• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We lost a Stellar SportsHoopla Regular

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you have not heard or been over on the General SportsHoopla Forum, a regular poster, staff member, and Mod known as Robotic Dreams (had a big White Albino Tiger for an Avi) was killed this past Saturday in Texas. He was a Lakers and Niners fan and I think USC fan. He was just 41 years old. If you want to read up on it, there is a thread on the Sportshoopla General Forum with news releases.

He was a straight-forward kind of guy and I had quite a few encounters with him on the Politics and Lakers boards. He was a good man and I always appreciated his no-nonsense approach. I will miss the guy as he was one of us.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to read that Retro...It's interesting how sadness can set in when we lose an internet friend we have never met and probably never would have met. A few here may remember Cobraman STL from the espn board. I think it's been over 3 years now since he passed and I still miss reading his words. He was a late night poster like myself so we interacted often. It's like a loss of a friend. :rolleyes2:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it is ALR. A testament to the Human Spirit's connectedness.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear this! ...I have had conversations with him.

Wow, I guess that its pretty uncommon that we even find out that someone passes. Unless the poster has a close friend that is a member. Or in Cobras case, he had cancer(terminal) where he was still able to post until his last few days. This was pretty sad because he(Cobra) was letting us all know he was getting worse. Then I believe another member let the whole board know that he finally died.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that is sad to hear, even though many of us have never met each other the sports world is what brings us all together. It's almost like a brother hood for the most part, we may bicker and argue and have disagreements but in the end its like we are a big family. I didn't know him but I'm sadden by the loss. RIP to him.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear this! ...I have had conversations with him.

Wow, I guess that its pretty uncommon that we even find out that someone passes. Unless the poster has a close friend that is a member. Or in Cobras case, he had cancer(terminal) where he was still able to post until his last few days. This was pretty sad because he(Cobra) was letting us all know he was getting worse. Then I believe another member let the whole board know that he finally died.

Not positive, but I believe it was Mikey(forgot his whole screen name) who let us know. Was a sad day for sure...