• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles week.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins now listed as questionable for Sunday. Not good for an offense that has been much better with him in the game. If he can't go, I certainly hope we see more snaps for Burton. Hell, you can even talk me into some snaps for Charlie Jones. I don't need a Trent Irwin heavy game when we need to score 30.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins now listed as questionable for Sunday. Not good for an offense that has been much better with him in the game. If he can't go, I certainly hope we see more snaps for Burton. Hell, you can even talk me into some snaps for Charlie Jones. I don't need a Trent Irwin heavy game when we need to score 30.

Would be a good game for Burton/Jones...DB's are young, IIRC - so, would be a good time as any if you were going to have Higgins limited or out....rather have him, obviously - but it is what it is at this point.

I mean - Higgins has a concerning injury history at this point....he's dinged up....a lot.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good game for Burton/Jones...DB's are young, IIRC - so, would be a good time as any if you were going to have Higgins limited or out....rather have him, obviously - but it is what it is at this point.

I mean - Higgins has a concerning injury history at this point....he's dinged up....a lot.
Yeah.... To me, this justifies the decision to not re-sign him for top money. He hasn't been reliable and it's hard to imagine it getting better if he hasn't corrected it yet. It's tough because I love his game and I think he adds a lot to the team. And I don't think we have his replacement yet. But, his money will probably need to be invested into the D if we're ever going to make another run.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.... To me, this justifies the decision to not re-sign him for top money. He hasn't been reliable and it's hard to imagine it getting better if he hasn't corrected it yet. It's tough because I love his game and I think he adds a lot to the team. And I don't think we have his replacement yet. But, his money will probably need to be invested into the D if we're ever going to make another run.
Agreed.

At some point, the Bengals are going to have to spend on defense...specifically edge. I do like Jenkins and McKinley with Rankins and then Hill - if the 2 rookies can continue to take steps, I do think that is a nice rotation. But they have got to start getting pressure from other areas outside of Trey...just have to. I did like that I saw Trey lineup on the opposite side last Sunday - I do think they need to move him around some - like Garrett - and try to find some ways to create better mismatches.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown Jr and Stone both cleared to go.

Eagles down a few guys...Goeddert, Bektari, and a DT...

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've been a bigger Zac Taylor apologist than many of you.... But, I've had enough of him. He does a nice job with the early scripts at times, but his feel for situational play calling is awful. Burrow's ability to convert 3rd downs really masked a lot of bad offensive approach today. The short yardage sequence - TO, 3rd and 1 bad run, 4th down pass to flat to Chase - was disastrous. Really stars with that blown timeout due to the coaches not being prepared.

Also, McPherson is not good..... 54 seems long, but it's not a tough kick on a beautiful day with no wind. It seems like everytime we lose a home game it starts with Mac missing a field goal. That would have been a 10 point game against a team playing without 2 linemen.

Last edited:

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be the same broken record I’ve been all year. This team needs new leadership.

Zac Taylor is 40-50-1 as an NFL head coach. He makes the same mistakes week after week after week after week. He’s an abysmal playcaller and in game manager. Everybody in the stadium knew that backwards screen to Chase was coming. Any microcosm of success this team has had the last 5 years is in spite of this bum. I don’t care how good his culture is and how cool he is to fans. Zac Taylor is a shitty head coach. Period.

It’s past time to fire Lou Anarumo as well. They’ve tried everything personnel wise with this defense. They still suck. No rush. Can’t tackle. DBs let receivers run right by them in coverage. They played two terrible offenses and thought things had turned around. They haven’t.

The only hope the Bengals have for salvaging the Joe Burrow era is to make a change on the headset. We all know that won’t happen.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea... he reminds me of the clueless football video gamers who always picked the same plays when they got in trouble. back in the day, they were so easy to beat and never learned because they just weren't smart enough to figure it out.