• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10: Bears vs Lions

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know

for a guy that has a reputation for blitzing alot, Pagano has been really conservative in his defensive packages.

Yeah, our secondary got burned for that 40+ yard TD today, but you have a rookie QB who is going to tke everything you give him, why not send the house and make him get rid of the ball?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know

for a guy that has a reputation for blitzing alot, Pagano has been really conservative in his defensive packages.

Yeah, our secondary got burned for that 40+ yard TD today, but you have a rookie QB who is going to tke everything you give him, why not send the house and make him get rid of the ball?

It's a good point. With our sudden struggles to pressure the QB with our front it actually seems to me that he's blitzed LESS than he did during the first four games. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I do know that Goff folds like a lawn chair under pressure. So, we better see it next week.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won, but it didn't instill any more confidence in what the offense can do going forward. Mitch looked good for 3 drives, and then otherwise, meh at best, and this is against one of the worst defenses in the league. If we really had a breakout game, it would have been more like 34-13 and not 20-13.

On the plus side, i don't think i saw Shaheen on the field once.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won, but it didn't instill any more confidence in what the offense can do going forward. Mitch looked good for 3 drives, and then otherwise, meh at best, and this is against one of the worst defenses in the league. If we really had a breakout game, it would have been more like 34-13 and not 20-13.

I think Shaheen was inactive for the game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaheen was inactive. We're going with Braunecker at that spot from here on out and I say "good f'ing riddance". It already paid off with a play that I doubt Shaheen makes in the end zone for a touchdown.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of a win with positives from the offense (which I thought we had) this almost feels like a loss.

This pretty much sums this game up...although I would just remove the almost. It did feel like a loss. This team is "almost" hopeless.

I nearly spat out my drink when they showed the playoffs picture for the NFC and we were listed in the "in the hunt" section. The f*ck those graphic mediots been drinkin'?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much sums this game up...although I would just remove the almost. It did feel like a loss. This team is "almost" hopeless.

I nearly spat out my drink when they showed the playoffs picture for the NFC and we were listed in the "in the hunt" section. The f*ck those graphic mediots been drinkin'?

Seen that too...........Just shook my head and thought ok whatever.

After Sunday night,i hihgly doubt they will be showing us in the hunt anymore...............lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen that too...........Just shook my head and thought ok whatever.

After Sunday night,i hihgly doubt they will be showing us in the hunt anymore...............lol
They're gonna beat the Rams. Book it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams, by their own right, are f*cking up royally too...but...We can't score man. You can't win if you can't score.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id really like to think that......I really do......but its tough....I just dont see it.
if it was not for a Staffordless Lions,we very well could have lost on Sunday..........
Our team is not clicking anywheres to think we can rely on that part of the game to win...........

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id really like to think that......I really do......but its tough....I just dont see it.
if it was not for a Staffordless Lions,we very well could have lost on Sunday..........
Our team is not clicking anywheres to think we can rely on that part of the game to win...........
I'm just playin' anyway...we'll likely lose.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just playin' anyway...we'll likely lose.

Staying up late on Sunday night over here in the Eastern Time Zone is so not fun...but it will be done...all the way to the bitter end. I saw both Mike Brown pick 6's live...and I saw, deep into the night on a Monday, the Bears be who we thought they were. No matter how much we suck or are perceived to suck, you just never know. Also, besides the stupid Saints game, we still have had nail-biting to the bitter end-give me a goddamn stroke every single time games for one and a half years now.

That said...We're gonna score like 14 points and lose by 2 to these f*ckjobs...because that's what we do.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to believe this. With games coming up against NYG and DET. With Minny's schedule getting tougher, our H2H win vs them and a game still left against them. We actually would be "in the hunt".

But I can't see it. Maybe if we had Hicks/Trevathan.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to believe this. With games coming up against NYG and DET. With Minny's schedule getting tougher, our H2H win vs them and a game still left against them. We actually would be "in the hunt".

Stranger things have happened.

I mean, when you get right down to it, it's a 4-5 team going on the road to play a 5-4 team. They're not unbeatable by any means.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we can beat the Rams, there is a glimmer of hope.

The Eagles play the Pats next week and so they should be knocked down to 5-5 (unless the Pats are a bunch of frauds who beat up on garbage teams )

Cowboys have to tango with the Pats and Bills before they play us (again, provided the Pats and Bills aren't just bumslayers)

Panthers have to play the Saints twice, the Colts (although after that Dolphins loss :suspicious:) and the Seahawks.

If we're serious about the playoffs we have a good shot to control some of our destiny.

This team is simply too talented to finish below .500

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can beat the Rams, there is a glimmer of hope.

The Eagles play the Pats next week and so they should be knocked down to 5-5 (unless the Pats are a bunch of frauds who beat up on garbage teams )

Cowboys have to tango with the Pats and Bills before they play us (again, provided the Pats and Bills aren't just bumslayers)

Panthers have to play the Saints twice, the Colts (although after that Dolphins loss :suspicious:) and the Seahawks.

If we're serious about the playoffs we have a good shot to control some of our destiny.

This team is simply too talented to finish below .500

Yeah, I have nothing better to do at work. So, looking at the landscape and taking into account that we still play 3 of the 4 teams H2H (with already a win against one) that we're chasing. We are far from dead when purely evaluating from a numbers perspective.

We literally would have controlled our own destiny against Minnesota for the final wild card if Dallas beat them on Sunday night. Which they would have if Jason Garrett wasn't a moron. We just need to gain one game on them between now and our week 17 game.

We control our own destiny against LAR (clearly) and Dallas (5-4 and we play them H2H). The only team we don't play is Carolina. But they have a handful of tough games with NO x2, at Seattle and at Indy.

I think Philly actually winds up winning the East. They have a far easier schedule than Dallas and play Dallas at home. Their final 5 games are Miami, NYG x2, WSH and DAL. So, I think Dallas is more the Wild Card worry. Which works out since we lost to Philly.

Seattle losing to SF would have been nice. Since them and MIN would both have been 7-3 and one would have to lose their game in 2 weeks. But... yeah. They're out of our reach now (even with a rough schedule) barring a mega collapse. Which I don't anticipate so long as Russell Wilson is still playing football.

So, yeah... if we get hot. The season is still there for the taking.

A win vs the Rams and we're very much alive going into two games with two teams that are 2-6/3-5-1.

Problem is? We suck and will probably lose Sunday. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger things have happened.

I mean, when you get right down to it, it's a 4-5 team going on the road to play a 5-4 team. They're not unbeatable by any means.

Oh, yeah. They're beatable. I won't deny that.

A team with massive O-line issues who just lost two more starting O-lineman Sunday.

I hope Mack and our pass rush eats their Wheaties.