• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weather for the game

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it is supposed to be a pretty nice day at least compared to last year's game. Weather right now is supposed to be 45 and cloudy with less than a 10 mph wind. Guess we won't have those pesky "Peyton can't play in the bad weather" discussion answered this week.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of hoping all that crap would stop after he put up 397 and 4 TD's against Tennessee, but I'm sure it won't. Oh well....hopefully he'll just shred the SD secondary in pleasant conditions on Sunday, I guess :nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of hoping all that crap would stop after he put up 397 and 4 TD's against Tennessee, but I'm sure it won't. Oh well....hopefully he'll just shred the SD secondary in pleasant conditions on Sunday, I guess :nod:

I think unless he wins like 2 Super Bowls in blizzards that story line will not go away. You would think after a game like that and the fact that his last 10 games in cold weather have been phenomenal individually performing it would go away but people just can't forget about the first 8 years of his career where he did struggle in those games some.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes, all arguments aside, you do realize just how prevalent that belief is, right?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's forgetting Foxborough this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes, all arguments aside, you do realize just how prevalent that belief is, right?

NEhomer you really can't let anything go can you? Also how stupid is it for you to say "All arguments aside" knowing full well that what you are wanting is an argument. That is like saying "I don't mean to criticize but" well if you don't mean to criticize then just don't say what you are going to say.

Now we have gone over this with you over and over again how misleading that idea of Peyton in bad weather really is but just not going to go through that again presenting you with information while you just say "But the media says it is true so it must be true."

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think unless he wins like 2 Super Bowls in blizzards that story line will not go away. You would think after a game like that and the fact that his last 10 games in cold weather have been phenomenal individually performing it would go away but people just can't forget about the first 8 years of his career where he did struggle in those games some.

Jesus....when you say it like that, it really goes to show how hard pressed the press can be for story.

:laugh3:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may be prevelant. It may be relevant.

I think what cd said above about his perfomance in his last 10 cold weather games should've put that shit to rest by now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trust me Homer, we're all aware of how prevalent that belief is. It's why it can be a touchy subject, since data exists that disputes some of that claim. The press and fans of opposing teams bring this up ad naseum. I would offer up that cold, snowy and/or windy conditions can have an adverse effect on any team or player.

It's my personal opinion that Peyton Manning's lesser cold-weather track record (more in the past than the present) could more easily be pinned on the fact that he was playing on the road and going up against great playoff teams. Certainly just my opinion.

I don't believe that the Broncos, the Broncos coaches or Peyton Manning are fearful of bad weather games any more than any other team is.

Sunday should be a tough game with the Chargers. I still see the Broncos coming out on the winning side though, regardless of weather. Go Broncos!

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus....when you say it like that, it really goes to show how hard pressed the press can be for story.

:laugh3:

Oh I remember earlier in the year the media tried to make an argument for us losing to Jacksonville. I think Mark Brunnell had said something like he didn't think the Broncos would cover the spread for the game and next thing you knew the media latched onto that and though Brunnell had said that Jacksonville would win the game and how they thought the Broncos wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of such a sure game that they should win.

The media is incredible at making a mountain out of a mole hill or however that saying goes.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I remember earlier in the year the media tried to make an argument for us losing to Jacksonville. I think Mark Brunnell had said something like he didn't think the Broncos would cover the spread for the game and next thing you knew the media latched onto that and though Brunnell had said that Jacksonville would win the game and how they thought the Broncos wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of such a sure game that they should win.

The media is incredible at making a mountain out of a mole hill or however that saying goes.

LOL....good call. I definitely remember that. The spread on that was 28 points if memory serves me right. If I were a betting man, even I would've taken Jax + the points on that one.

Would've won money too :lol:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers gets to play in the same weather, right?