• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 10... vsDET

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. I've said the answers to these questions multiple times in multiple threads over the last 3-4 years but people either write it off as the crazy ramblings of a stupid uneducated fan or just don't bother to listen or read what I say because I pissed them off in another conversation.

We could've drafted Lamar Jackson in 2018. We could've gotten Teddy Bridgewater for cheap in 2018 AND 2019. We could've drafted Jalen Hurts instead of Chase Claypool. As much as I love Claypool, we didn't need another WR drafted.

Just picture this. Our 2022 roster is headlined by our new starting quarterback, Mason Rudolph, and our backup is Dwayne Haskins. How fucking confident are you in that fucking team?

Also, I'm not trying to change minds, it doesn't matter at this point because its a coulda woulda shoulda conversation. What's done is and has been done and we as fans have been dealt a shitty hand. All I'm trying to do is say...I was right. We needed a plan and it never came. Everyone (generalization) on here was pissed when we drafted for the future in 2018 but we actually SETTLED for Mason Rudolph. It was the right move to draft a QB in 2018, just the wrong QB. Once again, I was right about that. Wrong about Mason being the guy, but right about needing to draft for the future.

Would also love to know what your thought are about our current QB situation AND our potential QB situation for the next 2-3 years. If I'm wrong that we didn't need a plan, then I'm guessing you are completely happy with it.
It's all too easy to swoop in and say these things, but you're conveniently leaving out the truths of the different states of the team every offseason. They've been in the "win now" mode trying to capitalize on Ben's window for the last 3-5 years. Drafting a succession plan isn't as cut & dry as you make it sound when they've been actively trying to plug holes every year to maintain the level of play on both sides of the ball.

I strongly believe that if the Steelers had been more aggressive at rebuilding the OL this past offseason then this wouldn't be as hot of a topic. Ben hasn't been the problem. From an efficiency standpoint he has been playing very well. He hasn't thrown an INT in his last 5 starts (9 TDs, and a rating of 106 in that span). The offensive problems start with the OL, and get compounded by crap playcalling. Ben isn't able to carry the team like he used to, but we knew that coming into this year. All they needed was a game-manager capable of moving the chains. The defense has been lackluster at best this year, and has been another downfall to this team's consistency problems.

Next year... They are top 5 in cap space next offseason so to say they are forced to play Mason next year is extremely short-sighted. There is a decent chance they can find a bridge FA or could be more aggressive at trading for a high profile player. Honestly I'm really hoping they draft Pickett & grab a vet FA. Ben may want another year, but I would only bring him back as a backup and we know he won't want that. The offense needs an overhaul that builds around DJ, Najee & Muth. If they get Pickett, then I hope they draft in the trenches pretty heavily after that. OL & DL need help badly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So revisionist history, and giving up major capitol for it. Im sure you strongly believed in lamar pre draft.

Its very hard to have a discussion on this because you continue to miss the points EVERYONE else is making.

Edit: didnt read @FaCe-LeE-uS reply first, he apparently feels the same way I do.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of plan where we have an actual competent successor to the QB position after Ben retires. But hey, what do I know right?
Ok, then. I don't have any interest in discussing this further with you. You go ahead and do you.

This reminds me, whatever happened to Psych? He probably would have put this a touch nastier than I did. And what happened to Atl, for that matter? Hope yinz are okay.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me, whatever happened to Psych? He probably would have put this a touch nastier than I did. And what happened to Atl, for that matter? Hope yinz are okay.
Doin well man. Hope all is well with you too!

Psych - Busy man, but he sort of soured on this place. Hated some of the posters and couldn't enjoy it as much anymore. Clashed with new ownership over the banner he created for our forum. He put a lot of time into it (30+ hours) and Shaggy was resistant & overcomplicated it before finally being appeased and allowing it. Icing on the cake after other shit he went through with him. Also IIRC he had a distaste for Coach Tomlin and that always caused him to clash with everyone around here lol. He pops in very randomly, but it seems to get less & less. Pretty sure he's still working nightshifts.

ATL - Most worried about him. Haven't seen him around since early 2020 when all the riots & shit started happening down in Atlanta near where he lived. Messaged him quite a few times but never got any responses. Looks like his account got deactivated here.

Misko - He was MIA for years, but made a sudden reappearance earlier this year. Said something about wanting to get back into the swing of things here, but I know he is somewhat loyal to HD & Fordman so he may have went elsewhere.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look QUITE so bad, after the Lions whipped Arizona's ass.