• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weather will be a factor in Seattle

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Seattle fanbase sucks. I just think some could stand to be a little more humble.

Humble about what?

Being in the playoff's? sorry this city has longed to go to the playoff's and win the BIG ONE for some time and the players go out there and give it their all on this team there is nothing to be humble about and we will beat our chest after all we have been through and will enjoy it as long as this window lasts so get used to it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Seattle fanbase sucks. I just think some could stand to be a little more humble.

Yea ... after losing to Arizona at home. I would be in the restrained jubilation crowd.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ... after losing to Arizona at home. I would be in the restrained jubilation crowd.

The Cards were far and away more worthy to be in the playoffs than the Packers.

And restrained hah,you will see.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of us were before that and this is what is funny. Can you find any Seattle fan that has been going off about being a lock to go to the SB? Sure, but those are rare. We are all too used to being built up by our teams going on a roll only to shit the bed when it counts. We all know it can happen and has happened. Real fans who aren't bandwagon jumpers don't have us already penciled in to anything other than this game tomorrow. Sure, we like our chances, but who wouldn't in our shoes?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little FYI

NFL history says that 25 times.... teams have met in the postseason after one of the teams beat the other by 20+ points after facing each other in the regular season.

Teams who were on the losing end of that reg. season match-up....have gone on to win 13 of the postseason re-match games.

So the Saints have a 13/25 chance to win the game according to history.

Playoffs are so unpredictable.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us were before that and this is what is funny. Can you find any Seattle fan that has been going off about being a lock to go to the SB? Sure, but those are rare. We are all too used to being built up by our teams going on a roll only to shit the bed when it counts. We all know it can happen and has happened. Real fans who aren't bandwagon jumpers don't have us already penciled in to anything other than this game tomorrow. Sure, we like our chances, but who wouldn't in our shoes?

Understood. Good luck tomorrow.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humble about what?

Being in the playoff's? sorry this city has longed to go to the playoff's and win the BIG ONE for some time and the players go out there and give it their all on this team there is nothing to be humble about and we will beat our chest after all we have been through and will enjoy it as long as this window lasts so get used to it.

Yup. That sounds about like what most of us are expecting.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. That sounds about like what most of us are expecting.

Well since we are at the beginning of the Russel Wilson era i think you might want to avoid Seattle threads for a few years then if you dislike the 12th man cheering their team on.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since we are at the beginning of the Russel Wilson era i think you might want to avoid Seattle threads for a few years then if you dislike the 12th man cheering their team on.

Who says Russell Wilson will have an 'era'?

Plenty of QB's have started hot only to cool off and/or choke in the post season.

And when you say 12th man, I think Aggies. They started doing it in 1922.

Aggie Traditions - Twelfth Man

The tradition of the Twelfth Man was born on the second of January 1922, when an underdog Aggie team was playing Centre College, then the nation's top ranked team. As the hard fought game wore on, and the Aggies dug deeply into their limited reserves, Coach Dana X. Bible remembered a squad man who was not in uniform. He had been up in the press box helping reporters identify players. His name was E. King Gill, and was a former football player who was only playing basketball. Gill was called from the stands, suited up, and stood ready throughout the rest of the game, which A&M finally won 22-14. When the game ended, E. King Gill was the only man left standing on the sidelines for the Aggies. Gill later said, "I wish I could say that I went in and ran for the winning touchdown, but I did not. I simply stood by in case my team needed me."

The 12th man was also noticeably absent in SB XL when it was black and gold and Terrible Towels all over the stadium. I think I saw 2 people in Seahawks jersey's.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do also tell our own base don't bank on anything outside of this year. Ask Marino who made it to a SB early on in his career if he and his teammates thought it was a slam dunk they would go to more? Didn't work out so well for them did it?

You can't look past the next game. Ever. Seattle has been on a role and we should like our chances, but anything outside of this game is a crap shoot.

We do have a talented young team with some great pieces, but it takes a lot going right to make a deep playoff run and nothing past this year is guaranteed in any way.

Bet the Falcons liked their chances of a followup run this year. So did the Ravens. GB probably thought they would do well. Injuries happen and things change.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the NFL network, Brees is 0-5 in the rain. 100% chance of rain doesn't sound good for the Saints.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do also tell our own base don't bank on anything outside of this year. Ask Marino who made it to a SB early on in his career if he and his teammates thought it was a slam dunk they would go to more? Didn't work out so well for them did it?

You can't look past the next game. Ever. Seattle has been on a role and we should like our chances, but anything outside of this game is a crap shoot.

We do have a talented young team with some great pieces, but it takes a lot going right to make a deep playoff run and nothing past this year is guaranteed in any way.

Bet the Falcons liked their chances of a followup run this year. So did the Ravens. GB probably thought they would do well. Injuries happen and things change.

While I agree your chances of winning this week are solid, it's not certain.

One never knows what's going to happen in the post season. Did anyone have the Chargers picked to beat the Bengals last week? Not many. Any have the Colts picked to beat the Chiefs? Not many. Saints to beat the Eagles? Not many.

Hell, even last year the Redskins looked like they would own the Seahawks...then RGIII got injured and that was that.

Add to that the conditions...slick ball, and the winds....anything could happen. I have you guys picked to win but you never know.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree your chances of winning this week are solid, it's not certain.

One never knows what's going to happen in the post season. Did anyone have the Chargers picked to beat the Bengals last week? Not many. Any have the Colts picked to beat the Chiefs? Not many. Saints to beat the Eagles? Not many.

Hell, even last year the Redskins looked like they would own the Seahawks...then RGIII got injured and that was that.

Add to that the conditions...slick ball, and the winds....anything could happen. I have you guys picked to win but you never know.
And that's exactly what I've been saying. I just don't get why others don't see that. :noidea:

I like our chances tomorrow, but it is far from a slam dunk. Period. Been saying that for days, weeks, all year really. Can't make it any more clear. Not only me, but many of our base.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12th man was also noticeably absent in SB XL when it was black and gold and Terrible Towels all over the stadium. I think I saw 2 people in Seahawks jersey's.

Making up stuff on the net is dumb because that can very easily be disproved.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says Russell Wilson will have an 'era'?

Plenty of QB's have started hot only to cool off and/or choke in the post season.

And when you say 12th man, I think Aggies. They started doing it in 1922.

Aggie Traditions - Twelfth Man

The tradition of the Twelfth Man was born on the second of January 1922, when an underdog Aggie team was playing Centre College, then the nation's top ranked team. As the hard fought game wore on, and the Aggies dug deeply into their limited reserves, Coach Dana X. Bible remembered a squad man who was not in uniform. He had been up in the press box helping reporters identify players. His name was E. King Gill, and was a former football player who was only playing basketball. Gill was called from the stands, suited up, and stood ready throughout the rest of the game, which A&M finally won 22-14. When the game ended, E. King Gill was the only man left standing on the sidelines for the Aggies. Gill later said, "I wish I could say that I went in and ran for the winning touchdown, but I did not. I simply stood by in case my team needed me."

You are starting to sound more and more like a dick weed. No sweat.
Regarding those towels, they were handed out freely at the game. When asked about Seahawk towels, we were told they didn't arrive. Again, no sweat. Enjoy the asterisk SB and be sure to hoot to all what a huge influence you were in your teams quest.:lame:
You talk about respect, but get none from this old cat.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're now calling wind gusts up to 40mph with high chance of rain for the game.

The dome boys better bring their snuggies.

Saints8825.jpg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as a reminder, the Saints did go to Philly and keep the #1 rusher to 77 yards, and at the same time kept the hottest QB in the league in check. That was a huge road win and are now kinda playing with house money.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as a reminder, the Saints did go to Philly and keep the #1 rusher to 77 yards, and at the same time kept the hottest QB in the league in check. That was a huge road win and are now kinda playing with house money.
So it could be argued that they're due for a let down :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on all of that. Further, Seattle has had issues with it's line and running game over the last month. There are lots of places you can look to find reasons why the Saints could win this game. That's why we may say we like our chances, but aren't looking past this game and neither is the team.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh when I see this from anyone, and mind you Seahawk fans used to say the same thing about fas of other teams on a roll. I'm not sur what people expect of our base, but I've never seen fans of any team that is doing well not have some over the top statements about their team.

Imagine the worst bunch of jackasses you could imagine, then laugh at yourself for having such a small imagination. That was Hawks fans early in the season here. No joke.