• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good:
  • Special teams wasn't an anchor to the team
  • Vele is going to be a good receiver for the Broncos
  • Defensive line got some good pressure and penetration
  • Takeaways kept the Broncos in the game
The bad:
  • Offense had no rhythm
  • Bo Nix was wildly inaccurate
  • Running game was inconsistent
  • Receivers dropping passes
  • Zero tight end production
The ugly:
  • The game plan in the 2nd half. No running game and the rookie QB threw 42 attempts.
  • Stopping the run was a problem again
  • Penalties and turnovers
  • Total offensive production, minus Bo Nix's scrambling yards
  • Back end defenders not named Surtain.
On to week 2 against the Steelers....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need playmakers.

I don't get how we don't get Marvin Mims more involved.

Defense was good to me. We can't leave them out on the field the entire second half and expect them to be GREAT for 4 quarters. I loved the energy they brought. The offense killed them in the second half but the effort was always there.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mims was going to be more involved in the offense this year.
not regulated to Special Teams?!?!?
and it's time to move on from LJ Humphrey. He is JAG!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mims was going to be more involved in the offense this year.
not regulated to Special Teams?!?!?
and it's time to move on from LJ Humphrey. He is JAG!

100% agree.

I am very frustrated with the way we use Mims and it is a Payton draft pick which is something that puzzles me even more. We have solid WR's but Mims is the only thing remote to explosive at our WR position with the other guy (Franklin) not ready. I understand Mims isn't gonna catch 100 balls but use him for the purpose we drafted him.

Humphrey is just a Payton pet. He will be good for a catch but I really hate the fact that we focus more on signing him and Sills back to the PS then keeping explosive WR's like Johnson and Virgil around. That is one thing that really does bother me with Payton. I love the guy but I don't feel he is getting the best our of his roster spots with Humphrey right now. Only saving grace is that we aren't using an active 53 spot for him but he was more of a priority on the PS for us then Virgil and Johnson and they both knew that so moved on.

Payton has always been known to have a few pets he leaves around on the roster and Humphrey is one of those.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree.

I am very frustrated with the way we use Mims and it is a Payton draft pick which is something that puzzles me even more. We have solid WR's but Mims is the only thing remote to explosive at our WR position with the other guy (Franklin) not ready. I understand Mims isn't gonna catch 100 balls but use him for the purpose we drafted him.

Humphrey is just a Payton pet. He will be good for a catch but I really hate the fact that we focus more on signing him and Sills back to the PS then keeping explosive WR's like Johnson and Virgil around. That is one thing that really does bother me with Payton. I love the guy but I don't feel he is getting the best our of his roster spots with Humphrey right now. Only saving grace is that we aren't using an active 53 spot for him but he was more of a priority on the PS for us then Virgil and Johnson and they both knew that so moved on.

Payton has always been known to have a few pets he leaves around on the roster and Humphrey is one of those.

Yes!
we need playmakers and LJH is not him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!
we need playmakers and LJH is not him.

Humphrey should be that guy off the PS who you use in a pinch due to an injury. Not a guy you are already elevating week 1 when all of your WR's are healthy. Signing Brandon Johnson and Jalen Virgil to the PS should have been a bigger priority but those two know Payton is going to use Lil J ahead of them for whatever reason and it doesn't make sense to me.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP of this game to me was Jonathan Cooper followed by Zach Allen.

If I had to pick an offensive MVP I guess maybe Vele. He didn't do much with his catches but a rookie in his first game catching 8 passes was nice to see.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ankle injury. Payton said he would be fine, just a bruise, but that is about it for information.
Hes such a drama queen when he's hurt regardless of the injury you never know how serious it is.

Don't @ me, I don't give a shit.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said don't @ me, turd knuckles.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good:
  • Special teams wasn't an anchor to the team
  • Vele is going to be a good receiver for the Broncos
  • Defensive line got some good pressure and penetration
  • Takeaways kept the Broncos in the game
The bad:
  • Offense had no rhythm
  • Bo Nix was wildly inaccurate
  • Running game was inconsistent
  • Receivers dropping passes
  • Zero tight end production
The ugly:
  • The game plan in the 2nd half. No running game and the rookie QB threw 42 attempts.
  • Stopping the run was a problem again
  • Penalties and turnovers
  • Total offensive production, minus Bo Nix's scrambling yards
  • Back end defenders not named Surtain.
On to week 2 against the Steelers....
Great analysis - as usual.

My take on this Seattle game was - as far as Sean Payton cares - he's still in preseason - getting his starting QB ready for important action later in the season. From that perspective - thanks to the Seahawks - Nix got a PHD amount of learning stuffed into one game - all filled with fancy stuff not seen in college football games.

The thing that impresses Payton - is that Nix studies film - wants perfection - and is driven to succeed. To get this much NFL education in one game is a blessing.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it just me, or did Javonte have to tell Nix on one play to get up under center? I laughed.