• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Leonard was healthy... Spurs could have stole the first 2 games.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a weird thing to say to me because it assumes that the absence of a difference maker doesn't affect the flow of the game for both teams. In other words that golden state would have played exactly the same and only the spurs game would have changed.

Plus the Spurs' psyche. The injury obviously affected them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Warriors trying to hang a buck fiddy on the Spurs?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to 7 straight Finals seems pretty cool. We all thought that they weren't going to beat the Warriors last year and thought the series was done at 3-1. Shit happens.

Really, 7 straight Finals in this East, while he has been a member of two different super-teams, is not that impressive. The Warriors' 3 straight appearances are more impressive, even if this year they had a relatively easy path.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Leonard was healthy... Spurs could have stole the first 2 games.

I know for a fact the 1st one. We dont know about the 2nd. How often do the W's lose 2 straight at home

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, 7 straight Finals in this East, while he has been a member of two different super-teams, is not that impressive. The Warriors' 3 straight appearances are more impressive, even if this year they had a relatively easy path.

That makes no sense. He actually switched teams during this streak. He had to gel with new teammates and the first year with this new team he had 2 out of the 3 best players out, well Kyrie was basically injured the entire playoffs. The W's are impressive but they by far have the most talented team and it isnt close, especially this year. If their run was so impressive they woule have two titles. Lebron has put up some of the best stats EVER in the last two Finals. 7 straight Finals is INCREDIBLE. Maybe the conference isnt the best but there is literally a player that hasnt been this dominant over a span since back in the 70's/80's (as far as getting the Finals year in and year out). If you think that isnt impressive you dont watch much basketball.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically it came down to this for me tonight

1. Kinda sucked watching a game with the outcome never in doubt

2. But it was outweighed by the sheer enjoyment of watching the game played at the highest level by the most talented, team oriented squad I've ever seen. I feel the same way watching LeBron dominate, or Jordan dominate. I enjoy watching those guys crush opponents too.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. He actually switched teams during this streak. He had to gel with new teammates and the first year with this new team he had 2 out of the 3 best players out, well Kyrie was basically injured the entire playoffs. The W's are impressive but they by far have the most talented team and it isnt close, especially this year. If their run was so impressive they woule have two titles. Lebron has put up some of the best stats EVER in the last two Finals. 7 straight Finals is INCREDIBLE. Maybe the conference isnt the best but there is literally a player that hasnt been this dominant over a span since back in the 70's/80's (as far as getting the Finals year in and year out). If you think that isnt impressive you dont watch much basketball.

Lebron is just all-time great and I'm not questioning him in any way. He has been a monster in the post season and during the finals, and is the sole reason why the 15 Finals were competitive. His play during all these Finals, even in a couple of losing efforts, has been remarkable.

I watch a ton of basketball, and frankly I haven't seen Lebron tested by any team from the east during these years. Maybe Boston during his first year in Miami, or Indiana once, but he mostly has faced a bunch of completely unremarkable teams. Sure, his presence is a big reason why those opponents couldn't compete, but really there weren't any other great teams out there. Remove Lebron from those Miami teams and they are still the heavy favorites to win the East. He's a bigger piece in today's Cavs, but that team would still be a serious contender in the East without Lebron (and would be completely obliterated by the West champ).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs may as well blow the series against the C.s Warriors will only be BETTER in the finals. Probably well rested too as they may sweep. looking for revenge and Durant looking for his long-awaited title.

Lebron doesn't want to be 3-5 in the finals does he?

This is precisely why Finals record does not matter.

No way anyone can argue that losing to The Celtics is better for LeBron's legacy than losing in the Finals to one of the most talented teams ever assembled. Just a propsoterous position to take.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors up 2-0

Pop completely distracted with politics.

4-0 sweep would not be surprising.

The sooner Pop can wrap this up and focus 100% on his true passion - Trump - the happier he will be.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm taking everything you say seriously right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they're not. Especially if LeBron is on another team in the East.

In Miami, Lebron had some really difficult times getting to the Finals. The 1st round was usually cake, but after that it usually got interesting. This goes back to our debates about the easier road. At least in the East you had some viable contenders like the Packers and Bulls (when healthy). You also had Boston with their big 3 as well whom had won a title.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Miami, Lebron had some really difficult times getting to the Finals. The 1st round was usually cake, but after that it usually got interesting. This goes back to our debates about the easier road. At least in the East you had some viable contenders like the Packers and Bulls (when healthy). You also had Boston with their big 3 as well whom had won a title.

Yeah, people forget Paul Pierce, KG, and Ray were still together. They had the Heat on the ropes down 3-2, with LeBron - so I don't know how anyone could say the Heat would be heavy favorites without LeBron.

Those Pacers and Bulls teams were no joke either - they were both a few plays away from being remembered very differently.