• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10, Los Angeles Rams @ Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, 11/10/19, 1:30pm PDT

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings, fellows. :yo:

May Sunday's contest be one filled with many hard hits, plenty of high-flying theatrics, and of course, good old-fashioned sportsmanship between these teams we hold dear.

Hear, Hear!! :suds:

Helluva games, fellas. Donald had me sweating bullets in that 4th quarter, he was tossing around our guards like ragdolls. Hope next time our teams play we get to do it in your upcoming beautiful new stadium, good luck with the rest of this season :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen Goff, Gurley & other RB's, and a variety of WR & TE's succeed in McVays offense. So what's the problem now? Are defenses just getting better? Is McVay's system exposed?

Look, if you can't pass block or run block, you get these problems. Plain and Simple. Sure there are dudes at QB, RB, WR and even TE out there that can overcome some of these problems, but what we really need is an Offensive Line that doesn't suck. And boy does our OL suck!

Fixing that ASAP should be Priority 1, otherwise we will meander in this league in the weeks and seasons to come. Likely regardless whoever we can get to plug in and play.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the presser of McVay and also Goff. McVay always says got to get better and we will. Goff always says I got to be better. But Goff seems like he doesn't care that much. Like no passion or fire about losing. Monotone

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen Goff, Gurley & other RB's, and a variety of WR & TE's succeed in McVays offense. So what's the problem now? Are defenses just getting better? Is McVay's system exposed?

Look, if you can't pass block or run block, you get these problems. Plain and Simple. Sure there are dudes at QB, RB, WR and even TE out there that can overcome some of these problems, but what we really need is an Offensive Line that doesn't suck. And boy does our OL suck!

Fixing that ASAP should be Priority 1, otherwise we will meander in this league in the weeks and seasons to come. Likely regardless whoever we can get to plug in and play.
I think it's a mix of a lot of different things. Whitworth is really looking his age now and isn't nearly what he was even just a couple of years ago. So our offensive line isn't nearly as good, especially since we lost some people this offseason. I still don't think Gurley is as healthy as the organization wants us to believe or us he'd be used a lot more than he currently is. Also, Goff hasn't developed and probably never will develop into this elite quarterback that this franchise wanted him to be (his contract extension proves how the franchise is banking on this to happen). And also, I think McVay still believes the hype about he's this genius that is smarter than everyone else but has yet to realize more and more teams are starting to figure his offense out and has yet to really alter things to counteract that.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73458976_2882693185110684_5366792563858604032_n.jpg

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our o-line is doing our QB and our RB's no favors. Over the past couple years, our O-line has been consistent. This year we have had so many injuries it's almost comical. Can we PLEASE somehow get Sullivan out of retirement? My god do we need a leader like that right now in the middle of our line.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is why in the heck does McVay keep pulling Gurley out of the game?. Let him get into a rhythm. Let him wear down the defense. Gurley will break a couple of good runs and then he is pulled for Brown or the rookie. I just don't get it. Yesterday I thought Gurley was injured because he was on the sidelines for so long. McVay!!! do what got you wins last season and stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starter Todd Gurley looked explosive against a formidable front seven, finishing with 12 carries for 73 yards.

His 22-yard run in the third quarter helped open up play action for the Rams offense on a drive that ended with a 30-yard field goal by kicker Greg Zuerlein. Five of his attempts went for six or more yards.

Overall, his 6.1 yard per carry average was best since averaging 6.9 on 14 carries for 97 yards against the Panthers in the season-opener

Then why did McVay keep pulling him for Brown and a rookie? and a shaky at best passing game?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. McVay seems to be turning into Mike Martz part 2.

2. The offensive line is not taking us anywhere neither is Goff, Goff is great when his support is great.

3. The playoffs are not a reality this season, too many holes

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 carries 73 yards is a pretty good avg, instead of finishing strong and finding ways to get him more involved... we leave the game in the hands of a 100 million turnover machine to get it done.. Decisions like this are what gets coaches in the hot seat, constantly putting avg players in position to fail and not using your bread and butter. It is clear as day Goff will fold under pressure or when his safety blanket isn't there, so RUN the fucking ball!! Use jumbo, use I-formation, split backs, whatever you need to incorporate to stop the bleeding. Hell you can't unpay these guys now so get the best out of them and use their strengths to their advantage.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our o-line is doing our QB and our RB's no favors. Over the past couple years, our O-line has been consistent. This year we have had so many injuries it's almost comical. Can we PLEASE somehow get Sullivan out of retirement? My god do we need a leader like that right now in the middle of our line.

Injuries or not, starter or next man up, they both suck. Football has always won in the trenches, that football 101

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. McVay seems to be turning into Mike Martz part 2.

2. The offensive line is not taking us anywhere neither is Goff, Goff is great when his support is great.

3. The playoffs are not a reality this season, too many holes

and what do we do to fill those holes?? trade our 1st for a db who won't save the team. I like ramsey but defensive efforts will go wasted if we can't weather a blitz! Those 1st can go for a G or future OT since that is part of our Achilles this year.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 carries 73 yards is a pretty good avg, instead of finishing strong and finding ways to get him more involved... we leave the game in the hands of a 100 million turnover machine to get it done.. Decisions like this are what gets coaches in the hot seat, constantly putting avg players in position to fail and not using your bread and butter. It is clear as day Goff will fold under pressure or when his safety blanket isn't there, so RUN the fucking ball!! Use jumbo, use I-formation, split backs, whatever you need to incorporate to stop the bleeding. Hell you can't unpay these guys now so get the best out of them and use their strengths to their advantage.

McVay is a smart guy, spent the offseason figuring how to beat the Patriots defense, too bad for him, thr offensive line has been offensive and other issues have popped up

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what do we do to fill those holes?? trade our 1st for a db who won't save the team. I like ramsey but defensive efforts will go wasted if we can't weather a blitz! Those 1st can go for a G or future OT since that is part of our Achilles this year.

Well the good news is that this draft is deep for offensive linemen and the Rams have shown to draft good players without a first. The bad news is that they haven't shown they can draft good offensive linemen. Aaron Kromer hasn't gotten some praise, but has he really developed anybody?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports media today is asking the same questions we are. Why isn't your highest paid number one RB not getting the ball in the entire 4th quarter in a close game? Its stupid. I thought McVay was smarter than this.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Martz must be his idol... seriously the guy gets going and you spell him??? It's like bar is set in his head that once Gurley gets over 60 yds then it's time to pull the plug. If you're getting 45 mil guaranteed i don't care if you have 9 toes your ass is getting them carries.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why the RAMS never set up screens to Gurley. Those used to work so well. I have notice though almost every pass now thrown to Gurley he drops