• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Redskins @ Texans

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole problem with this organization is they give up on players way too fast.
We knew trading for Griffin and giving up our 1st rd picks would hurt in the short term, that 1st season was a fluke because of Griffin and his great talent...we got a big gift in Jackson but we still have alot of holes to fill, mostly on our Oline which I don't feel we addressed this off season very seriously.
Chester and Polumbus SUCK! I've said that for a couple yrs now, I don't care if you put Cousin's or RGIII in there it will be tough with those 2 stiffs blocking.
I personally wish we'd just trade Cousin's for a draft pick already, we gave up a lot for RG3 and we don't need a QB controversy in D.C.

And I will say again, had we not traded for RG3, maybe... just maybe we would have been able to address the O-line with some GOOD young talent in the draft with those other three high draft picks. We would be a better team with Tannehill at QB right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 gets part of the blame but we all know that some posters here assign FULL blame to him and that is BS

i expect football fans of our caliber on this board to understand more then the casual skins fan when assigning blame and going for the worn out "cliche "

from what i saw the blocking (missed assignments) were huge

what kind of scheme do you have logan paulson one on one with watt ?

look its one game and you cant draw conclusions from one outing so time to move on

but it was a team effort and i wish some posters would recognize that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I dont think we beat the Jags next week. And following that we have Philly, NY, Seattle and the Cards. 0-6 looks real doable from what I saw today.

werent you debating with me last week on how i was an asshole to predict 6-10 and now you have us goin 0-6 ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will say again, had we not traded for RG3, maybe... just maybe we would have been able to address the O-line with some GOOD young talent in the draft with those other three high draft picks. We would be a better team with Tannehill at QB right now.

here we go .you advocated gutting 2 drafts to get sanchez and bradford and when they do that for Rg3 you are whining about it ? THEY DID WHAT YOU WANTED but now you want to monday QB them ?

now you know why we should build the LOS 1st before going after a "franchise qb "

but wait we couldnt stop gap JC and we turn it to me believing he was all world

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
werent you debating with me last week on how i was an asshole to predict 6-10 and now you have us goin 0-6 ?

We have the talent to win the division in most places on offense. Sadly we have a really big problem in a key area. The defense played well enough to win this game. The rushing attack played well enough to win this game. Special team and passing game... well there is the reason why we are a good bet to lose next week. And if we lose next week, 0-6 looks real possible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here we go .you advocated gutting 2 drafts to get sanchez and bradford and when they do that for Rg3 you are whining about it ? THEY DID WHAT YOU WANTED but now you want to monday QB them ?

now you know why we should build the LOS 1st before going after a "franchise qb "

but wait we couldnt stop gap JC and we turn it to me believing he was all world

Campbell sucked, I dont think Rg3 IS a franchise QB. Right move, wrong guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong move on any of those guys period

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we'will have company at the bottom dallas and giants

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touché, dad.

Actually I was debating that we had the talent on offense and defense to win the division... Apparently we have a weakness some where. Now I dont think its the Rushing attack, And I think the defense looked pretty good save a blown play....

:whistle:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was debating that we had the talent on offense and defense to win the division... Apparently we have a weakness some where. Now I dont think its the Rushing attack, And I think the defense looked pretty good save a blown play....

:whistle:

Shark, Robert made some mistakes, but played fairly well overall. While he should take responsibility for the loss, in reality, his play was not why we lost.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, Robert made some mistakes, but played fairly well overall. While he should take responsibility for the loss, in reality, his play was not why we lost.

I agree he wasnt the reason we lost directly. But he damn sure didnt do enough for us to win this game either.

So... average Bob it is. :thumb:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he wasnt the reason we lost directly. But he damn sure didnt do enough for us to win this game either.

So... average Bob it is. :thumb:

Maybe. But if the ST don't give up 8 points and Paul doesn't fumble, we probably win that game. So maybe he did. But I would agree that average bob is appropriate right now.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted on my board (I call it my board since I'm the only one on the Texans board lol) that it would take a couple turnovers to win the game.

I believe ya'll would have won without those two fumbles.

Your guys really moved the ball well when they got Alfred Morris more involved. More of that and teams will have to cheat to stop the run and that will get DJax some openings.

Glad we won't be the ones having to play you when you get your offense in sync.

Good luck the rest of the season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted on my board (I call it my board since I'm the only one on the Texans board lol) that it would take a couple turnovers to win the game.

Your guys really moved the ball well when they got Alfred Morris more involved. More of that and teams will have to cheat to stop the run and that will get DJax some openings.

Thanks. All I can say is JJ Watt is underpaid. You're going to enjoy watching him destroy offenses for years to come.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole problem with this organization is they give up on players way too fast.

Who have they given up on too fast in the last 3-4 years?

sublime4eva said:
Chester and Polumbus SUCK! I've said that for a couple yrs now, I don't care if you put Cousin's or RGIII in there it will be tough with those 2 stiffs blocking.

Maybe the organization is making sure not to give up on these guys too fast.

sublime4eva said:
I personally wish we'd just trade Cousin's for a draft pick already, we gave up a lot for RG3 and we don't need a QB controversy in D.C.

Not the worst idea imo. Maybe the Rams are amenable to giving the Skins some get back after their debacle of offensive ineptitude of today.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has to be fun to have a player like Watt. I was watching preface before guys put pads on, they showed DJax walk up to say hi to JJ. I looked at my SO and said "that is a bad man." there won't be any question about him being over paid.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Texans fear a meniscus tear for Jadeveon Clowney that could require arthroscopic surgery.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should of tanked the season like the Colts did, then we could of got Luck or Griffin and not given up a thing!