• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wednesday Night Wars

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can all see by my username being a WWE fan since the attitude era I’m more likely to watch NXT then AEW but that being said I’ll still watch both. My only concern is with NXT will it be more of a developmental show like it is/was on the WWE Network or more like a regular show like Raw/SD Live? Keep in mind I only saw 1 or 2 NXT shows when I use to have the WWE Network a few yrs back.

With it expanding to 2 hrs, I'd say it'll be closer to Raw/SD (though they are still doing the show from Full Sail instead of touring). The newer signees will still go thru NXT, but the greener ones will probably kept off TV longer

Also, welcome. Glad to have you around

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With it expanding to 2 hrs, I'd say it'll be closer to Raw/SD (though they are still doing the show from Full Sail instead of touring). The newer signees will still go thru NXT, but the greener ones will probably kept off TV longer

Also, welcome. Glad to have you around

I think it stays 90% the same. Main thing is better production quality but it’ll still be the NXT it currently is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it stays 90% the same. Main thing is better production quality but it’ll still be the NXT it currently is.

Yep. Mostly the same but with maybe some extra underutilized talent brought in from the "main" roster to help fill the additional hour. They had already made Tyler Breeze and Killian Dain part of NXT again. I expect a couple of others as well

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Mostly the same but with maybe some extra underutilized talent brought in from the "main" roster to help fill the additional hour. They had already made Tyler Breeze and Killian Dain part of NXT again. I expect a couple of others as well
If there were four I think that'd make sense, it'd be Eric Young, The Ascension and EC3 (who I think shouldn't have left to start with).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI: You don't have to choose between NXT and AEW tonight. AEW will air a replay immediately after their first showing. So you could watch NXT at 8 and then AEW at 10. There is a 15 minute overrun listed for NXT though (ends at 10:15)

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who's getting real annoyed with AEW walking back their war narrative?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to say I told you so, but I freaking told you so!!

Thousands of tickets back on sale for AEW’s debut TNT show in Washington, DC

The scalper problem was and is real, not that Cody and the Bucks gave a shit about it. They could've pledged (insincerely) to work with Ticketmaster to combat this and look like heroes. But they decided that the money they got from scalpers, and the few fans who were able to get tickets, was more important.

I said it before and I'll say it again...Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks do...not...care about their fans. At all.

I hope the same thing happens next week in Boston. I would love to pay next to nothing for near floor seats.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't want to say I told you so, but I freaking told you so!!

Thousands of tickets back on sale for AEW’s debut TNT show in Washington, DC

The scalper problem was and is real, not that Cody and the Bucks gave a shit about it. They could've pledged (insincerely) to work with Ticketmaster to combat this and look like heroes. But they decided that the money they got from scalpers, and the few fans who were able to get tickets, was more important.

I said it before and I'll say it again...Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks do...not...care about their fans. At all.

I hope the same thing happens next week in Boston. I would love to pay next to nothing for near floor seats.

Im not going to get into another debate about scalping concepts but I will let you know this isnt going to happen next week. The Boston show is at a venue half the size of this one.

Also floor seats are still at above list price for tonight.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much did they paper that crowd? I looked less than 2 hours ago and there were a TON of tickets still available.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you'll still find something to nitpick and complain about, because that's what you do...:nod:

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you'll still find something to nitpick and complain about, because that's what you do...:nod:

That actually wasn't a complaint Stalker Stan. That was a request for the scalpers to flood Ticketmaster with tickets, so I can get one dirt cheap. Possibly free, if tonight's any indication.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually wasn't a complaint Stalker Stan. That was a request for the scalpers to flood Ticketmaster with tickets, so I can get one dirt cheap. Possibly free, if tonight's any indication.

Bringing up that they don't care about their fans...that's a complaint whichever way you slice it.

AEW could fund the research team that cures cancer and you'll still find something to complain about, because they can do no right in your mind.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up that they don't care about their fans...that's a complaint whichever way you slice it.

AEW could fund the research team that cures cancer and you'll still find something to complain about, because they can do no right in your mind.

They don't care about their fans. At all.

But you quoted the last part of my post, which was a request to flood the Boston market (no pun intended) with cheap to free tickets. I want to go to the show on Wednesday, and I'd like to pay as little as possible.

I'll ignore the last part of your post, although it is a nice strawman.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta love biased math to make WWE look weak.

AEW slightly doubled its competition in the key adults 18-49 demographic, scoring 878,000 viewers compared to “NXT’s” 414,000. Tripled would mean NXT would have gotten 292,666 in that demo.

But I’m just out here waiting for the overreactions to come in. I mean logically of course AEW was going to do a bigger number for their first episode in company history compared to NXT which is been around for 5+ years but certain people never let logic dictate their emotions.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta love biased math to make WWE look weak.

AEW slightly doubled its competition in the key adults 18-49 demographic, scoring 878,000 viewers compared to “NXT’s” 414,000. Tripled would mean NXT would have gotten 292,666 in that demo.

But I’m just out here waiting for the overreactions to come in. I mean logically of course AEW was going to do a bigger number for their first episode in company history compared to NXT which is been around for 5+ years but certain people never let logic dictate their emotions.

The show did 1.4 million against playoff baseball and counterprogramming by WWE.

Downplaying this is a really tough sell at this point.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show did 1.4 million against playoff baseball and counterprogramming by WWE.

It's the grand opening of a brand new store or restaurant, of course it's going to sell out and do a big first night. While most people are celebrating like they just hit the jackpot any reasonable person will tell you to see what week 2 is like before you go crowning AEW as the WWE slayer(which by the way sooooo many internet fans are already doing that).

I'm not saying no one should be happy and popping champagne that we have a true alternative I'm saying maybe people should slow down before they start making "WWE is dead" t-shirts and stickers.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Against Oakland-Tampa? You are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely stretching there.

Not very surprising given your white knighting for AEW.