomlin is a sucker for speedy gadget guys.

I do believe its a necessity though as it gives the WR corps an added dimension that it would otherwise be lacking. DJ is the style WR (superb route runner & YAC guy), Claypool is the imposing stretch WR (although he really doesn't burn or dominate anyone because he's too slow to get off the LOS & doesn't have the dog in him), Washington (formerly Juju) is the possession WR, and McCloud is supposed to be the "lighting rod" to that group. It's sort of an underachieving group at the moment, but there is plenty of potential.

Wasn't it just last week against the Browns that Ray-Ray ripped off an end-around 40-50yd TD that was negated by penalty? And last year he did the same thing against Philly if I recall correctly. He has big-play ability, but they just don't currently have the offense to deploy a lightning rod successfully. Not until the passing game establishes itself more consistently because DBs are playing 10yds & in, vs 8yds & out if you know what I mean?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game scares me more than last week did. I have a feeling we are going to see one of Tomlin's classic sleepwalk games on display.

Chargers, Bengals & Ravens are looming on the schedule. They are ripe to have their pants pulled down.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of Dri Archer. Tomlin is a sucker for speedy gadget guys.

I do believe its a necessity though as it gives the WR corps an added dimension that it would otherwise be lacking. DJ is the style WR (superb route runner & YAC guy), Claypool is the imposing stretch WR (although he really doesn't burn or dominate anyone because he's too slow to get off the LOS & doesn't have the dog in him), Washington (formerly Juju) is the possession WR, and McCloud is supposed to be the "lighting rod" to that group. It's sort of an underachieving group at the moment, but there is plenty of potential.

Wasn't it just last week against the Browns that Ray-Ray ripped off an end-around 40-50yd TD that was negated by penalty? And last year he did the same thing against Philly if I recall correctly. He has big-play ability, but they just don't currently have the offense to deploy a lightning rod successfully. Not until the passing game establishes itself more consistently because DBs are playing 10yds & in, vs 8yds & out if you know what I mean?
Geez I forgot about Archer!

That speed element is great because IF he can break away it is a huge play. But like you said you need the players/talent around to help exploit it.
Another question, I am yet to see and curious if any else witnessed it, does Ray Ray have any ability to break away to exploit that speed on his own?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez I forgot about Archer!

That speed element is great because IF he can break away it is a huge play. But like you said you need the players/talent around to help exploit it.
Another question, I am yet to see and curious if any else witnessed it, does Ray Ray have any ability to break away to exploit that speed on his own?
If you forgot Archer, then you probably forgot about Chris Rainey too.

Ray-ray... Hard to say because they haven't really tried to stretch the field with him. As we know from Juju's route tree history, they rarely stretch the field from the Y WR position. X & Z are mainly the vertical threats. Even when Ray-Ray lines up at Z they motion him inside to run a drag or quick slant route or some sort of bubble screen. I'd be very surprised if Ray-Ray had a target past 10-12yds.

They don't seem to rotate the WR's across the X,Y,Z positions like they used to with AB, Juju, & Bryant. I think Fichtner's crayon-offense effectively killed that rotation & Canada hasn't quite picked up with it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has a TERRIBLE rush defense.

But this would be a Tomlin classic where he plays down to the competition and tries to air it out against their good DB's.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben gets a bye week and Mason gets some work handing the ball off to Najee......
That is what should happen but THIS will be the game they try and get fancy letting Mason throw the ball.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what should happen but THIS will be the game they try and get fancy letting Mason throw the ball.

Yup....and you can pencil in Najee with at least 8-10 catches......

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Big Ben...the Lions surprise and cover the spread....and pull the upset also.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Ben
No Claypool

Steven Sims activated over Anthony Miller

Better start numbing myself quick today @Pure Steel

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Ben
No Claypool

Steven Sims activated over Anthony Miller

Better start numbing myself quick today @Pure Steel
Sims has done something Ray Ray never has done. Returned a kick for a touchdown.
Maybe they will plug him in there?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovely we have the Ray Ray McDonald announcing crew.