• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wednesday Night Wars

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this about the tickets or something else?

I want there to be a second major wrestling company for the sake of performers and fans. It's within WWEs rights to try to put them out of business before they even put on their first show but as an overall fan I dont support it. If I come across as a "fanboy" that's why. Anyone who cares more about wrestling than a single company should feel the same way imo

This is the sentiment I think most people can agree with. I wasn’t for or against anything. I just can never agree with any company being immoral trying to put competition out of business before they begin. AEW vs WWE isn’t Walmart/Amazon vs Ma and Pa shops. It is two companies who are financially wealthy vying for the top spot in a lucrative niche industry, at least in the USA.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens literally for every high demand concert, football game, sporting event etc. Scalpers were hot on these tickets because they've been quick sellouts in other markets.

If you were a fan that upset about getting shutout of tickets I would message you on how to buy them. I got floor/second row seats at face value no problem. Since you didn't try to buy them and are just upset on behalf of fans on Twitter I dont know what to say? Good luck getting into their full sail NXT shows. Should be easy.

Ticketmaster is supposed to have safeguards to protect average fan Joe from having to pay a scalper for tickets. You said so yourself. Yet scalpers magically got these tickets and you just want to shrug your shoulders because fans like me got shut out and you didn't. I keep saying it and you keep ignoring it, why hasn't (or won't) Cody and the Bucks at least pretended to care about average fan Joe and say they'll make sure "their" fans get to see them live? Because they don't care about you, or me, or average fan Joe. They just care about our money.

I'm upset because AEW, or Ticketmaster, couldn't be bothered to announce an on-sale date for tickets. I looked, multiple times. No date found. You want to know when I found out the on-sale date? When I got home from work and saw both shows were sold out. That's when.

It doesn't matter now whether you message me on how to buy tickets to these shows. They're sold out and I refuse to pay $350, minimum, to get in the door.

I told you why I didn't try to buy them. Second paragraph.

Don't you see the irony in scolding me for being upset on behalf of fans on Twitter and the complete silence from AEW on the platform that allegedly makes up their fanbase. Judging by the bolded, obviously not.

I don't live in Florida, so obviously your last dig failed.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this about the tickets or something else?

I want there to be a second major wrestling company for the sake of performers and fans. It's within WWEs rights to try to put them out of business before they even put on their first show but as an overall fan I dont support it. If I come across as a "fanboy" that's why. Anyone who cares more about wrestling than a single company should feel the same way imo

It's about AEW's incoherent message and obvious hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, for you, AEW doesn't want that. They want WWE to cease operations....yesterday. Sure they claim the opposite, but that's where their blatant (or obvious) hypocrisy comes into play.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One company is trying to keep a monopoly on US wrestling going into a third decade?

Thats fine

Other company had too many scalpers buy tickets in part because they were priced too reasonably in Boston and Philly.
They owe everyone an apology! Promise it'll never happen again

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

One note: That other company you're white knighting for wants to be the only player in town and doesn't care about their fans. At all. They only care about their "fans" money.

You also are missing my point. I never said they should apologize...ever. You have, in your attempt to belittle me. What I have said and will continue to say is they should do a little PR and pretend to care about average fan Joe and say they'll work with (insert company here) to ensure fans get first crack at tickets. Since they obviously don't care about their fans, the tweet or press release will be complete bullshit. They should still say it anyway.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is the sentiment I think most people can agree with. I wasn’t for or against anything. I just can never agree with any company being immoral trying to put competition out of business before they begin. AEW vs WWE isn’t Walmart/Amazon vs Ma and Pa shops. It is two companies who are financially wealthy vying for the top spot in a lucrative niche industry, at least in the USA.

Not to get into semantics but I didn't mean it's immoral, just that the move loses them the moral highground. I mentioned the NFL and NCAAF but there's also the UFC and Bellator as an example of similar sports/entertainment industries co-exsisting. The marketplace was big enough for both companies imo but now its a direct competition.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get into semantics but I didn't mean it's immoral, just that the move loses them the moral highground. I mentioned the NFL and NCAAF but there's also the UFC and Bellator as an example of similar sports/entertainment industries co-exsisting. The marketplace was big enough for both companies imo but now its a direct competition.

Then maybe AEW should've selected a different TV partner. They knew that by going with TNT, the only day they'd be able to run is Wednesday. They also knew WWE would respond and give them, in their mind, the standing to complain about unfairness, or what have you. Don't absolve them of blame in this.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But UFC/Bellator was like WWE/NWJP not AEW which is directly competing for the exact same viewers unlike all foreign MMA or Wrestling companies. Not to come off as the American exceptionalism but it is, you make more money as a company in the USA. As an individual you can oversees but not as a company.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ticketmaster is supposed to have safeguards to protect average fan Joe from having to pay a scalper for tickets. You said so yourself. Yet scalpers magically got these tickets and you just want to shrug your shoulders because fans like me got shut out and you didn't. I keep saying it and you keep ignoring it, why hasn't (or won't) Cody and the Bucks at least pretended to care about average fan Joe and say they'll make sure "their" fans get to see them live? Because they don't care about you, or me, or average fan Joe. They just care about our money.

I'm upset because AEW, or Ticketmaster, couldn't be bothered to announce an on-sale date for tickets. I looked, multiple times. No date found. You want to know when I found out the on-sale date? When I got home from work and saw both shows were sold out. That's when.

It doesn't matter now whether you message me on how to buy tickets to these shows. They're sold out and I refuse to pay $350, minimum, to get in the door.

I told you why I didn't try to buy them. Second paragraph.

Don't you see the irony in scolding me for being upset on behalf of fans on Twitter and the complete silence from AEW on the platform that allegedly makes up their fanbase. Judging by the bolded, obviously not.

I don't live in Florida, so obviously your last dig failed.

I'm a veteran ticket buyer. I've been going to shows and concerts for over two decades. These systems short circuit when the demand is too high. The idea that AEW owe an apology or rather a "PR statement" assuring people they'll fix a ticketing system issue is absurd.

If you're running a business you want a high demand for your tickets and that will unfortunately include scalpers. Once the novelty wears off and they're visiting a market a second or third time the issue will likely resolve itself, scalpers included

I followed the Philly sale and they did a delayed release where blocks of tickets would open up even after the show "soldout". If anyone wanted seats for retail price and was willing to wait out the initial rush they could still get them.

If you weren't following AEW social media, watching BTE or even monotoring wrestling sites closely enough to know when tickets were going on sale thats clearly not a fault of the company. Apparently enough people knew about it. You're criticizing AEW for both excessive ticket demand as well as not marketing the onsale date to casual fans?
My hunch is that you don't want a second major company out of loyalty to the WWE and you're going to manufacture issues with AEW even when none exsist. I'm rooting hard for AEW because I think this is the perfect storm with a billionaire owner and the last, best chance for a second major company to take off in the US.
This place is going to be insufferable if we keep arguing every minor point for 3 pages over the next year so I'm going to agree to disagree with you not just on ticket practices but on AEW in general.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a veteran ticket buyer. I've been going to shows and concerts for over two decades. These systems short circuit when the demand is too high. The idea that AEW owe an apology or rather a "PR statement" assuring people they'll fix a ticketing system issue is absurd.

If you're running a business you want a high demand for your tickets and that will unfortunately include scalpers. Once the novelty wears off and they're visiting a market a second or third time the issue will likely resolve itself, scalpers included

I followed the Philly sale and they did a delayed release where blocks of tickets would open up even after the show "soldout". If anyone wanted seats for retail price and was willing to wait out the initial rush they could still get them.

If you weren't following AEW social media, watching BTE or even monotoring wrestling sites closely enough to know when tickets were going on sale thats clearly not a fault of the company. Apparently enough people knew about it. You're criticizing AEW for both excessive ticket demand as well as not marketing the onsale date to casual fans?
My hunch is that you don't want a second major company out of loyalty to the WWE and you're going to manufacture issues with AEW even when none exsist. I'm rooting hard for AEW because I think this is the perfect storm with a billionaire owner and the last, best chance for a second major company to take off in the US.
This place is going to be insufferable if we keep arguing every minor point for 3 pages over the next year so I'm going to agree to disagree with you not just on ticket practices but on AEW in general.

You'd be wrong. Because I follow several people associated with AEW and they were completely silent about an on sale date. I'm talking crickets here. Now I saw the initial tweet and it mentioned the AEW twitter feed would release the on-sale dates, which I missed. But why didn't a Jim Ross or a Christopher Daniels mention anything about it?

Now this is what I saw and I'd like you to tell me where in this picture is an on-sale date.
EBTKWNsXsAI4x1G

Once again you're completely wrong. I actually intend to watch the show when it airs. But I would've like to have seen the Boston show live. Apparently the AEW talent only wants Kool-Aid drinkers such as yourself to be there live. If they didn't, they (AEW talent) wouldn't have given the aforementioned cricket treatment to a casual fan such as myself. You also assume incorrectly that I'm a WWE apologist. I'm not. I just can't take hypocrites and liars and that's what AEW is.

So you won't get on here and talk about AEW? Because if you do, I'll be right here correcting your misinformation. If you don't want me to do that, then you'll have to "bite your tongue".

Now go ahead and tell me your "secret" in a PM. I'm truly interested in this .

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I missed this in my last reply to you, but did you see in one of my posts explaining to you why I didn't buy tickets? As usual, you glossed over it. The reason I didn't buy tickets to Philly or Boston was because I was freaking working and didn't have access to a computer to buy them!!!!! So once again your reply to me is just wrong. I'm sure you'll point out about buying them on my phone. Same reason I didn't have access to a computer. My job doesn't allow phones in the work area and I was working when tickets went on sale. So I wasn't "willing to wait it out", because I was unable to "wait it out".

I swear, it's like you're lying about wanting a 2nd major company in AEW. It's obvious you want the WWE to go away....yesterday.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I missed this in my last reply to you, but did you see in one of my posts explaining to you why I didn't buy tickets? As usual, you glossed over it. The reason I didn't buy tickets to Philly or Boston was because I was freaking working and didn't have access to a computer to buy them!!!!! So once again your reply to me is just wrong. I'm sure you'll point out about buying them on my phone. Same reason I didn't have access to a computer. My job doesn't allow phones in the work area and I was working when tickets went on sale. So I wasn't "willing to wait it out", because I was unable to "wait it out".

I swear, it's like you're lying about wanting a 2nd major company in AEW. It's obvious you want the WWE to go away....yesterday.

I do remember that but 20 posts ago the discussion shifted from you not having the ability to buy tickets (understandable) to the angry mob on twitter who were trying to buy them when they initially went onsale. Those people still had the option in Philly.

Hopefully the AEW corporate office offers a Press Release apologizing for having a ticket sale date that conflicted with your work hours? I'm at a loss for words at this point.

If this is trolling you're amazing at it. Keep up the good work.

If you're serious here it's one of the most bizarre arguments I've ever encountered on the internet, here or elsewhere.

I can't keep going back and forth on this. Enjoy NXT Wednesday's this fall and good luck getting tickets next time AEW is in New England.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember that but 20 posts ago the discussion shifted from you not having the ability to buy tickets (understandable) to the angry mob on twitter who were trying to buy them when they initially went onsale. Those people still had the option in Philly.

Hopefully the AEW corporate office offers a Press Release apologizing for having a ticket sale date that conflicted with your work hours? I'm at a loss for words at this point.

If this is trolling you're amazing at it. Keep up the good work.

If you're serious here it's one of the most bizarre arguments I've ever encountered on the internet, here or elsewhere.

I can't keep going back and forth on this. Enjoy NXT Wednesday's this fall and good luck getting tickets next time AEW is in New England.

I'm using this post to mention that I saw AEW's next PPV in November is going on sale this Friday...at Noon for some reason. I mention this because, and stop me if you heard this before, I'm working on Friday and won't be able to purchase tickets. It'll be long sold out by the time I get home. :sigh:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm using this post to mention that I saw AEW's next PPV in November is going on sale this Friday...at Noon for some reason. I mention this because, and stop me if you heard this before, I'm working on Friday and won't be able to purchase tickets. It'll be long sold out by the time I get home. :sigh:

They adjusted the prices to demand. $300 for the best seats and other pricing tiers at $120, $90 and $75. Thats before sevice charges. I don't expect this one to be a quick sellout . My guess is you'll have a shot later in the day this time. I'm passing on this one with the higher ticket prices and longer drive.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They adjusted the prices to demand. $300 for the best seats and other pricing tiers at $120, $90 and $75. Thats before sevice charges. I don't expect this one to be a quick sellout . My guess is you'll have a shot later in the day this time. I'm passing on this one with the higher ticket prices and longer drive.

Where are you seeing the prices? I looked and so far I haven't found the info.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like you were right, as there were tickets still available as of last night. Which begs the question...since they didn't quickly sell this show out, how much do you think they'll "dial back" the ticket prices for their next PPV?

I don't know what the prices were for All Out, but do you think AEW will reduce prices to that level? Or if this show was lower than All Out, do you think they'll go lower than that for the next PPV?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like you were right, as there were tickets still available as of last night. Which begs the question...since they didn't quickly sell this show out, how much do you think they'll "dial back" the ticket prices for their next PPV?

I don't know what the prices were for All Out, but do you think AEW will reduce prices to that level? Or if this show was lower than All Out, do you think they'll go lower than that for the next PPV?

They're probably happy with the sales. The venue is 70 percent sold and they have another 9 weeks to go with 5 of those including national tv exposure too. With the build for Cody/Jericho and Moxley/Omega it probably sells out or gets close enough that it doesn't matter.

The quick sellouts were probably a good thing as far as hyping the brand but at this point they want to make as much money as possible on ticket sales.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't breathe.....

WWEFAN1985

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can all see by my username being a WWE fan since the attitude era I’m more likely to watch NXT then AEW but that being said I’ll still watch both. My only concern is with NXT will it be more of a developmental show like it is/was on the WWE Network or more like a regular show like Raw/SD Live? Keep in mind I only saw 1 or 2 NXT shows when I use to have the WWE Network a few yrs back.