• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wednesday Night Wars

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You, after you posted that tweet...
EntireUntidyHarvestmouse.gif

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going to get into another debate about scalping concepts but I will let you know this isnt going to happen next week. The Boston show is at a venue half the size of this one.

Also floor seats are still at above list price for tonight.

I'm still hoping that the scalpers flood the market with tickets so I can get one dirt cheap.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's the grand opening of a brand new store or restaurant, of course it's going to sell out and do a big first night. While most people are celebrating like they just hit the jackpot any reasonable person will tell you to see what week 2 is like before you go crowning AEW as the WWE slayer(which by the way sooooo many internet fans are already doing that).

I'm not saying no one should be happy and popping champagne that we have a true alternative I'm saying maybe people should slow down before they start making "WWE is dead" t-shirts and stickers.

WWE is a about to do a monster show on broadcast TV so their company is in its best shape in ages.

WWE is at its its highest cultural peak in close to 20 years and wrestling outside of WWE is at its peak in close to 20 years.

I don't think its one or the other.

The thing is for TNA to reach a moment like this they needed 10 years and Hulk Hogan. I expect AEW ratings to go down the next few weeks but longterm they can get bigger with good business decisions

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the grand opening of a brand new store or restaurant, of course it's going to sell out and do a big first night. While most people are celebrating like they just hit the jackpot any reasonable person will tell you to see what week 2 is like before you go crowning AEW as the WWE slayer(which by the way sooooo many internet fans are already doing that).

I'm not saying no one should be happy and popping champagne that we have a true alternative I'm saying maybe people should slow down before they start making "WWE is dead" t-shirts and stickers.

Technically it sold out. But scalpers flooded the market with tickets about a week before yesterday's show and there were still...a...lot of tickets still available 90 minutes before showtime. I looked after I linked the article earlier in the thread.

RealAlex01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW did better than NXT in the first week they went head-to-head against each other. I could only imagine if AEW went head-to-head against the RAW and SmackDown Live of the past few years, AEW would have taken them to the woodshed.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW did better than NXT in the first week they went head-to-head against each other. I could only imagine if AEW went head-to-head against the RAW and SmackDown Live of the past few years, AEW would have taken them to the woodshed.

Congrats. :clap:

You've got the newest batch of anti-WWE/pro-AEW talking points. I'm proud of you, son.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raw did a 2.5 this week. That's a million more viewers than AEW got (1.4). If NXT didn't air and you assume everyone that watched it would instead what AEW, it still wouldn't add up to the Raw number (NXT did a 0.8 so you'd get a 2.2 rating). Close, but not woodshed level.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Raw did a 2.5 this week. That's a million more viewers than AEW got (1.4). If NXT didn't air and you assume everyone that watched it would instead what AEW, it still wouldn't add up to the Raw number (NXT did a 0.8 so you'd get a 2.2 rating). Close, but not woodshed level.

I'm not saying that AEW had any chance of beating Raw out of the gate but there are disgruntled fans who've watched Raw that would have watched AEW instead if they went head to head. I fall into that group. The 2.5 million number is with an uncontested wrestling audience.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that AEW had any chance of beating Raw out of the gate but there are disgruntled fans who've watched Raw that would have watched AEW instead if they went head to head. I fall into that group. The 2.5 million number is with an uncontested wrestling audience.

Do you still watch NXT? Or are you "disgruntled" with them as well?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for me, I was willing to stick with Smackdown on Fox. However, after the utter bullshit last night that was Kofi's burial, I've decided that Wednesday's are the only night of wrestling I'll watch. That means AEW live and NXT on the Network and nothing else that is current.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do you still watch NXT? Or are you "disgruntled" with them as well?

Ive never watched NXT on a weekly basis. I occasionally watch an episode on the network and always watch the Takeover specials ( which are fantastic). I'll probably follow that same schedule.

RealAlex01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not talking about the current RAW and Smackdown, I'm talking about the ones of years past. With the season premiere, I can say at least WWE is heading in the right direction. WWE might have the edge on AEW with both RAW and or Smackdown in THIS new era if they went directly head-to-head but if the previous era WWE shows went head-to-head, they'd get smacked by AEW in terms of wrestling quality

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't care about their fans. At all.

But you quoted the last part of my post, which was a request to flood the Boston market (no pun intended) with cheap to free tickets. I want to go to the show on Wednesday, and I'd like to pay as little as possible.

I'll ignore the last part of your post, although it is a nice strawman.

You know I'm right, and that's why you're planning to ignore it.

And if you're going to claim I'm wrong, prove it....show one instance where you gave an opinion on something of importance related to AEW where you said something even mildly positive. Just one instance...

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I'm right, and that's why you're planning to ignore it.

And if you're going to claim I'm wrong, prove it....show one instance where you gave an opinion on something of importance related to AEW where you said something even mildly positive. Just one instance...

I'm not going to go look back at your post to see what you're claiming to be right about.

I'm also not interested in proving you wrong. There's a search function for you to use if you think you're right about me. I suggest you use it.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to go look back at your post to see what you're claiming to be right about.

I'm also not interested in proving you wrong. There's a search function for you to use if you think you're right about me. I suggest you use it.

Because you know you can't prove me wrong...if there was something you've said positive about AEW you'd at least vaguely remember it because that's not something common, correct?

And it's not as if you've said a million things about AEW to where it's hard for you to keep track, so your 'lack of remembrance' is essentially an admission that it doesn't exist.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically AEW aired on 2 cable networks and still lost almost 300k viewers(400k if you don't count them getting basically trying to sucker people in by being on 2 networks).

Which doesn't make any sense because according to a certain person here with how bad Kofi losing and the HIAC ending was that was supposed to drive people to AEW in droves.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So basically AEW aired on 2 cable networks and still lost almost 300k viewers(400k if you don't count them getting basically trying to sucker people in by being on 2 networks).

Which doesn't make any sense because according to a certain person here with how bad Kofi losing and the HIAC ending was that was supposed to drive people to AEW in droves.

They weren't trying to sucker anyone. There was a potential scheduling conflict with major league baseball on Turner networks so they were on a second channel as a backup plan.

Next week should be telling as week 1 was going to be abnormally high and week 2 was going to lose a ton of fans regardless of quality. Week 3 should set a realistic baseline

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't trying to sucker anyone. There was a potential scheduling conflict with major league baseball on Turner networks so they were on a second channel as a backup plan.

They knew several hours ahead of time that baseball wasn't going to run long. They could have easily put something else on TruTV because AEW wasn't getting bumped. They didn't and chose to try and inflate their viewer count by keeping it on a second network.