• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10, Los Angeles Rams @ Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, 11/10/19, 1:30pm PDT

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is why in the heck does McVay keep pulling Gurley out of the game?. Let him get into a rhythm. Let him wear down the defense. Gurley will break a couple of good runs and then he is pulled for Brown or the rookie. I just don't get it. Yesterday I thought Gurley was injured because he was on the sidelines for so long. McVay!!! do what got you wins last season and stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Todd averaged 6 ypc yesterday. And he looks fine to me. We’ve not only gone away from him and went pass happy, we also have gone away from the end around reverse where Gurley hits the middle of the Oline and the WR takes off outside. Those plays were huge for us last year and kept defenses guessing which one of those run plays were coming. Now it’s just a lot of passing. That alone would help the Oline — commiting to the run. All those passes the Oline just keeps going backwards. That’s not what you want for your QB, especially one that cannot scramble at all.

And everyone’s Oline is in shambles btw. We signed Goff after a great year for our Oline but in reality that’s not reality year end and year out.

Look at the top QBs in the league right now. Watson, Lamar, Russ.. and it’s no secret the defensive players coming out of these drafts the past 5-10 years are overwhelmingly better than the Oline prospects coming out.

So much screams don’t sign a guy like Goff to a huge contract but what are you gonna do? Our defense was pretty good yesterday. Actually scored 3 times as many points as the offense.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why the RAMS never set up screens to Gurley. Those used to work so well. I have notice though almost every pass now thrown to Gurley he drops
I’d like to know exactly what Gurley’s health status is. If it was 100%, he’d definitely be used more than he is. If he is healthy, why aren’t we using him as much would be my question.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t think Goff fumbles on that play where Minkah returned it for a touchdown.
I agree, if it was a fumble how did the ball end up hitting the ground 6 yards up field. The refs handed the game to the Steelers on that play giving on how the game was going.
Its like Okay NFL are we even now for the bad PI call last season?. Jeeze!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff played terrible yesterday, as did the O-line, so I’m not making any excuses for them

But, that pass to Reynolds in the end zone was perfectly placed and it was clearly PI on Pitt. The defender had his arms across Reynolds arms so he couldn’t make a play on the ball and the defender wasn’t even looking to play the ball at all.

This is what pisses everyone off about BFL refs. They let the defense get away with a lot of stuff late in games because they feel they don’t want to be the one to have a game decided on a penalty like that.

Problem is, PI is PI. It doesn’t matter if it happens in the 1st or the 4th, make the right call and quit screwing teams over. If the defender is guilt of the penalty, throw the flag, period!

And, yes Saints fans, this goes for your team too

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The offensive line is not taking us anywhere neither is Goff, Goff is great when his support is great.
The only support cast that Goff has ever had that is 'Great' is Todd Gurley and suddenly he is under 'load management' I guess, which totally goes against 'feed the beast' mentality that allows for talented RB's of Gurley's calliber to break a few for some long runs.

As far as the Oline, I'd take 'Good'. Hell, I'd take an 'Average' O line at this point.

But Great, naw those WR's are solid, but not a single one is 'Great', the TE's are still works in progress as Receivers, but solid in the trenches.

That's about it. So without solid offensive line play, our offensive group of very talented/good offensive players can't succeed against the NFL's best Dlines. Period!

We've seen it time and time again, and it's never any less painful.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all starts in the trenches, Teams need a good O-line and a good D-line to win in this league. Of course you need talent in skilled positions as well but if your O-line is weak no QB and RB or WR will have success. I thought the Rams were deep in the O-line dept. I guess I was wrong or maybe its this season's game planning or O-line coaching.
Whatever it is it had better get fixed or the McVay era will be just another flash in the pan.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only support cast that Goff has ever had that is 'Great' is Todd Gurley and suddenly he is under 'load management' I guess, which totally goes against 'feed the beast' mentality that allows for talented RB's of Gurley's calliber to break a few for some long runs.

As far as the Oline, I'd take 'Good'. Hell, I'd take an 'Average' O line at this point.

But Great, naw those WR's are solid, but not a single one is 'Great', the TE's are still works in progress as Receivers, but solid in the trenches.

That's about it. So without solid offensive line play, our offensive group of very talented/good offensive players can't succeed against the NFL's best Dlines. Period!

We've seen it time and time again, and it's never any less painful.

Robert Woods is the best slot WR in football, he blocks, he makes plays, he runs great routes, when do you ever seen him drop the ball. Kupp is currently one of the best WRs in football, he is 2nd in the NFL in yards per touch, top 7 in three different categories, he was just as good as last year until he got hurt. Everett is starting to breakout.

While Goff has regressed, his sack percentage is the lowest in his career and is 6th best in the nfl, while his interception percentage, 3rd down coversion, qb rating, touchdown percentage, completion percentage, etc. are at the lowest level since his rookie season.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Woods is the best slot WR in football, he blocks, he makes plays, he runs great routes, when do you ever seen him drop the ball. Kupp is currently one of the best WRs in football, he is 2nd in the NFL in yards per touch, top 7 in three different categories, he was just as good as last year until he got hurt. Everett is starting to breakout.

While Goff has regressed, his sack percentage is the lowest in his career and is 6th best in the nfl, while his interception percentage, 3rd down coversion, qb rating, touchdown percentage, completion percentage, etc. are at the lowest level since his rookie season.
Good points, so what do you think is going on with Goff? I watch Goff and he seems to be rushed on almost every pass play, especially on 3rd down. So the pass rush is getting to him mentally if not physically.
I think if Gurley can break a few big runs that will help ease the rush so I hope we see a lot of Gurley against Da Bears.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all due respect Battleyon, I'm not sure if Woods is the best slot WR on the Rams, and my comment wasn't to disparage, however it was more about throwing the 'Great' word around.

Saying Goff is great, when his support is great for me was a stretch. Goff has been both very good & very bad, and has had a few Great games and a few terrible games, but IMO Goff has never been Great, nor has he, save Gurley, ever had support that is Great.

I'll say it again... for the most part, if you can't pass block or run the ball, you're going to get exactly what we got.

I would like to post edit..... Last year while not Great, the Oline was still very, very good and very consistent.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch that, isn't Goff. The line protection is horrible. Yes, he makes mistakes at times that pisses us all off, but I don't think he expects such crap protection. It also has to do with McVay. First of all, the line stinks so use quick passes. Second, spread the WR's and TE's wide so they can't crowd the line on D.... Isn't this obvious strategy?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch that, isn't Goff. The line protection is horrible. Yes, he makes mistakes at times that pisses us all off, but I don't think he expects such crap protection. It also has to do with McVay. First of all, the line stinks so use quick passes. Second, spread the WR's and TE's wide so they can't crowd the line on D.... Isn't this obvious strategy?
And they seemed to due much better when they picked up the tempo, waiting until the 2 minute warning to do so has me scratching my head.

There is a lot I don't understand regarding Gurley, the formations, play calling and tempo that's going on this year, but it's baffling.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, so what do you think is going on with Goff? I watch Goff and he seems to be rushed on almost every pass play, especially on 3rd down. So the pass rush is getting to him mentally if not physically.
I think if Gurley can break a few big runs that will help ease the rush so I hope we see a lot of Gurley against Da Bears.

that's the point, when used Gurley is productive and the moment it seems that the offense will feed the beast then coach dipshit switches up the rotation.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good defense and a good running game when we commit to it, that should spell a recipe for a trip to the postseason.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good defense and a good running game when we commit to it, that should spell a recipe for a trip to the postseason.
With an injury plagued offensive line that hasn’t been as good to start with and a running game that has been inconsistent this season, I just don’t see it in the cards this year. There are too many good teams that are vying for those two wild card spots and I just don’t see us overcoming those teams.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With an injury plagued offensive line that hasn’t been as good to start with and a running game that has been inconsistent this season, I just don’t see it in the cards this year. There are too many good teams that are vying for those two wild card spots and I just don’t see us overcoming those teams.

I agree, it ain't our year