• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weed Butter

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue man. I’m not a weed guy. I know it’s outdoor grow, buds don’t look like anything special. I would guess it’s a lower grade

I'm assuming the recipe you used called for the weed to be heated up at some point right? Because if the weed is never heated up, it won't get you high at all. I'm guessing being baked in brownies would do it, but it needs to get up to like 220-250 degrees before the chemical reaction happens, and if all the weed doesn't get that hot then you may just have like some on the edges that get activated.

I really have no clue how hot brownies get when cooking them, but 250 degrees is pretty fucking hot and when I cook many foods the internal temps are only like 140 on meats. And then for like slow cooking things which is about the highest I go with meats, it's still only around 200-205 degrees.

But since you are following recipes I would guess they should have all this covered. If not, look up "decarb weed" on google. Basically - heat up the weed before you do anything with it.

Oswaldandme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did no one take my advice????
Butter in the butt...
Edibles in the gut.
Sheesh...

Oswaldandme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amsh butter in her ass
Nothing like that to smash

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the recipe you used called for the weed to be heated up at some point right? Because if the weed is never heated up, it won't get you high at all. I'm guessing being baked in brownies would do it, but it needs to get up to like 220-250 degrees before the chemical reaction happens, and if all the weed doesn't get that hot then you may just have like some on the edges that get activated.

I really have no clue how hot brownies get when cooking them, but 250 degrees is pretty fucking hot and when I cook many foods the internal temps are only like 140 on meats. And then for like slow cooking things which is about the highest I go with meats, it's still only around 200-205 degrees.

But since you are following recipes I would guess they should have all this covered. If not, look up "decarb weed" on google. Basically - heat up the weed before you do anything with it.
So I did the butter in a crockpot. I put the pound of butter in, ripped up the weed and put it on top, set it to Low and left for work at 6. The wife calls me at about 9 saying that it's burnt, so I tell her to just shut it off. I get home at 4:30 and check it out. What was in the crock pot had solidified back to butter and wasn't black or brown, just and off yellow but when I strained it the buds were pretty crispy and there was some black ashy pieces in there. I'm pretty sure it got hot enough to activate the THC but I think the crockpot may have actually burnt it off.

Brownies were cooked at 325 for 35 minutes so I doubt that the middle of them got to 250.

I'm gonna double the dose this weekend and see if that does it. If not, I'll toss the remaining butter and start over.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk i do know i always jus smoke the weed and eat the brownie batter tho :noidea:

The munchies thing has never gotten me. After toking up the last thing I wanna do is eat junk food. But cottonmouth's a problem.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I did the butter in a crockpot. I put the pound of butter in, ripped up the weed and put it on top, set it to Low and left for work at 6. The wife calls me at about 9 saying that it's burnt, so I tell her to just shut it off. I get home at 4:30 and check it out. What was in the crock pot had solidified back to butter and wasn't black or brown, just and off yellow but when I strained it the buds were pretty crispy and there was some black ashy pieces in there. I'm pretty sure it got hot enough to activate the THC but I think the crockpot may have actually burnt it off.

Brownies were cooked at 325 for 35 minutes so I doubt that the middle of them got to 250.

I'm gonna double the dose this weekend and see if that does it. If not, I'll toss the remaining butter and start over.

decarb first and you'll get better results I guess. You can just put the weed in the oven at like 250 for an hour or something.

6 NEED to KNOW Decarboxylation Facts to Fully Activate Cannabis

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is, you have to be careful not to get it TOO hot, otherwise you're just cooking the THC out of it. The best method is to use a double-boiler where you can more or less temper the temperature (ha!) of the water being heated, and let it be a slow build-up of heat, where the butter melts and seeps the thc out of the plant material. after about 45 minutes or so, you should have most of the thc out of the weed and into the butter. then take it off the burner, and strain the melted butter through a strainer, and if you really wanna go balls to the wall with it, you can strain it through a cheesecloth. let it cool, then use that butter to cook stuff with, particularly baked goods.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is, you have to be careful not to get it TOO hot, otherwise you're just cooking the THC out of it. The best method is to use a double-boiler where you can more or less temper the temperature (ha!) of the water being heated, and let it be a slow build-up of heat, where the butter melts and seeps the thc out of the plant material. after about 45 minutes or so, you should have most of the thc out of the weed and into the butter. then take it off the burner, and strain the melted butter through a strainer, and if you really wanna go balls to the wall with it, you can strain it through a cheesecloth. let it cool, then use that butter to cook stuff with, particularly baked goods.
Thanks man. That's the info I needed. What about the butter/weed ration? Any insight?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh. How else would I make my weed pancakes?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man. That's the info I needed. What about the butter/weed ration? Any insight?

Mmmm depends on the quality. In your case, with it being homegrown, maybe a quarter oz for every 4-5 sticks of butter

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm depends on the quality. In your case, with it being homegrown, maybe a quarter oz for every 4-5 sticks of butter
Ok, so I was pretty close. I'll use what I got with a pound of butter and I should be straight.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highly recommend the cheesecloth. Not a fan of particulates. Spot on tho.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest way is a crock pot. You cant fuck up the temp that way. Low and slow, for about 5 hours. Also use coconut oil/butter. It bonds beter the the chemicals you are trying to extract. I ran it through a series of screens and presses, and used a reusable coffee filter for a final strain.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest way is a crock pot. You cant fuck up the temp that way. Low and slow, for about 5 hours. Also use coconut oil/butter. It bonds beter the the chemicals you are trying to extract. I ran it through a series of screens and presses, and used a reusable coffee filter for a final strain.
I used a crockpot on low, but I'm 90% sure it burnt the bud. I'm trying next time on the "Warm" setting. And I'll do it when I'm home this time so I can babysit it.