• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weather will be a factor in Seattle

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meanwhile, in New Orleans:

BdktoWWIcAEGlI1.jpg

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire 12th man thing combined with a stadium that makes the crowd sound a lot louder than they actually are is a pretty clever marketing gimmick. I kind of cringe when I hear people reference the 12th man because it's kind of lame, but it seems like it's effective with the local yokels.

Do you ever have anything différent to say? Seriously, its always the same shit. We get it, you think we're à joke. Now go Fuck yourself.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever have anything différent to say? Seriously, its always the same shit. We get it, you think we're à joke. Now go Fuck yourself.

will do. yay Hawk fans

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire 12th man thing combined with a stadium that makes the crowd sound a lot louder than they actually are is a pretty clever marketing gimmick. I kind of cringe when I hear people reference the 12th man because it's kind of lame, but it seems like it's effective with the local yokels.

And we pump in sound too right?

tumblr_inline_mtvus6TGRC1r01qr7.gif

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya well, gimmick or not it's crazy in person. Once you get immersed in the 12th man culture in Seattle it's really tangible, you can feel it. That city (and I'm not from there) is electric. One of the greatest experiences of my life was watching a Hawk game at the Clink and being part of the 12th man. Even some Niner fans that were there were duly impressed and had a great time in that atmosphere......until the game started. lol.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya well, gimmick or not it's crazy in person. Once you get immersed in the 12th man culture in Seattle it's really tangible, you can feel it. That city (and I'm not from there) is electric. One of the greatest experiences of my life was watching a Hawk game at the Clink and being part of the 12th man. Even some Niner fans that were there were duly impressed and had a great time in that atmosphere......until the game started. lol.

Those that have not been to a game here just don't know because it is different,even more so since Carroll took over.

Plus we love this stadium,i mean really love it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember going to the first pre season game of the stadium,wow everyone had big grins on their faces from ear to ear,plus Paul Allen pitched in for half of it.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meanwhile, in Green Bay, people have no one to root for.

:laugh3:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying and agree with your premise that statistically speaking this game should favor the Seahawks even more than say a neutral weather game. All statistics though seem to have those few minor anomalies. They are not enough to throw off the numbers over a long set of testing like I said 9 times out of 10 the results end in the way that you would expect. That 1 out of 10 though that it doesn't can't completely be ignored.

Throw in there are other statistics that do support the Saints winning this game such as 6 seeds since 2005 have a 5-2 or 6-2 record (can't quite remember) against #1 seeds. This has me a little worried for the Bronco game as well but my guess is by the end of the weekend that record will be 6-4 with both 1 seeds advancing. Crazier things though have happened so we shall see.

Also on the turnovers just look at the last game between the Saints and Seahawks. When the game was still 0-0 and Lynch (that guy that never fumbles) fumbles the ball but is recovered by Seattle. What happens if say New Orleans recovers that? Throw in then Saints next series Seattle forces a turnover and takes it to the house. Then on Seattle's next possession the Saints had an interception only to see the guy hit the ground and have the ball bounce off his body. Say this week the Saints players don't drop those balls or the bounce goes their way on a fumble. Turnovers allowed the Seahawks to really open up that first game where just as easy all those turnovers could have gone the Saints way and that game is a completely different game.

And as I said all I'm doing in quantifying that difference. I've said clearly it doesn't mean Seattle WILL win. Even if you only gave the Saints a .01% chance of winning it means they can and might win tomorrow. I have said fairly clearly I expect a closer game, but then I said the Saints would win that first meeting and clearly was wrong. None of us knows the outcome.

It doesn't matter who is impacted more. What matters is the fucking score. If you are losing by less, you have a better chance for one fluke play and the win.

Use logic
I am using logic while you are using platitudes and anger as a substitute.

These are all just opinions. There is no need to get all butt hurt over it.

I believe that the overall potential impact for the Saints to have unusual problems is greater than Seattle's and that this difference has a greater potential to have an effect on the final score than the overall idea that it may be a lower scoring game with those conditions. You feel the opposite. Why fight over it?

You can say all you want that it is some kind of slam dunk to you, but I say if we agree that both sides are likely to have more turnovers that both sides are also then likely to get more cheap points off of them. Fair enough? So what is the likelihood of that giving the Seahawks more benefit from that than the potential for a last second win due to low score is? To me I think the turnovers are a higher probability, but I have no problem with you seeing it differently. Can't we just leave it at that without the cussing?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i prefer rooting for the home team. Hawks fans caused me to dislike the Hawks early in the season because they were acting like a bunch of jackasses, but i haven't seen them acting like that since

I have to laugh when I see this from anyone, and mind you Seahawk fans used to say the same thing about fans of other teams on a roll. I'm not sure what people expect of our base, but I've never seen fans of any team that is doing well not have some over the top statements about their team.

I laugh at all of the Saints fans who have been crying that they aren't getting any respect. The Seahawk fans used to say the exact same thing when they were the perennial underdogs and I told them they were being pussies when I saw that too.

This notion that you aren't allowed to thump your chests about anything going on in THIS season unless at some point in time, even before you were born, your team won it all is about as dumb of a position as I've ever seen debated on any topic. I mean it is so well used you'd think it was written in stone tablets high up on a mountain top, but that doesn't make it have any more sense.

Fans following any team that is doing well will be over the top with it. Period. There will be those who are still cautious and those (mostly recent bandwagon jumpers that every team on a roll gets) that say stupid things in public.

And fans following a team that is an underdog often cry foul at the audacity of any other fans not giving their team what they feel is their just credit.

I've said this to fans of Seattle as well, but all you have to do is win and the rest sorts itself out. Don't like the Seahawks fans while they are winning? Knock them out of the playoffs and those bandwagon jumpers will go right back from where they came. Easy as that.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little FYI

NFL history says that 25 times.... teams have met in the postseason after one of the teams beat the other by 20+ points after facing each other in the regular season.

Teams who were on the losing end of that reg. season match-up....have gone on to win 13 of the postseason re-match games.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh when I see this from anyone, and mind you Seahawk fans used to say the same thing about fans of other teams on a roll. I'm not sure what people expect of our base, but I've never seen fans of any team that is doing well not have some over the top statements about their team.

I laugh at all of the Saints fans who have been crying that they aren't getting any respect. The Seahawk fans used to say the exact same thing when they were the perennial underdogs and I told them they were being pussies when I saw that too.

This notion that you aren't allowed to thump your chests about anything going on in THIS season unless at some point in time, even before you were born, your team won it all is about as dumb of a position as I've ever seen debated on any topic. I mean it is so well used you'd think it was written in stone tablets high up on a mountain top, but that doesn't make it have any more sense.

Fans following any team that is doing well will be over the top with it. Period. There will be those who are still cautious and those (mostly recent bandwagon jumpers that every team on a roll gets) that say stupid things in public.

And fans following a team that is an underdog often cry foul at the audacity of any other fans not giving their team what they feel is their just credit.

I've said this to fans of Seattle as well, but all you have to do is win and the rest sorts itself out. Don't like the Seahawks fans while they are winning? Knock them out of the playoffs and those bandwagon jumpers will go right back from where they came. Easy as that.

About as dumb as the opposite, which is you can't brag about anything your team has done in the past. It's all about THIS year. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as dumb as the opposite, which is you can't brag about anything your team has done in the past. It's all about THIS year. :suds:

Wouldn't argue against that, but yet everyone has done both haven't they? I find either to be the argument used when you have nothing real to add to a topic. It's the last dart in your case.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, you shouldn't brag about anything where your biggest contribution is drinking a beer while watching other people do something. And regarding the post that you quoted, I must be missing the numerous chest thumping threads posted by fans of the other good teams this year.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny thing though most Hawk fan's were alive before they even came about but many SB winner teams fans were not even a shine in their fathers eye when they won a SB.

Fact is some teams have been around twice as long as the Hawks have even existed,people who post rings SB trophy's never even saw most of them let alone most likely don't even know who played on the team then.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers or God forbid the Stealers were in the playoff's today do you think I would be shitting all over them here on a thread?

No i wouldn't,i may cheer for some opponent or for the Packers let's say but i would not be here typing away that their fanbase sucks etc.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you shouldn't brag about anything where your biggest contribution is drinking a beer while watching other people do something. And regarding the post that you quoted, I must be missing the numerous chest thumping threads posted by fans of the other good teams this year.
Right, because this site is the only one on the interwebz that fans talk on isn't it? :rollseyes:

Do I really have to go find places where even your own fans have been crowing during this season when they had little to crow about?

It happens to every team. It happens more to teams at the top of the game. What a shock.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers or God forbid the Stealers were in the playoff's today do you think I would be shitting all over them here on a thread?

No i wouldn't,i may cheer for some opponent or for the Packers let's say but i would not be here typing away that their fanbase sucks etc.

I don't think the Seattle fanbase sucks. I just think some could stand to be a little more humble.