• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Anthony should get put into game 2 and knock Zaza's punk ass out.

I wouldn't even go after ZaZa. He is a nobody. You took out our best player well guess who I'm going after? There is someone who plays PG for the Warriors who had ankle issues basically his entire career. Two can play this game.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even go after ZaZa. He is a nobody. You took out our best player well guess who I'm going after? There is someone who plays PG for the Warriors who had ankle issues basically his entire career. Two can play this game.
That would definitely be an "eye for an eye" type of move, I highly doubt the Spurs would do it though. Warriors deserve something for that shit, like you said before it'd be easy to label it an accident if the person who injured Kawhi wasn't already a dirty player and had problems with the Spurs in the past. Not to say the Warriors wouldn't have won the series with Kawhi healthy, but Zaza just made their path easier.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL first off, if you watched basketball you would know that Utah is a good DEFENSIVE team so the fact that GS was able to win while not having a good shooting game is big.

Second, no one here said this series was gonna be an easy one for GS. Clearly we know the Spurs are their greatest challenge- which also includes Cleveland.

Finally, yes GS can beat Cleveland even if they don't shoot well - we saw that in game 7 of the Finals last year. Neither team shot particularly well throughout that game & the game was up for grabs through the last 10 seconds or so.

Defense is the key & GS knows that.
I called Utah a mediocre team and to help you out I've included the definition of "mediocre" for you below:

me·di·o·cre-ˌmēdēˈōkər/ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road

Utah had a record of 40 and 42. I would call that exactly what it is; mediocre. The only thing they left off that definition above was using it in a sentence. I have an ideal one: "In the 2016 season the Utah Jazz at 40 and 42 were the very definition of mediocre".

Got it?
As for the second part of your response, until GS gets serious about protecting the ball and defensive rebounding they will always be vulnerable to good teams like the Cavs. The reason I say GS must shoot well to win is because they never get offensive rebounds; never.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Anthony should get put into game 2 and knock Zaza's punk ass out.
Its such nonsense to even imagine that pachulia did that on purpose. he was turning to run down court; not even looking at Leonard's landing area.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its such nonsense to even imagine that pachulia did that on purpose. he was turning to run down court; not even looking at Leonard's landing area.

ZaZa is very talented. He can do these things without looking.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it's just the Spur fans crying a river.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZaZa is very talented. He can do these things without looking.

I'm also very talented. I can actually walk and run, and even jump without ever looking my feet.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Utah a mediocre team and to help you out I've included the definition of "mediocre" for you below:

me·di·o·cre-ˌmēdēˈōkər/ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road

Utah had a record of 40 and 42. I would call that exactly what it is; mediocre. The only thing they left off that definition above was using it in a sentence. I have an ideal one: "In the 2016 season the Utah Jazz at 40 and 42 were the very definition of mediocre".

Got it?
As for the second part of your response, until GS gets serious about protecting the ball and defensive rebounding they will always be vulnerable to good teams like the Cavs. The reason I say GS must shoot well to win is because they never get offensive rebounds; never.
Again, all of this is your opinion, which I will add is not a good one. As I said before, if you actually WATCHED games you would understand that Utah was a good DEFENSIVE team. They were ranked 3rd out of 30.

Having said that, you providing the definition of mediocre only makes you look even more ignorant in terms of this topic since clearly ranking 3 OUT OF 30 is NOT average or middle-of-the-road.

I think your ability to comprehend what's happening in front of you is
me·di·o·cre-ˌmēdēˈōkər/ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road. SMH

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be looking at the landing area to know if you take those extra steps towards the guy taking a jump shot, you're gonna be in his landing area and possibly hurt him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also very talented. I can actually walk and run, and even jump without ever looking my feet.

Yeah it is actually pretty simple. I tried to do what ZaZa did yesterday. It really his simple. Let's stop acting like it is so difficult to do what he did without looking at his feet.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you run full speed at a guy, you have two options:

1) Close out hard to get maximum contest on the shot. Doing so, puts you close to the defender, possibly within the landing zone of where the player will shoot.

2) Close out short, stop short and allow shot with slight window. Doing so puts you further away from the players landing zone, but also you don't put nearly as much pressure on the shooter.

These are really the only two things you can do. If you disagree, try it yourself. Put something 5-7 feet away from you and run hard at it and try to stop.

Reactions: LAD

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be looking at the landing area to know if you take those extra steps towards the guy taking a jump shot, you're gonna be in his landing area and possibly hurt him.
That's the chance a shooter takes, when he leaves his feet.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the chance a shooter takes, when he leaves his feet.
Yeah, maybe we should start looking at Kawhi and saying it's on him for taking the dangerous risk of shooting the ball. The known dirty player "accidentally" slipping under his landing spot and taking him out of the game was just playing hard.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cracked up at how the Dubs' announcers were talking about the relentless Warriors who never quit and just keep coming wearing the Spurs down. That is absurd. The reason, the only reason, the Warriors won was because Leonard got hurt.
You don't know that for sure. Injuries are part of the game. Don't be making any excuses.

Reactions: LAD

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually see the video? He wasn't trying to be funny at all. This wasn't sarcastic Pop. He was actually pretty angry. His face was red.

As I said last night, Zaza is a dirty player and attempted to end Kawhi's season last year. Sorry he gets no benefit of the doubt from me. Any other player on the Dubs would likely get a pass from me in terms of it being intentional. This guy? Hell no. Always been a dirty player.
No, what made it funny is the fact that he DID go in like THAT, as opposed to just giving some pc coach talk. As for Zaza, as I said earlier, I could definitely see how the play looks like a dirty play, and the fact that he has a history doesn't help as well

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe we should start looking at Kawhi and saying it's on him for taking the dangerous risk of shooting the ball. The known dirty player "accidentally" slipping under his landing spot and taking him out of the game was just playing hard.
Come on Bolts, quit crying. There is no way in hell you can say "for sure" that was a dirty play. Only crybaby fans will use this as an excuse on why the Spurs lost.