• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need to keep Swaggy P

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Swaggy P stay a Laker. Hopefully he and the Lakers can reach a deal that is fair to him, but keeps the Lakers financial flexibility to add more pieces.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when people were saying Kobe was being too mean to Nick Young? So much for that noise.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the guys unsigned, I'd like to see Meeks, Swaggy, Farmar, Bazemore, and Henry back. Wes Johnson is going to be a coaches choice.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No surprise. He's been wanting a long term deal for a couple of years now but has been unable to get one because he's (rightly) earned a reputation as a knucklehead. While he can score, he's often inefficient, prone to recklessness, and often breaks the offense to do his own thing. I've watched him a lot over his career being that the Wizards games are broadcast in my area and he isn't really all that much different now than he was then. I'm mostly convinced his uptick in stats has more to do with D'Antoni system (stats get inflated under him) than anything else. I'd be very cautious giving him a long term deal for significant cash. He has all the makings of a bad contract. Questionable character, puts up good numbers in a contract year (on a bad team no less), gets paid and totally checks out. Plus, I'm not convinced he even cares about the Lakers as much as some thinks he does. I think he cares way more about LA the city than the team. He loves the lifestyle, he can hang with his famous girlfriend in the clubs, etc etc. He's a high risk.