• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10: Virginia Tech @ Miami (Nov. 1, 2012)

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can throw the stats out the window when comparing VT and UM. UM has had one of the toughest schedules in the country...VT not so much. That reminds me. Beamer said in a postgame interview on Hokiesports.com that VT had a tough schedule this year. His mind must be going

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can throw the stats out the window when comparing VT and UM. UM has had one of the toughest schedules in the country...VT not so much. That reminds me. Beamer said in a postgame interview on Hokiesports.com that VT had a tough schedule this year. His mind must be going

Okay, sorry. Take out the K St and ND games and Miami's defense goes from 5th worst to 11th worst? That a better statistical representation?

Even with the way our offense has played this year, I'd be shocked if we can't move the ball fairly well against Miami. Like I said before, turnovers will be key. If LT and the running backs don't kill drives with turnovers, we'll find plenty of the end-zone.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is going to be alot closer than most of us think. I think we sneak out of there with a W but it is either in OT or in the last few minutes of the game. While Miami has been blown out of the water with superior competition like ND and Kansas State (love Snyder btw - that's for another post), they have taken care of their business as well. Beat a decent NC State team, GT and lost by 4 to UNC. Miami teams also traditionally have speed at the WR position and I think there is a potential for our CBs to get burned.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
10 win streak stays alive starting this week

not srs

kinda srs

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN (Dinich):

"Miami 35, Virginia Tech 31: Miami quarterback Stephen Morris will have the edge, and the Canes’ defense will do juuuuust enough to win. Virginia Tech’s running backs will get their yards on the ground, but so will freshman phenom Duke Johnson. Miami will win the turnover and field position battle, and that will be the difference in a close game."

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuck you Dinich .... very serious

I'll say my piece about Notre Dame. When they play a great defense (which they have not), they'll be exposed.

K-State now ... I think they're legit

Alabama would absolutely ROCK them both though. This season's MNC game will be an absolute snoozer if Bama plays either one of those teams .. But I think it'll be Oregon-Bama ... and I still don't think it'll be THAT close (a few touchdowns)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Dinich .... very serious

I'll say my piece about Notre Dame. When they play a great defense (which they have not), they'll be exposed.

K-State now ... I think they're legit

Alabama would absolutely ROCK them both though. This season's MNC game will be an absolute snoozer if Bama plays either one of those teams .. But I think it'll be Oregon-Bama ... and I still don't think it'll be THAT close (a few touchdowns)

We are kinda getting OT here. Maybe 46 or Evan can start and move this OT talk to another thread. But...

Notre Dame won't play a formidable defense from here on out. Stanford was the best they would face this year and we see how that ended up. USC-w is the only game left on the schedule that is remotely scary. This will hurt them in the end (perceived SOS in Nov.), but the media love fest with ND may have the voters push them into #2 over another undefeated team (KSU, Oregon)..but I really don't see how could in good conscious do that. They should be ranked behind Oregon IMO.

Assuming 'Bama wins out..they are in. KSU despite being ranked #3 in the Harris and Coaches poll is still easily #2 in the BCS (almost .250 pints above #3). They and Oregon both have a formidable schedule going forward. If KSU wins out, they SHOULD be in the MNC game (just looking at the BCS STandings right now).

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win going away tonight.

I changed my background to sunset Lane. It's in the bag.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT 0
Miami 53

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, I didn't know canes could be that funny...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT 0
Miami 53

So is that 5 TD's, 6 FG's? Or... like 7 TD's with one 2pt conversion a FG?

If you're going to make a bullshit prediction, you should do one that makes some mathematical sense.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. A cane fan trolling the VT board. This could be fun.

D-line plays huge tonight. Both offenses struggle. Miami's does more.
21-10 VT.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe OCain and Stiney will call some great plays 2nite and the offense will actually execute..... And "Cane" can crawl back in his hole by halftime.