• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Warriors have avoided key and huge injuries the past 3 years. They continue to beat unhealthy teams, it isnt their fault but there is always luck involved with that sort of thing. Who knows what happens two years ago if teams were healthy. Who know what happens if Kawhi is healthy, I would venture to say it would be a long series anc I would take the Spurs to win. Lucky is definitely the word but doesnt need to be used as an excuse.

Really?

The Warriors avoided injuries last year? Are we really saying that now?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard out again? Well they didn't have a shot at the warrior anyways but he should have at least tried and go this game. THIS is their season essentially.

If Spurs pick up CP3 it may be their time though. They are a piece away still. At least to get by GS. I think they can beat the Cavs without that extra piece. But they will never get by the Warriors without someone like CP3 joining them

First off, we don't know how bad Kawhi's ankle is. Dude is a warrior. If he could go, he would.

Besides. This decision was probably made by Pop and Spurs' brass. They know they do not have enough to beat the Warriors 4 out of 5 with Kawhi at less than 100%. Why risk further injury that could impact the rest of his career by having him play at less than full strength?

The Spurs needed everything to go right to win this series. That ship sailed when Kawhi landed on Pachulia's foot. Pop is smart enough to know that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, we don't know how bad Kawhi's ankle is. Dude is a warrior. If he could go, he would.

Besides. This decision was probably made by Pop and Spurs' brass. They know they do not have enough to beat the Warriors 4 out of 5 with Kawhi at less than 100%. Why risk further injury that could impact the rest of his career by having him play at less than full strength?

The Spurs needed everything to go right to win this series. That ship sailed when Kawhi landed on Pachulia's foot. Pop is smart enough to know that.

Agree with this. Grant Hill made a terrible decision first round against the Heat way back in the day when he was playing for the Pistons. He ended up making that injury worst and his career was never the same since.

Pop is thinking long term, not short term - that's his job.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, the Spurs still have their potential advantage in the paint with Gasol and Aldridge. If they can somehow exploit that and being at home enough to steal game 3 today and get Kawhi back close to 100% for game 4, they will be in position to possibly steal the series.

Don't see it happening, but I'd bet that's part of Pop's thinking.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still got the potential matchup issue inside. A series isn't over till its over. Either way, this only helps The warriors of course and HURTS the Cavs as the Warriors will be even more well rested for the finals.

Most were banking on the Warriors/Spurs series going a tight 6 at least. Now it will probably be a sweep. Tough luck for Cleveland. Warriors are gonna have a ton of energy in the tank for the finals

The only hope Cleveland had from the beginning was either:

A. Injuries to key Warrior players
B. A few West teams rough the Warriors up extend the series

Neither have happened

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still got the potential matchup issue inside. A series isn't over till its over. Either way, this only helps The warriors of course and HURTS the Cavs as the Warriors will be even more well rested for the finals.

Most were banking on the Warriors/Spurs series going a tight 6 at least. Now it will probably be a sweep. Tough luck for Cleveland. Warriors are gonna have a ton of energy in the tank for the finals

Neither have happened

It does not hurt the Cavs. It merely places the two teams on equal footing. That is exactly what NBA fans should be rooting for. Round 3 with both teams equally rested and full strength. No excuses.

By the way, I should point out that I did predict a Warrior sweep. Not sure I deserve full credit given how the series has played out, but I am pretty sure I was the only one who made that prediction.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Kawhi is a lot more hurt than we realize... this is a very unconventional move. But that's pop for you, he did the same thing with Duncan one time early in his career.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither have happened

I'm admittingly somewhat biased against the Cavs. Even then, I still think they have a legitimate shot against the Warriors.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not loose sight of the fact that games 3 & 4 are in SA.....and although they'll be w/o Kawhi, the Spurs are gonna be real tough at home. They still have a legit shot at winning both games....albeit a long shot.
You know Pop is gonna preach to his team that tonight's game 3 is a do or die..which it pretty much is.
I'm sure the Dubs are not taking anything for granted.

*Pachulia is out...and Iguodala's status is still uncertain.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Bogut in the finals and Steph not being 100% is avoiding key injuries?

Exactly.. Injuries (plus losing Green for a game) is why the Warriors aren't 2x champs

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Bogut in the finals and Steph not being 100% is avoiding key injuries?

Comparatively speaking, yes.

I get that the Bogut injury was impactful. The only time it really irks me is when it is compared to Kyrie and Love missing the entire series.

As for Curry... maybe my bias is showing... but its really hard for me to give any credence to that when he played his normal minutes throughout the conference Finals and the Finals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparatively speaking, yes.

I get that the Bogut injury was impactful. The only time it really irks me is when it is compared to Kyrie and Love missing the entire series.

As for Curry... maybe my bias is showing... but its really hard for me to give any credence to that when he played his normal minutes throughout the conference Finals and the Finals.

Not making a comparison. Both teams got lucky with regard to injured players/players missing games. The Warriors got lucky 2 years ago when Kyrie and Love were lost for the series.

The Cavs got lucky last year with Bogut being lost, Curry not 100%, Iguadola hurting his back and Dray being an idiot.

Yes, your bias is showing re: Curry. He played his regular minutes, but he was clearly not 100%.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Kawhi is a lot more hurt than we realize... this is a very unconventional move. But that's pop for you, he did the same thing with Duncan one time early in his career.

Yeah, but that's Pop. As others have said, he's not going to risk Kawhi's future over a series his team isn't likely to win anyway. He'll likely never say it, but I'd bet that if this were game 7, Kawhi would be playing.

Or maybe he just thinks the Spurs can be the first team in history to come back from 0-3? :noidea:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what Popovich is hoping for by holding out Leonard one more game and its a gamble but No Parker and no Leonard equals no joy for the Spurs tonight.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs rebound tomorrow night and blow a lazy and over-confident Warrior team out. They then win a closer game 4. Game 5 will decide it; winner of game 5 takes this series. You heard it here.

I swear you are actually retarded. You know you made the post quoted here just ONE DAY before the post right above this one, right? Maybe not though LOL

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear you are actually retarded. You know you made the post quoted here just ONE DAY before the post right above this one, right? Maybe not though LOL
Pre and post Leonard availability news

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre and post Leonard availability news

LOL you're a clown, you were trolling. Like a hobbled Kawhi would lead to your original "prediction" of a Spurs blowout.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what Popovich is hoping for by holding out Leonard one more game and its a gamble but No Parker and no Leonard equals no joy for the Spurs tonight.

I guess Pops knows that. Spurs will push hard for CP3 next year is my guess. Maybe Pops knows this season is lose already? Who knows. If I was Leonard I would push for it though. You STILL got the summer to recover