• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Suck!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, there's no way Ertz gets dealt for a #1. If the Eagles can find anyone crazy enough to make that offer, they should do it in a heartbeat.

He's not old, and could play for at least 5 more years. A SB contender would gladly give up a 1 for Ertz, believe me.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not old, and could play for at least 5 more years. A SB contender would gladly give up a 1 for Ertz, believe me.

There you go. No, I believe that a 1st isn’t being given up for Ertz, top 3 TE or not. It’s just not. Nor should we take it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Josh Gordon gets cut by the Pastriots, would you want him? I say yes, if only for this year to help us have a stud WR with speed, and great tools, like catching the ball.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Josh Gordon gets cut by the Pastriots, would you want him? I say yes, if only for this year to help us have a stud WR with speed, and great tools, like catching the ball.

How could he help this team this year from IR?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon imo hasn't looked anywhere near as good as he did a few years back. Looks much slower.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is, it won't be long. The question is would you want him this year?

Shit....that’s what I get for just scanning a headline. Good man!

As an overall answer....yes....I still would very much like Josh Gordon in Eagle green. I’m not sure what happened in New England, but I would be interested to find out. Especially since word is he will be released since the Pats have some cap issues.

Now, what will happen is he will go into waivers. While we are higher up on a waiver list than we all would like the Eagles to be I don’t know that he gets to use as there should be about half the league ahead of us. Still....they should absolutely put in a claim.

I don’t think he could make all the difference in the world this year (I see lots of holes in this team) but I would prefer to get him in house now and see what’s there, rather than play FA frenzy this coming offseason.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon imo hasn't looked anywhere near as good as he did a few years back. Looks much slower.

Still, he would be better than the trash we are seeing now. Howie should have jumped on sanders - everybody said so. Howie had better listen to his scouts when making draft picks. He shouldn't the final word on the picks. Look at his history. I'm very disappointed. That's why he is always looking to sign free agents.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, he would be better than the trash we are seeing now. Howie should have jumped on sanders - everybody said so. Howie had better listen to his scouts when making draft picks. He shouldn't the final word on the picks. Look at his history. I'm very disappointed. That's why he is always looking to sign free agents.

Totally respect your feels here. This has been very disappointing. And it falls as much in Howie as anyone.

However, Looking into every free agent or possible trade is not bad. It’s what good GMs do. Now, signing too many (like if Dan Snyder was your owner) would be bad.

If anything Howie can be too shrewd and conservative at times. I often see it like a poker player. The draft picks and players on roster are chips. Your only going to be willing to toss as much chips in based on how you feel about the hand you have, and how you feel the others at the table might view their hands. Not a perfect analogy, but my point is that Howie is playing a long game. He’s not going to wager too much on one hand (season) unless he feels good about cleaning house and taking the pot, as we did in 2017.

And if we are honest.....2017 was the right time to push chips forward. 2018 and 2019 look nothing like that.

It’s frustrating. But we are no where near one player away. If anything right now Howie should be putting the phone down and filling out at least one pink slip. But it looks like they might just try to play this out to the bye without any firings. I would disagree with this move as I believe it’s just stalling the inevitable.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a pivotal week for the Eagles. If we beat Buffalo ... I think we'll see a few moves to try and improve the team "now". If we lose to Buffalo, I think we'll actually be sellers ... a guy like Big V has been talked about as a possible trade (likely for a 4th).

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a pivotal week for the Eagles. If we beat Buffalo ... I think we'll see a few moves to try and improve the team "now". If we lose to Buffalo, I think we'll actually be sellers ... a guy like Big V has been talked about as a possible trade (likely for a 4th).

I dont know....I would almost rather be more seller than buyer at this point, win or lose this weekend.

Listening to a really good podcast from BGN this morning...for anyone that pods....Kist and Solak can be a very informative listen. They had a really good breakdown of the abomination last Sunday night was. Some things that stuck out:

* 27th ranked tackling team according to PFF. No one is tackling well.
* When you need 4 yards and you are going to run for it (3rd and 4, early 2nd Q) why would you ever have Sanders run it over Howard?

It has generally been my experience that when you have an entire unit lacking in a basic skill it can generally be a sign of some kind of malcontent. Combine that with that play in the 3rd where the D was gassed and looking for the TO and Barnett had to fall over to get it. Yes, there is specific talent and scheme problems with parts of the defense.....but there is something even worse going on.

Apparently....on that 3rd and 4 run the O line all pulled in right, and even Dillard made an adjustment to his assignment to seal his guy up. Sanders did not make any adjustment to his run (long story short....run was for A gap, Cowboys response closed it, but Dillards adjustment open the B gap.....Sanders stuck to the A gap).

My long winded point (because I cannot do anything succinct)......we have some major problems that need to be addressed at least before Sept, 2020. If we can go get a piece that will be around next season great. But why spend any capital for someone that most likely will not be here next year? I just dont see one, or even two moves making a difference with the problems I see.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know....I would almost rather be more seller than buyer at this point, win or lose this weekend.

I agree with this and all of your points.

We need to get younger, and need to do it quickly.

Saw an article that the Colts should trade for Nelson Agholor, I would do that in a second.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather keep Big V, v.s a 4th. And, if we can't re-sign him, let him leave as a free agent, and get a comp pick. Good backups are worth a lot.