• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10 Pats @ Eagles

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the playoffs and win three in a row. That's all it takes.

Nobody predicted the Giants at this point in the '07 season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the playoffs and win three in a row. That's all it takes.

Nobody predicted the Giants at this point in the '07 season.

I understand the point you're making my comments are based on what I have seen to date, and the fact the Pats normally look solid at this point that is not the case currently

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever happened to the quick 5 -7 yard passing game this offense used to use, today it is either short or long but on th= few occasions they go underneath it is there. But lets not use that or the no huddle lets get Brady beat up and look worse

The OL is trash and can't block anyone which leads to Brady having no time in the pocket.

I'll say it again here, coming off a bye I was not impressed by what the Patriots did last night. Total get no one can be perfect but that's not what we are used to seeing from a Patriots team with time off and able to prepare for an opponent

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to watch this one off the DVR. If they don't fix that Oline soon, it aint gonna be pretty,

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL is trash and can't block anyone which leads to Brady having no time in the pocket.

I'll say it again here, coming off a bye I was not impressed by what the Patriots did last night. Total get no one can be perfect but that's not what we are used to seeing from a Patriots team with time off and able to prepare for an opponent

I'm not going to argue against the legitimate concerns brought up in here but I can't help but put the brakes on negativity when this shitty team just won a tough road game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue against the legitimate concerns brought up in here but I can't help but put the brakes on negativity when this shitty team just won a tough road game.
Do you agree that they have lost to or struggled with teams with minimal talent? Buffalo and Philly? The way I see it is they are great against sub par talent and struggle or lose too any team with decent talent.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you agree that they have lost to or struggled with teams with minimal talent? Buffalo and Philly? The way I see it is they are great against sub par talent and struggle or lose too any team with decent talent.

Again, I'm not arguing that there aren't concerns but do you expect every game to be won handily? They won both of the games you referenced and no, I don't see Buff and Philly as teams with sub-par talent. That was a tough game the other night and Wentz is a decent QB.

The only game they lost was to what's arguably the best team in the league.

I'm just advocating lets wait and see~

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not arguing that there aren't concerns but do you expect every game to be won handily? They won both of the games you referenced and no, I don't see Buff and Philly as teams with sub-par talent. That was a tough game the other night and Wentz is a decent QB.

The only game they lost was to what's arguably the best team in the league.

I'm just advocating lets wait and see~

The beat Philly with a trick play, they keep the defense on the field way to long, the Red Zone play sucks, the run game is struggling and the O Line is the western equivalent of saloon doors. I understand being optimistic the Pats deserve an optimistic outlook. But I also understand a realistic outlook. We looked great against shitty teams and struggle with moderately good teams. Sooner or later probably later that will hurt them.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming off a bye for the Pat's. That game isn't what they usually do though. Its ridiculous to think they will win games 59-0 or anything like that but they have to play better and it was a win, yes but with a week to prepare that was not a good performance

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the playoffs and then win three in a row.

This team can do that.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year at this time nobody was feeling like the Pats were primed for the dominant playoff run they had. The concerns about the D were at least as prevalent and well-earned then as the concerns about the O now. Let’s see how they look in January after a few weeks of having Sanu, Harry, and Wynn all available at the same time before we pronounce them fatally flawed. Given what they’ve lost since the SB run and the rotating cast of characters in the interim, it’s hardly a shock they’ve struggled to find consistency. They’ve got 6 weeks to try to establish some. The track record for figuring it out is certainly there.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Typical spoiled Patriots' homers. This team has some issue, most notably the O-line which is really crimping their style on offense, but to say they won the game on a trick play is foolish.

The Defense took control of the game after spotting the Eagles 10 points and the offense did enough to win a tough road game against a pretty talented and very desperate team.

And please spare me the BS about "they are usually firing on all cylinders at this time of the year. Last year at this time they were in the midst of losing 3 out of 5 games, scoring only 10 points in two of the losses.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but you need to understand if we talk only about positives were left patting each other on the back for a win. A lot of the "negativity" isn't negative but really just the meat on the bones for discussion.

I can enjoy a game and pat the guys on the back, then give them a list if things to fix without being a hypocrite.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Typical spoiled Patriots' homers. This team has some issue, most notably the O-line which is really crimping their style on offense, but to say they won the game on a trick play is foolish.

The Defense took control of the game after spotting the Eagles 10 points and the offense did enough to win a tough road game against a pretty talented and very desperate team.

And please spare me the BS about "they are usually firing on all cylinders at this time of the year. Last year at this time they were in the midst of losing 3 out of 5 games, scoring only 10 points in two of the losses.
Umm except for the fact the winning play was a trick play, it's not foolish it's fact. And as I stated the offense is forcing the D to stay on the field way to long. If you are to blind to see what is going on that's on you.