• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need to keep Swaggy P

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree WildTurkey, Meeks is a championship caliber player. He works on the things he doesn't do well and he gives 100% every game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DimesD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young will easily get at least 3.5 mil x 3 years from several teams next year. His contract with Phillie was for 5 mil. Wasn't like he sucked, just wasn't a 5 mil player. I'd guess some teams did offer him 3 mil last summer, but not places where he's comfortable enuf to go.
For 10-12 mil/3yrs. Lakers should step up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe_Lite has become just like Kobe. Taking the big shots at the end of games when they are on the line. He will be a keeper and a pay raise for sure.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been saying for some years on CBS that we needed a ball handler off the bench, as that was LO's job before he went AWOL. I like Nick Young, he can be erratic, but he doesn't mind creating his own offense and taking the shot. I think Xavier Henry needs to stay as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course now Ryan Kelly and Kendall Marshall are improving daily. Keepers as well. Wesley Johnson is somewhat sporadic. It will be interesting to see how the present players adjust to all of the injury-returnees in the next couple of weeks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good posts on the potential keepers.

How do these sound so far:

Keepers:

Kobe - Duh!!
Farmar - Before he got hurt we were starting to see positive signs of a Steve Nash influence on his game.
Blake - D'Antoni's offense seems a good fit for him and he was looking like the Steve Blake that I hated when he was in Portland because he seemed to always kill the Lakers.
Swaggy P - Kobe-Lite brings the energy and instant offense off of the bench that this team hasn't had in awhile.
Wes Johnson - Love his athleticism. If he keeps working and improving, he could play a Shawn Marion role.
Xavier - I like his athleticism and aggressiveness, needs to work on his consistency.
Kelly - Now that he's seeing playing time, he's looking good. Could be a very good back-up to Kevin Love or even play that role if the Lakers don't get Love.
Hill - I love his energy and defense. If he can develop his offensive game, he could be really good in D'Antoni's offense. His athleticism makes him a tough matchup for most bigs.
Meeks - Big improvement over last season. Has become a knockdown shooter from 3.

On the bubble:

Pau - On the one hand, he is the Lakers most tradeable commodity and his value will increase as he continues to play well and the trade deadline gets closer. He also could be a keeper on a 2 year, sub $10 million per year deal.
Marshall - more a numbers game than anything. I like his passing and command of the offense, but I have concerns about his quickness and athleticism. He's a keeper if the Lakers want 3 PG's.
Sacre - I like his energy and athleticism, he just seems a bit limited and I question how high his ceiling is. Maybe a keeper as an end of the bench guy who can fill in for injured players.
Harris - Possible keeper. Looks good so far. Sample size is too small.
Nash - I love the guy, but he's likely done. Looks like he'll be back in a week or so. If he somehow is back to where he was, he might be worth keeping. Most likely scenario though, seems to be medical retirement or a trade to Toronto.
Kaman - Looks pretty good when he gets time, but is he odd man out when the other bigs are healthy and playing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacre is on the books for next season too. Playing quite well with Pau out the last couple of games.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, except for the return of Shawne Williams due to injury, maybe the retirement of Nash, and Pau being gone, I'd like the entire roster to return along with Manny Harris and a number one draft pick perhaps Embiid.

We have talent, youth, athleticism, and a whole host of three-ball sharp shooters. We need to learn to play defense which is beginning to be realized as of last night and we don't need to chase after some FA and a max contract when we have guys right now who can play.

I think we will get better with the remaining games and with the return of Kobe, I think this team is way better going into next year.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, except for the return of Shawne Williams due to injury, maybe the retirement of Nash, and Pau being gone, I'd like the entire roster to return along with Manny Harris and a number one draft pick perhaps Embiid.

We have talent, youth, athleticism, and a whole host of three-ball sharp shooters. We need to learn to play defense which is beginning to be realized as of last night and we don't need to chase after some FA and a max contract when we have guys right now who can play.

I think we will get better with the remaining games and with the return of Kobe, I think this team is way better going into next year.

Yea :agree: I had been thinking the same about this team for a while now, next season they should all comeback & play together since they will have this season under their belt, If you totally blow up team you could have the same situation as this season bringing in a whole new roster that doesn't know each other yet & suck real bad their 1st season together.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaman won't be coming back, That's almost for certain. And with the emergence of Marshall I see Blake leaving us too next year purely because of his age. Would love to have Meeks and Johnson back too if we can get them on a similar deal they're getting this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash is going to be gone for medical reasons. He can't stay healthy. I see Kaman leaving because of Don'tknowi and Blake may or may not come back. Everybody else will probably return and we should start that process ASAP.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more game played for Nash and I think he is no longer eligible for medical retirement. Forget having his salary come off the books for next season. It will be interesting to see whether they stretch him or just bite the bullet on his last season.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Nash will be active Tuesday, so looks like Lakers will be on the hook for Nash's salary next season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He indicated that he's willing to take another discount. It won't be a bargain deal like this season's, but they should be able to get him for under market value. Depending on what that market value is, I would like to see him back if it fits the plan of the front office. I think Swaggy could continue to thrive in that 6th man roll. Our Microwave.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one positive things I got from this season is that we have a solid bench (when healthy of course). Even during our last few championship runs we've had a low scoring, questionable second unit.

If we can keep Young, Farmar and maybe Xavier and add a great starting unit, we're golden!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We have solid role players just not the stars to lead them. Add Meeks, Kelly, and Bazemore to that list.

I'm disappointed with Johnson. I think he blew an opportunity here. He has such a great basketball body but just doesn't seem to have the desire to be great. He's too inconsistent and doesn't appear to work much on his game. I don't think he has an aggressive bone in his body. Frustrates me when he tries layups instead of dunking on people.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson was exciting to watch at the start of the season but it's been downhill ever since.