• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they're not. Especially if LeBron is on another team in the East.

Exactly and I highly doubt they beat the Celtics without Lebron on those Miami teams. It's like people forget those Celtics teams with Pierce, KG and Allen. Allen probably doesnt leave to go to Miami as well, bc Lebron wouldnt be there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, people forget Paul Pierce, KG, and Ray were still together. They had the Heat on the ropes down 3-2, with LeBron - so I don't know how anyone could say the Heat would be heavy favorites without LeBron.

Those Pacers and Bulls teams were no joke either - they were both a few plays away from being remembered very differently.

Damn just saw this post. Great minds think alike lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know for a fact the 1st one. We dont know about the 2nd. How often do the W's lose 2 straight at home

The Warriors numbers since Kawhi went down are just ridiculous. I listened to part of the game on the radio driving home and at that point in the game (beginning of the 4th quarter) the Warriors had scored an accumulated 130 points since Kawhi's injury. :shocked:

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Miami, Lebron had some really difficult times getting to the Finals. The 1st round was usually cake, but after that it usually got interesting. This goes back to our debates about the easier road. At least in the East you had some viable contenders like the Packers and Bulls (when healthy). You also had Boston with their big 3 as well whom had won a title.

Yeah, while the East was no great shakes back then, there were at least 2 other teams that were a true threat. There's nothing like that in the East right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors numbers since Kawhi went down are just ridiculous. I listened to part of the game on the radio driving home and at that point in the game (beginning of the 4th quarter) the Warriors had scored an accumulated 130 points since Kawhi's injury. :shocked:

Kawhi certainly helps. But the Spurs were beneficial in the 1st half with a rusty Kawhi. Come the 2nd half of game 1, we saw the Dubs heating up. I think the Spurs win game 1 if Kawhi stayed in the whole time, but I think the Dubs would've chipped the lead down a bit.

Having said that, the Spurs have always maintained the same defensive efficiency throughout the year when Kawhi's not on the floor. It's not unheard of that the Dubs are throwing up a ridiculous clip.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, while the East was no great shakes back then, there were at least 2 other teams that were a true threat. There's nothing like that in the East right now.

I just realized I called the Pacers the Packers. It's too fucking early here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi certainly helps. But the Spurs were beneficial in the 1st half with a rusty Kawhi. Come the 2nd half of game 1, we saw the Dubs heating up. I think the Spurs win game 1 if Kawhi stayed in the whole time, but I think the Dubs would've chipped the lead down a bit.

Having said that, the Spurs have always maintained the same defensive efficiency throughout the year when Kawhi's not on the floor. It's not unheard of that the Dubs are throwing up a ridiculous clip.

Yes the Warriors were coming out hot, but KD was getting shutdown ny Kawhi. Curry wouldnt be enough and Kawhi was on fire, it also took pressure off of LA who had been playing great. The W's would cut the lead to 12 or so then the Spurs would go on a run. I firmly believe that Kawhi would make this a 7 game series and Spurs had a chance to win. If he is 100%, most likely not, they still have 2 games at hone to recompose but it doesnt look good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized I called the Pacers the Packers. It's too fucking early here.

I thought you just knew something we didnt. Expansion team or something lol

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's scary for them how bad the drop off is without Kawhi. LA is a freaking joke.

They are not only down Kawhi but Parker as well. Parker was playing great ball..

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not only down Kawhi but Parker as well. Parker was playing great ball..
You're correct, I forgot about him. But come on, you can't give LA a pass on this one. He's a vet & supposed to know that he's expected to step his game up in this situation. This is not the Rockets they're playing. He better step into his grown man drawls or they're going home in 4.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how this series ends SA has some work to do with this team in the off season. They better think about some younger guys that can run the floor & score. It's time to move on from the TP's, Manu's & PG's.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series would be sitting at 1-1 if Leonard hadn't went down. I still don't think they would be able to beat the Warriors but maybe win 2 games anyway.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From last night's game. I don't think Aldridge is a dirty player, but again this sort of thing happens. KD lands directly on Aldridge's foot, but luckily nothing came of it. It happens.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From last night's game. I don't think Aldridge is a dirty player, but again this sort of thing happens. KD lands directly on Aldridge's foot, but luckily nothing came of it. It happens.

Yeah, I actually think LA's was worse. More obviously intentional, imo. Bad look for him. Maybe if he was focused on playing instead of retaliation he wouldn't have sucked so bad last night.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I said maybe Pop should be holding that mirror up. If he sits Kawhi after he stepped on the foot of one of his own team mates then that second one doesn't happen. Better yet, if he lets Kawhi rest game 1 they still have a good shot in the series.

Now, even if Kawhi comes back for game 3 how healthy will he be? Maybe the thought of reinjuring the ankle lingers this time & affects his play.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That play actually did look dirty - most will draw the conclusion it was retaliation for Kawhi.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tried to tell ya that....

You didn't need to try to tell me a thing. I already knew that which is why I said the Cavs could get out of the East without improving their defense and so far, they've proven me right.

I'll ask again, since you never answered...Do you honestly think the Cavs can beat the Warriors or Spurs playing the level of defense they've been playing?