• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wednesday Night Wars

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They knew several hours ahead of time that baseball wasn't going to run long. They could have easily put something else on TruTV because AEW wasn't getting bumped. They didn't and chose to try and inflate their viewer count by keeping it on a second network.

And if someone set their DVR to TruTV when that report was out they would have missed the show.

The idea that Turner networks simulcast AEW to artificially bump up their ratings by 100 k is a reach

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if someone set their DVR to TruTV when that report was out they would have missed the show.

The idea that Turner networks simulcast AEW to artificially bump up their ratings by 100 k is a reach

Someone would have no reason to set their DVR to TruTV because the show aired on TNT wasn't preempted. Regardless if by random chance someone has a DVR and set it to TruTV then they likely also set it for TNT and therefore it didn't matter.

The only people who watched on TruTV are people that don't get TNT(which isn't likely since it's a big network but in any case that inflates their number by being on a 2nd channel) or people who are just casual fans and happened to flip past and see wrestling and stuck around to watch it(which inflates their number by being on a 2nd channel).

Imagine how high Raw's ratings would be if the show aired on USA, Bravo, SyFy, Chiller, etc all at once.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Someone would have no reason to set their DVR to TruTV because the show aired on TNT wasn't preempted. Regardless if by random chance someone has a DVR and set it to TruTV then they likely also set it for TNT and therefore it didn't matter.

The only people who watched on TruTV are people that don't get TNT(which isn't likely since it's a big network but in any case that inflates their number by being on a 2nd channel) or people who are just casual fans and happened to flip past and see wrestling and stuck around to watch it(which inflates their number by being on a 2nd channel).

"Someone would have no reason to set their DVR to TruTV because the show aired on TNT wasn't preempted"

Someone leaves their home after the report of possible preemption but before it's clarified .

"Imagine how high Raw's ratings would be if the show aired on USA, Bravo, SyFy, Chiller, etc all at once"

They want as many people as possible watching the flagship cable station USA so that would never happen. This is beyond a reach at this point. Theres no conspiracy.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Someone would have no reason to set their DVR to TruTV because the show aired on TNT wasn't preempted"

Someone leaves their home after the report of possible preemption but before it's clarified .

Missed this part - they likely also set it for TNT and therefore it didn't matter.

You don't just DVR the side channel and that's it. They wanted as many eyeballs on their product as possible because they knew they overhyped the hell out of Dynamite and knew the rating would drop so keeping the 2nd channel even though they had 0 reason too accomplished that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna have to start checking this out.

AEW can’t be worse than the trash on the other side.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TNT has the previous episodes On Demand if you wanna catch up

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh joy, now you've got a new boogeyman to rage against.

Is this replacing your phony Becky hate or is it right next to it?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh joy, now you've got a new boogeyman to rage against.

Is this replacing your phony Becky hate or is it right next to it?

Nothing phony dude. I don’t know what your deal is. Wwe is a mess right now.

Even SI wrote about it.

SI!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week:

AEW: 1.014 million
NXT: 712,000

Both dropped by 11% from last week and there was no baseball. Only NXT lost 78k viewers while AEW lost 126k. AEW is losing more fans by the week than NXT is because they started with more when the shows went H2H for the first time.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week:

AEW: 1.014 million
NXT: 712,000

Both dropped by 11% from last week and there was no baseball. Only NXT lost 78k viewers while AEW lost 126k. AEW is losing more fans by the week than NXT is because they started with more when the shows went H2H for the first time.
Right now, I'm wondering at what point do both of the shows bottom out at.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I'm wondering at what point do both of the shows bottom out at.

i think next week will be a good idea with baseball season over.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let’s how they do without the varsity talent showing up all over the card.

You mean WWE actually promoted a PPV well and people tuned into tv to see the build continue? By god they must be cheating somehow that is unheard of, get this witchcraft off my screen.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean?

The dirt sheet narrative, best I can gather, is that AEW can do no wrong, is great/excellent, etc and NXT (really WWE) is complete shit, can't do anything right, etc

It's something I noticed a couple, three weeks ago when Traci Brooks (Kazarian's wife) was scolding "fans", i.e. non-AEW fans, to enjoy all the wrestling that's out there and not to "pick a side". Forgettting to mention the narrative, pushed primarily by AEW, that WWE is the drizzling shits and AEW is where it's at.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dirt sheet narrative, best I can gather, is that AEW can do no wrong, is great/excellent, etc and NXT (really WWE) is complete shit, can't do anything right, etc

It's something I noticed a couple, three weeks ago when Traci Brooks (Kazarian's wife) was scolding "fans", i.e. non-AEW fans, to enjoy all the wrestling that's out there and not to "pick a side". Forgettting to mention the narrative, pushed primarily by AEW, that WWE is the drizzling shits and AEW is where it's at.

I don't think AEW can do no wrong.

But I see why they have such a following.

Starting with the single greatest announce team in wrestling. And they've just consistently churned out good show after good show.

Yes, the womens division needs some talent additions (althogh if WWE can get Becky over, any of these girls can get over)

And yes there's a ton of dives and leaps and flips over the rope (but you can also say that about WWE at this point).

They have their own stuff to work on.

But NXT needed a card full of WWE superstars, including it's most popular woman (somehow, makes me want to give up on humanity), and arguably it's most popular tag team, PLUS a team that had the SD belts this month, to beat AEW for once. That's not a sustainable model.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean WWE actually promoted a PPV well and people tuned into tv to see the build continue? By god they must be cheating somehow that is unheard of, get this witchcraft off my screen.

sending top talent down to the JV team is not a sustainable model.