• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't need to try to tell me a thing. I already knew that which is why I said the Cavs could get out of the East without improving their defense and so far, they've proven me right.

I'll ask again, since you never answered...Do you honestly think the Cavs can beat the Warriors or Spurs playing the level of defense they've been playing?
Nope...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't need to try to tell me a thing. I already knew that which is why I said the Cavs could get out of the East without improving their defense and so far, they've proven me right.

I'll ask again, since you never answered...Do you honestly think the Cavs can beat the Warriors or Spurs playing the level of defense they've been playing?
well what you said was the defense the Cavs were playing in the regular season made them vulnerable to losing more games than last years playoffs in the East, thus preventing them from resting as much as last year.

that hasnt happened. thus far you have been wrong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what you said was the defense the Cavs were playing in the regular season made them vulnerable to losing more games than last years playoffs in the East, thus preventing them from resting as much as last year.

that hasnt happened. thus far you have been wrong.

You really have a difficult time grasping the english language. Saying they are more vulnerable is not saying it will happen.

I said their offense was enough to get them out of the East. So far, I have been proven right.

Now, answer my question...Do you really think they can beat the Warriors or Spurs playing the level of defense they have been playing?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From last night's game. I don't think Aldridge is a dirty player, but again this sort of thing happens. KD lands directly on Aldridge's foot, but luckily nothing came of it. It happens.

Aldridge does the same double step that we saw Zaza do as well. But as you said, it's not dirty on Aldridge's part - just two completely different results.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge does the same double step that we saw Zaza do as well. But as you said, it's not dirty on Aldridge's part - just two completely different results.
I guess it depends on what the given individual's biased perspective is.

Buying the "retaliation" narrative at all?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, intent is really hard to gauge. I think the play itself is terrible, as I said with Zaza's too.

But I will say this: Durant was taking a straight up jumper. Aldridge had already closed space to Durant, yet took an additional baby step underneath Durant. That step wasn't to stop momentum because Aldridge wasn't running at him. It didnt' close any more space. At least with Zaza's play, Kawhi is fading away, which means Pachulia has to continue closing on Kawhi. He's also running at him which means that you might have to take an additional step to stop your momentum.

I had said all along that if Kawhi had shot a straight up shot and Pachulia still undercut him, then it would be obviously intentional.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, intent is really hard to gauge. I think the play itself is terrible, as I said with Zaza's too.

But I will say this: Durant was taking a straight up jumper. Aldridge had already closed space to Durant, yet took an additional baby step underneath Durant. That step wasn't to stop momentum because Aldridge wasn't running at him. It didnt' close any more space. At least with Zaza's play, Kawhi is fading away, which means Pachulia has to continue closing on Kawhi. He's also running at him which means that you might have to take an additional step to stop your momentum.

I had said all along that if Kawhi had shot a straight up shot and Pachulia still undercut him, then it would be obviously intentional.
You and I communicated on this already. Don't really get intent from either of them. I'm also okay with the "it happens" narrative while contending that players that do this need to be given flagrants until they stop it because it is dangerous.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Spurs fans aren't, right?
Of course I'm not buying it. I'm also not going to try to convince you otherwise because it would be pointless. We both have confirmation bias one way or the other.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'm not buying it. I'm also not going to try to convince you otherwise because it would be pointless. We both have confirmation bias one way or the other.
I just find it funny that Pop & many fans automatically deemed it intentional although it is clearly something that happens often. The best example is Aldridge & KD last night.

The other problem is that Pop venomously defended Bruce Bowen even though -through his own admission- he did that to many players purposely.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. Big men are just clumsy defenders at the perimeter. Zaza's not afforded that luxury in the public eye because of his past deeds - which were dirty (elbow to Patty Mills, arm lock on Kawhi, etc..). Having said that, taking Zaza's incident with the one with Aldridge looks nearly identical. And in no way do I think LA's a dirty player.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Big men are just clumsy defenders at the perimeter. Zaza's not afforded that luxury in the public eye because of his past deeds - which were dirty (elbow to Patty Mills, arm lock on Kawhi, etc..). Having said that, taking Zaza's incident with the one with Aldridge looks nearly identical. And in no way do I think LA's a dirty player.
I agree. The only difference is Pachulia was called for the foul, whereas LA wasn't.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD jumped forward. It's not the same, but it's water under the bridge. Hope Kawhi is good to go on Sat, and the games are closer.

I see some of you are still hanging onto your conspiracy theories.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some of you are still hanging onto your conspiracy theories.

We are not the ones searching for similar plays. Yes, stuff like this happens a lot and is part of basketball, and it's impossible to know about intention. Some times this is done intentionally and tons of times it just happens.

You have to understand that, first, emotions were running high on Sunday. The Spurs were playing great and lost their best player to an injury caused by someone we already hated, someone who doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because of his history. If exactly the same thing had happened with, say, KD or Klay causing the injury, it would have been different because they are not known dirty players.

But as I said, it is water under the bridge, the harm is done, but down 2-0 is not the end of the world. I hope Kawhi is good to go and doesn't re-injure himself.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not the ones searching for similar plays. Yes, stuff like this happens a lot and is part of basketball, and it's impossible to know about intention. Some times this is done intentionally and tons of times it just happens.

You have to understand that, first, emotions were running high on Sunday. The Spurs were playing great and lost their best player to an injury caused by someone we already hated, someone who doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because of his history. If exactly the same thing had happened with, say, KD or Klay causing the injury, it would have been different because they are not known dirty players.

But as I said, it is water under the bridge, the harm is done, but down 2-0 is not the end of the world. I hope Kawhi is good to go and doesn't re-injure himself.
I think Spurs fans should be asking the question of why Pop decided to play Kawhi on that gimpy ankle after it had been tweaked just minutes before, by someone on their own team. Clearly he was taking a gamble & got burned- but it's easier to blame someone else rather than looking at how their own actions might have affected the incident. As mentioned before, if he's healthy & steps on Pachulia's it's possible the outcome is the same as it was for KD last night.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kind of defense that they have been playign in the playoffs? ABSOLUTELY

the kind of defenses they played in the regular season? ABSOLUTELY NOT

but you would have to be an ass clown to think they would play defense like they did in the regular season - in the playoffs.

this was your post word for word:

Actually, they are a bit vulnerable in the East. I don't expect it to cost them a series though other than it may very well cost them as far as having to play Lebron, Kyrie and Love extended minutes and it may mean that 1 or 2 of their series goes longer than it would if they were playing defense like they did last year.

The last 2 seasons, I think virtually everyone would have been in complete shock if the Cavs had lost before the finals. If it were to happen this year, it would be surprising, but not to the level of last year and that's 100% because of the defense.

thus far- that simply has not happened. They have thus far played the minimum- and if anything- have had TOO much rest.

CELTICS/CAVS SERIES

LOSER WEARS AVATAR OF WINNER'S CHOOSING FOR ONE MONTH.

JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still talking about that stupid play?

ZaZa is a faggot either way, and the series is over either way.

Move the fuck on
No one is stopping you from moving on...