• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors came this close to trading Klay Thompson for him...the only reason they didn't was Minny asked for Draymond Green ALSO. And even then they almost did it until Jerry West said if you do that deal I'm quitting.

I remember that. Once The Logo put his foot down, the Warriors were out of the running and they were the only other team that was involved. If memory serves, that all happened fairly quickly.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors came this close to trading Klay Thompson for him...the only reason they didn't was Minny asked for Draymond Green ALSO. And even then they almost did it until Jerry West said if you do that deal I'm quitting.

I read the warriors eventually turned down Klay for Love, straight up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that. Once The Logo put his foot down, the Warriors were out of the running and they were the only other team that was involved. If memory serves, that all happened fairly quickly.

You mean to say the Wolves had only one bidder at that point? or lose Love for nothing?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean to say the Wolves had only one bidder at that point? or lose Love for nothing?

Pretty much. It was really weird. Once the Warriors backed out, no one else really stepped up with a trade offer. It might have been because Wiggins was involved and with the ceiling he was predicted to have, there really wasn't anything else that teams were giving up to match it. Especially when they saw what the Wolves demanded from the Warriors.

Plus, if memory serves, Love wasn't willing to sign an extension, so teams would be risking only getting him as a 1 year rental. The Cavs took that risk because they were in "win now" mode the second Lebron agreed to come back and Lebron wanted Love.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. It was really weird. Once the Warriors backed out, no one else really stepped up with a trade offer. It might have been because Wiggins was involved and with the ceiling he was predicted to have, there really wasn't anything else that teams were giving up to match it. Especially when they saw what the Wolves demanded from the Warriors.

Plus, if memory serves, Love wasn't willing to sign an extension, so teams would be risking only getting him as a 1 year rental. The Cavs took that risk because they were in "win now" mode the second Lebron agreed to come back and Lebron wanted Love.

Agreed. but doesn't this also show that Wiggins for Love wasn't exactly as done of a deal as you said earlier?

Sure this idea was widely speculated, but it wasn't really done until it was done.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. but doesn't this also show that Wiggins for Love wasn't exactly as done of a deal as you said earlier?

Sure this idea was widely speculated, but it wasn't really done until it was done.

Not really. It was still only one other suitor who was out of the running fairly quickly.

Obviously, until it was done, it could have always been nixed. If memory serves, Love had a no trade clause, so he could have said "Nah, don't want to go to Cleveland" (at the time, Love going to the Lakers as an FA was seen as almost a "done deal" by several GM's).

But, how likely is it that he would choose to stay in Minny and lose when he could go to Cleveland and have a legit shot at a ring? Especially since he could have left via FA after the first season if he didn't like his experience there.

Looking back on it, it was actually Love who held all of the cards, not the Cavs or Wolves. Perhaps I have underestimated the value of a UCLA education? lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old Celtics of the 60s 8-peated and won 11 of 13 titles

Based on the comments in this thread that should make Russell the de facto GOAT.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs rebound tomorrow night and blow a lazy and over-confident Warrior team out. They then win a closer game 4. Game 5 will decide it; winner of game 5 takes this series. You heard it here.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the comments in this thread that should make Russell the de facto GOAT.
Russell was a star but the brand of ball the entire team played was a thing of beauty.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no "de facto" GOAT. It's unprovable, there are many right answers. That's what makes it fun, all the arguing. If we didn't enjoy it why would we make literally thousands of posts about who it is?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs rebound tomorrow night and blow a lazy and over-confident Warrior team out. They then win a closer game 4. Game 5 will decide it; winner of game 5 takes this series. You heard it here.

Can't wait for your mea culpa if/when you're wrong LOL

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell was a star but the brand of ball the entire team played was a thing of beauty.

Not even half as beautiful as the current Warriors, brah.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no "de facto" GOAT. It's unprovable, there are many right answers. That's what makes it fun, all the arguing. If we didn't enjoy it why would we make literally thousands of posts about who it is?

I was being facetious because everyone is saying (in some form) "just count the rings."

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being facetious because everyone is saying (in some form) "just count the rings."

Agreed, just wanted to remind everyone who is SO SURE Jordan is GOAT, or Russell is, or whatever. No such thing as a proven GOAT

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even half as beautiful as the current Warriors, brah.
The Warriors do play an exciting, fun to watch brand of basketball. Its the way the game was meant to be played. Their Achilles heel though is there are no second chance opportunities for this team; its one shot and done and the opposition gets so many offensive rebounds.
Against weaker teams it doesn't hurt them but with a good team its a huge liability. Its so deflating to play good D for 24 seconds only to give the opposition second and third opportunities.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors do play an exciting, fun to watch brand of basketball. Its the way the game was meant to be played. Their Achilles heel though is there are no second chance opportunities for this team its one shot and done and the opposition gets so many offensive rebolunds.
Against weaker teams it doesn't hurt them but with a good team its a huge liability. Its so deflating to play good D for 24 seconds only to give the opposition second and third opportunities.

Yeah they've looked pretty deflated this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they've looked pretty deflated this year.
You saw it in game one of this series. The hang dog looks and feeling sorry for themselves as they were getting blown out. Leonard was gliding through that "defense" like a knife through warm butter. They were ready to quit until Leonard went down.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw it in game one of this series. The hang dog looks and feeling sorry for themselves as they were getting blown out. Leonard was gliding through that "defense" like a knife through warm butter. They were ready to quit until Leonard went down.

LOL
absolutely_right_zoolander.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little early in his career for that isn't it?

You're talking about D'Angelo, right?