• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....Lebron's not going to have a strange hold on the NBA for another 8 years. I think 2 more years, maybe 3. By then he'll be in his mid-30's.
LeBron's gonna make 7 straight Finals after the Cavs bitch slap either the Celts or Wiz.

if you were to put the over under at 9.5 straight Finals appearances- i would have to go with the over.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just jumping in here as I haven't read any of the thread...

Is it just me or should planting your feet under a jumpshooter on their way down be a Flagrant 1,000,000 foul?

You're fucking with someone's health and ability to make a living there...

NOT cricket, mate.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-8...???

the dude's 32 already...

He never breaks down physically though. Whether there is through natural or anabolic means who knows. Im assuming Lebron has at least another 5 years left.

And playing in a pretty weak conference and a league which BABIES Perimeter players (especially superstars) these guys can lost longer than past perimeter players who took abuse

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its because hes The King.

Or cheats with HGH/Anabolics which helps the recovery process. He also uses that oxygen chamber thingamajig.

Lets also not forget today's perimeters don't even take a FRACTION of the abuse that guys like Jordan did

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never breaks down physically though. Whether there is through natural or anabolic means who knows. Im assuming Lebron has at least another 5 years left.

And playing in a pretty weak conference and a league which BABIES Perimeter players (especially superstars) these guys can lost longer than past perimeter players who took abuse

He'll probably be in the league another 5 years, doesn't mean he'll be at this level. All greats eventually slow down. Lebron's not excluded.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably be in the league another 5 years, doesn't mean he'll be at this level. All greats eventually slow down. Lebron's not excluded.

As long as the East stays weak and he stays on a stacked team, he'll probably maintain the level hes currently at or dip slightly. He doesn't have to carry the load like other guys do

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOl just stop it. Clearly you don't watch the games. Shooting is NOT the only way the Dubs win. Matter of fact, they shot poorly against Utah (a very good defensive team) and STILL had control over that game- that series- and won by double digits every time. The thing that makes the Dubs so great is that they are a great DEFENSIVE team as well as a great shooting team. Hard to beat a team that excels in both of those things.
Because Utah is a mediocre team. GS won't beat Cleveland if they don't shoot well, heck they might not even get past San Antonio if they don't pull their head out of their ass and get serious. If Leonard is healthy, this series is not over by a long shot.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS was still on vacation yesterday for 3 quarters of the game. I wouldn't worry about them. Game 2 will be much different and they will steal one in SA and close it out back in GS.

Thats one of the downfalls of sweeping. (See 2001 Lakers in Game 1 of the Finals vs. the 76ers). Too much time off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the East stays weak and he stays on a stacked team, he'll probably maintain the level hes currently at or dip slightly. He doesn't have to carry the load like other guys do
well and soon KYrie will be hitting his prime as well.....one of the reasons he joined a 22 year old Kyrie and a 26 year old Love was in anticipation of moving that load of his shoulders at least a little bit at some point.

Kyrie has definitely proven that he can take a great amount of the offensive load off LeBrons shoulders at some point- and Kyrie hasnt even hit his prime yet.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Utah is a mediocre team. GS won't beat Cleveland if they don't shoot well, heck they might not even get past San Antonio if they don't pull their head out of their ass and get serious. If Leonard is healthy, this series is not over by a long shot.
LOL first off, if you watched basketball you would know that Utah is a good DEFENSIVE team so the fact that GS was able to win while not having a good shooting game is big.

Second, no one here said this series was gonna be an easy one for GS. Clearly we know the Spurs are their greatest challenge- which also includes Cleveland.

Finally, yes GS can beat Cleveland even if they don't shoot well - we saw that in game 7 of the Finals last year. Neither team shot particularly well throughout that game & the game was up for grabs through the last 10 seconds or so.

Defense is the key & GS knows that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep defending this POS. He attempted to break Kawhi's arm last year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I was told because I never played basketball at a high level that I didn't know what I was talking about lmao.

Leonard likely out for Game 2; Pop rips Zaza

This sure sounds like exactly what I said last night but what do I know right?

"The two-step lead with your foot closeout is not appropriate," Popovich said. "It's dangerous, it's unsportsmanlike, it's just not what anybody does to anybody else. And this particular individual has a history with that kind of action."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I was told because I never played basketball at a high level that I didn't know what I was talking about lmao.

"The two-step lead with your foot closeout is not appropriate," Popovich said. "It's dangerous, it's unsportsmanlike, it's just not what anybody does to anybody else. And this particular individual has a history with that kind of action."

But the two-step lead with your foot always happens lmao or so I was told. I absolutely love Pop.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the two-step lead with your foot always happens lmao or so I was told. I absolutely love Pop.
Pop is great, and that was funny...however from my viewpoint, I can fully see why anybody would say it was dirty, but for me it looked like Zaza's initial contest of Kawhi's shot was off, so he adjusted, therefore causing him to step in. Thing is it's just tough to prove that intent over it being a dirty play

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad Kawhi is out for game 2. Injuries happen though, part of basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop is great, and that was funny...however from my viewpoint, I can fully see why anybody would say it was dirty, but for me it looked like Zaza's initial contest of Kawhi's shot was off, so he adjusted, therefore causing him to step in. Thing is it's just tough to prove that intent over it being a dirty play

Did you actually see the video? He wasn't trying to be funny at all. This wasn't sarcastic Pop. He was actually pretty angry. His face was red.

As I said last night, Zaza is a dirty player and attempted to end Kawhi's season last year. Sorry he gets no benefit of the doubt from me. Any other player on the Dubs would likely get a pass from me in terms of it being intentional. This guy? Hell no. Always been a dirty player.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's all subjective. Of course people who don't want GS to win or don't like the team for whatever reason will say there was intent to hurt Kawhi. And then there will be the other side of folks who can be objective and say that is a play that happens often in basketball. The problem is what makes it intentional vs not intentional?

Furthermore, I think if the league viewed it as an intentional play to hurt guys they would make that a flagrant of some sort rather than just a common foul.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joel Anthony should get put into game 2 and knock Zaza's punk ass out.