• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10, Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, 11/15/20, 1:25 PM PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we come out of the Bye week, we face the Seahags at SoFi, who lost yesterday to the Bills, the same team we could have easily beaten if we just would not have gone home early in Buffalo. Aaron Donald loves to play against the Seahags because he dominates and provides Russell Wilson a large dose of misery. Hopefully the offense is better prepared and we come out with fire. I like our chances and we shall see how the beginning of the second half of the season goes for the Rams.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams need to come out of the bye week with a win.

McVay has had 2 weeks to prepare a game plan for the Hawks, so it they come out and play like they did against the Fins, it is on him.

not to mention if they lose, the season will spiral down from there as the schedule is rough the next couple months.

mat this point, I don’t even trust McVay to beat a decimated 9ers team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither ALR. Why do I get the distinct sensation, that McVay did little these past two weeks and the Rams will come out flat and get their ass handed to them at home where they are undefeated? I hope I am dead wrong but history is on my side at this point. BTW, the Seahags have the worst pass defense in the league. Where did we see this type of thing before? Two weeks ago, the Rams faced a Dolphins team that has one of the league's worst run defense and what did genius boy do? I hope I am dead wrong, but I am not liking what is developing.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither ALR. Why do I get the distinct sensation, that McVay did little these past two weeks and the Rams will come out flat and get their ass handed to them at home where they are undefeated? I hope I am dead wrong but history is on my side at this point. BTW, the Seahags have the worst pass defense in the league. Where did we see this type of thing before? Two weeks ago, the Rams faced a Dolphins team that has one of the league's worst run defense and what did genius boy do? I hope I am dead wrong, but I am not liking what is developing.
I agree Retro

I used to have confidence in McVay, but since he has revealed himself as Martz 2.0, that has vanished.

he refuses to game plan against the other teams weakness, thinking his offense will beat their defense regardless. Sound familiar?

and then, his lack of in game adjustments is infuriating. It’s like “ this play hasn’t worked all day, but I think it will work this time. Let’s run it again boys” mentality.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on ALR and although he has bult a winning culture in LA land, he has been exposed and I don't think we will ever return to the Snooperbowl with McVay at the helm.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on ALR and although he has bult a winning culture in LA land, he has been exposed and I don't think we will ever return to the Snooperbowl with McVay at the helm.
Man, I would hate for it to play out that way, but you might be right.

maybe he will come to his senses. Even Vermeil took years to lighten up his training camps, etc and let other coaches have more of a say.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could forgive the guy if the opposing defense has no film of playing that style of defense all year long and it catches you off guard. What I can’t forgive is when you don’t learn from that and have a game plan for it just in case teams try that same stuff in the future.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are making too much of that Dolphin loss. Every year we have these type of games, where everything could wrong mostly when you consider
1. It was the Rams 4th east coast trip, in 8 weeks dealing with all these pandemic issues, they will keep players asses
2. Playing a qb you have no film on. Every year we have these type of games, where everything could wrong mostly
3. Speaking of tired, very little rest coming a big win on Monday then flying cross country to play the early game
4. Return for touchdowns, four turnovers. Can we even remember the last time Rams turned it over that much

What hasn't changed is the fact we only have 3 road games the rest of the season, and one more east coast trip. And the fact that the Rams have the best conference record in the NFC. We can lose all the AFC games and still make the playoffs. Not to mention, victory on Sunday moves the Rams into first place in their division.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be correct in citing the numerical evidence for perhaps why we shouldn't "make too much" of the Rams loss to the Dolphins but you are slightly missing the bigger picture, BattleLyon. McVay has not shown, to date, that he is adept at developing solid game plans for games or can make the proper adjustments at halftime that lead to wins except for the game in Buffalo. He was much more adept at both of these functions in 2019 before we were exposed in the Snooperbowl by Belicheat and Flores.

Now he must learn from his mistakes and learn some new things besides relying on his own belief in his passing game that when the time comes when the games carry maximum consequences (playoffs) he can succeed like 2018. There is an old adage in all of sports: That being any given competition in sports WILL ALWAYS reflect what you practice. If he isn't practicing the Jumbo, he now is not going to be able to implement it against an opponent that is running the 46 or its many variations. There are very few people who can turn a on/off switch away from habits and practice to win a game even though it appears like many others can.

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins won the game against the Cardinals the same way they beat the Rams. A very opportunistic defense that lives off of turning the ball over. They are a very good team. But the Rams must get better at playing "good teams" because they have lost to all of the good teams they have faced this season.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay has not shown, to date, that he is adept at developing solid game plans for games or can make the proper adjustments at halftime that lead to wins except for the game in Buffalo.

Very important statement here Retro.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be correct in citing the numerical evidence for perhaps why we shouldn't "make too much" of the Rams loss to the Dolphins but you are slightly missing the bigger picture, BattleLyon. McVay has not shown, to date, that he is adept at developing solid game plans for games or can make the proper adjustments at halftime that lead to wins except for the game in Buffalo. He was much more adept at both of these functions in 2019 before we were exposed in the Snooperbowl by Belicheat and Flores.

Now he must learn from his mistakes and learn some new things besides relying on his own belief in his passing game that when the time comes when the games carry maximum consequences (playoffs) he can succeed like 2018. There is an old adage in all of sports: That being any given competition in sports WILL ALWAYS reflect what you practice. If he isn't practicing the Jumbo, he now is going to be able to implement it agaginst an opponent that is running the 46 or its many variations. There are few people who can turn a on/off switch away from habits and practice to win a game even though it appears like they can.

Retro pretty much nailed it, but the fact is good teams beat teams they should beat... and the rams dropped 3 games against winnable teams due to stupid playcalling and bone head qb play. McVay should know what Goff is capable of as he's been his coach the last several years. An avg qb that folds under pressure but looks the part when he has years to throw or play action is working but when its not, and by god we've seen pretty much how that plays out when it's not. The Genius/Idiot need's to get his head out of his own ass and change up the strategy if this team is to sniff a playoff.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now he must learn from his mistakes and learn some new things besides relying on his own belief in his passing game that when the time comes when the games carry maximum consequences (playoffs) he can succeed like 2018. There is an old adage in all of sports: That being any given competition in sports WILL ALWAYS reflect what you practice. If he isn't practicing the Jumbo, he now is going to be able to implement it agaginst an opponent that is running the 46 or its many variations. There are few people who can turn a on/off switch away from habits and practice to win a game even though it appears like they can.
Retro pretty much nailed it, but the fact is good teams beat teams they should beat... and the rams dropped 3 games against winnable teams due to stupid playcalling and bone head qb play. McVay should know what Goff is capable of as he's been his coach the last several years. An avg qb that folds under pressure but looks the part when he has years to throw or play action is working but when its not, and by god we've seen pretty much how that plays out when it's not. The Genius/Idiot need's to get his head out of his own ass and change up the strategy if this team is to sniff a playoff.
I feel like at this moment, the best we will be is a good to very good team. I don’t foresee us ever being great. To be great, you have to be able to know how to adapt to the game and check your ego at the door. None of those are things I’ve seen from this team.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay has not shown, to date, that he is adept at developing solid game plans for games or can make the proper adjustments at halftime that lead to wins except for the game in Buffalo.

Very important statement here Retro.

Except that McVay is undefeated when he has a half time lead, so that is a wrong statement.

EkAul01U4AE2hxk.jpg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a true gif-post BattleLyon. McVay demonstrated he can make adjustments at halftime as evidenced by the Buffalo game where we came all the way back and had a lead with 4 and change left and lost the game on a boneheaded defensive series. But the Dolphins and San Fran games this year demonstrated otherwise. What McVay has a difficulty in doing is making changes on the sidelines on the fly that adapts the team to game situations as they unfold. I have yet to see McVay gather a given squad on the sidelines and offer a directive. He may just message over his headset and not want to gather players together to tip-off the opponents sideline. He may have done this in the past once and awhile but it is not something he does when needed or a regular basis or so it appears.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rams made some roster moves this week because Jordan Fuller is coming back. The Rams moved Natrez Patrick from the active roster to the PS and they cut Cohl Cabral from the PS. I think they made a mistake on the latter. They should have moved Brian Allen to the PS or cut his useless ass and moved Cabral to the active roster.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller coming back makes a great defense even better. The kid is already a leader, and there was a noticeable difference when he was not on field.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller coming back makes a great defense even better. The kid is already a leader, and there was a noticeable difference when he was not on field.

Rams are giving up 15 ppg when he plays, and 21 ppg when he doesn’t.