• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cracked up at how the Dubs' announcers were talking about the relentless Warriors who never quit and just keep coming wearing the Spurs down. That is absurd. The reason, the only reason, the Warriors won was because Leonard got hurt.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah- because of LeBron- not because LeBron JOINED a ready-made championship caliber team.

in my opinion- anyone who thinks its "the same thing" to join:

22 year old Kyrie Irving, 26 year old KEvin Love, coming to a team with 4 straight lotto appearances and David Blatt as coach----- and saying thats basically the same thing as joining Curry, Draymond, Klay, and Kerr- is either A. a certifiable retard, or B. lying to themselves.

dude- i know you dont think those are basically the same things--- joining 22 year old kyrie, love with ZERO playoff experience, and a rookie head coach- blatt- or joining draymond, kerr, curry, and klay after they have won a title, been to a finals. at least level a little bit.

It's funny, because I could go back two years ago about how you said Lebron now had so many great pieces around him (taking knocks at the Heat). KD looks like a hypocrite - he knocked Lebron and others for forming super teams, I'll acknowledge that. He should've done what Draymond should do on a daily basis - shut the F up.

Everyone knew that the roster that Lebron was walking into, with him included were going to go to the Finals for years to come and that the WCF representative would be the only obstacle in their course. Whether the team you join has title experience, or if it's just a collection of talent - you're still jumping to form a super team. Hell, Lebron got knocked for joining up with Wade because they felt he couldn't win a title on his own.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, if these Cavs meet superteam criteria, than so do a lot of other teams over the past 14 years.

Warriors, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Celtics, Thunder at a minimum.

In comparison with 98 percent of the rest of the league, I would classify the Cavs as a "SuperTeam". They don't look as "super" when you compare them to GS. But to the rest majority of the rest of the league they do.

Lebron/Irving are future HOFers. I would say Love will be as well eventually. If Yao can get in, than Love DEFINITELY will. Even if the Wolves were lottery, Love put on crazy points/rebound numbers there

Then you got Korver/Smith and some other 3 point sharpshooters with a good bench. Thats more than most any team can get in terms of all around talent

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee>David West
West is a better shooter in my opinion but Lee works hard under the glass and gets his points as well. No comparison though in defensive ability; West is far superior there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah- because of LeBron- not because LeBron JOINED a ready-made championship caliber team.

in my opinion- anyone who thinks its "the same thing" to join:

22 year old Kyrie Irving, 26 year old KEvin Love, coming to a team with 4 straight lotto appearances and David Blatt as coach----- and saying thats basically the same thing as joining Curry, Draymond, Klay, and Kerr- is either A. a certifiable retard, or B. lying to themselves.

dude- i know you dont think those are basically the same things--- joining 22 year old kyrie, love with ZERO playoff experience, and a rookie head coach- blatt- or joining draymond, kerr, curry, and klay after they have won a title, been to a finals. at least level a little bit.

It doesn't matter how or why a superteam is formed. It's still a superteam. The Showtime Lakers and Bird Celtics were built through the draft and trades, but they were still superteams.

The only real differences between what Lebron did and what KD did was that Lebron had a direct hand in building the 2 superteams that he played for, while KD joined one that had already been built.

End of the day though, the Showtime Lakers, Birds Celtics ,the Heat, the current Warriors and the current Cavs are all still superteams. Regardless of how they were built.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, because I could go back two years ago about how you said Lebron now had so many great pieces around him (taking knocks at the Heat). KD looks like a hypocrite - he knocked Lebron and others for forming super teams, I'll acknowledge that. He should've done what Draymond should do on a daily basis - shut the F up.

Everyone knew that the roster that Lebron was walking into, with him included were going to go to the Finals for years to come and that the WCF representative would be the only obstacle in their course. Whether the team you join has title experience, or if it's just a collection of talent - you're still jumping to form a super team. Hell, Lebron got knocked for joining up with Wade because they felt he couldn't win a title on his own.
I felt like he joined Wade & Bosh because they were his only competition in the Eastern Conf at the time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In comparison with 98 percent of the rest of the league, I would classify the Cavs as a "SuperTeam". They don't look as "super" when you compare them to GS. But to the rest majority of the rest of the league they do.

Lebron/Irving are future HOFers. I would say Love will be as well eventually. If Yao can get in, than Love DEFINITELY will.

Then you got Korver/Smith and some other 3 point sharpshooters with a good bench. Thats more than most any team can get in terms of all around talent
They are at least as good as the Warriors because the Warriors can only out-score teams and depend on shooting well in order to win. If they don't shoot well, their inability to rebound kills them. The Cavs can win in numerous ways which gives them the advantage; especially in size and toughness over GS.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how or why a superteam is formed. It's still a superteam. The Showtime Lakers and Bird Celtics were built through the draft and trades, but they were still superteams.

The only real differences between what Lebron did and what KD did was that Lebron had a direct hand in building the 2 superteams that he played for, while KD joined one that had already been built.

End of the day though, the Showtime Lakers, Birds Celtics ,the Heat, the current Warriors and the current Cavs are all still superteams. Regardless of how they were built.
Add in the fact the Cavs are a super team is the ONLY reason LBJ went back - being from Cleveland was the cherry on top.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like he joined Wade & Bosh because they were his only competition in the Eastern Conf at the time.

lol what? Miami was a middle of the road playoffs team. Toronto wasn't making the playoffs. He joined those 2 because he felt like that was the only way he could beat the big 3 in Boston after losing to them 2 of the previous 3 years.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are at least as good as the Warriors because the Warriors can only out-score teams and depend on shooting well in order to win. If they don't shoot well, their inability to rebound kills them. The Cavs can win in numerous ways which gives them the advantage; especially in size and toughness over GS.
LOl just stop it. Clearly you don't watch the games. Shooting is NOT the only way the Dubs win. Matter of fact, they shot poorly against Utah (a very good defensive team) and STILL had control over that game- that series- and won by double digits every time. The thing that makes the Dubs so great is that they are a great DEFENSIVE team as well as a great shooting team. Hard to beat a team that excels in both of those things.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont have a problem with anyone calling the Cavs a super team

what i think is beyond stupid is saying that its "basically the same thing"- LeBron joining a 22 year old Kyrie, a 26 year old Love with ZERO playoff experinece and a rookie coach in Blatt (or Lue)----- and Durant joining 3 all stars in their prime with championship experience, multiple league mvps, all nba teams, all defensive teams, etc. and a head coach with championship experience

those things are not hte same in the SLIGHTEST.

Durant joined a team that had already won a championship and 3 all stars in their prime with tons of playoff experience and a coach with championship experience.

lebron joined a lotto 2 with 2 very talented players with zero playoff experience and a rookie coach

those things are not equal in the slightest.

LeBron built and owns his team. Durant is renting a room and has to vacuum and clean the toilet everytime Draymond tells him to get his bitch ass off the couch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in the fact the Cavs are a super team is the ONLY reason LBJ went back - being from Cleveland was the cherry on top.

Yeah, if Gilbert wasn't willing to hand the keys to the franchise over to Lebron, he's either still in Miami or has gone to some other team to form a superteam.

As much as I like to give Cavs fans crap about Gilbert, handing the team over to Lebron was probably the smartest move he's made as an NBA owner. Without that, the Cavs are maybe an 8th seed in the east and that's assuming Kyrie hasn't left for greener pastures.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Gilbert wasn't willing to hand the keys to the franchise over to Lebron, he's either still in Miami or has gone to some other team to form a superteam.

As much as I like to give Cavs fans crap about Gilbert, handing the team over to Lebron was probably the smartest move he's made as an NBA owner. Without that, the Cavs are maybe an 8th seed in the east and that's assuming Kyrie hasn't left for greener pastures.
Agreed. I guess 40+ years of losing will make most desperate to win.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i think is beyond stupid is saying that its "basically the same thing"- LeBron joining a 22 year old Kyrie, a 26 year old Love with ZERO playoff experinece and a rookie coach in Blatt (or Lue)----- and Durant joining 3 all stars in their prime with championship experience, multiple league mvps, all nba teams, all defensive teams, etc. and a head coach with championship experience

those things are not hte same in the SLIGHTEST.

This where I disagree with Cavs fans. At the end of the day, it's still a superteam. How that team was formed doesn't matter because it doesn't change the end result.

What Lebron did was no better or worse than what KD did. Lebron wasn't going to Miami without assurances that D-Wade and Bosh were going to be there too. He also wasn't going back to Cleveland if Kyrie wasn't emerging as a star, Love (or some equivalent player) wasn't coming or if Gilbert didn't choose to hand the franchise over to Lebron and agree to any and all demands that Lebron made as far as adding any other pieces.

Trying to talk about any differences is just splitting hairs when you consider that the end result is still the same. The only real difference is that Lebron had to do a little more work to get his superteams.

End of the day, both players were looking to set themselves up with the easiest way to get a title. I don't blame either one of them either. If the player believes that their current franchise is either unwilling or unable to make the necessary moves to get them a ring, then they need to make their own way, one way or another.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years does Lebron have left? 5-8 more years? Chances of him being on a superteam EVERY YEAR of the remainder of his career are quite high and will happen most likely. So thats 13-14 years of a SuperTeam. At a time when the only other superteam is GS

5-8...???

the dude's 32 already...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, they were all free agents and they had this planned years out. But they knew their talent collectively would get them out of the East and they'd have a decent chance against whatever opponent they faced in the Finals.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors would know. lol

:bolt:
Yes, and in their disparity they went & hired a better coach instead of crying to league about other players. :D

The problem I have is that Cavs fans & LBJ act like they won because they were the superior team. Can't be mad at a team that grandstands after beating another team fair & square though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This where I disagree with Cavs fans. At the end of the day, it's still a superteam. How that team was formed doesn't matter because it doesn't change the end result.

What Lebron did was no better or worse than what KD did. Lebron wasn't going to Miami without assurances that D-Wade and Bosh were going to be there too. He also wasn't going back to Cleveland if Kyrie wasn't emerging as a star, Love (or some equivalent player) wasn't coming or if Gilbert didn't choose to hand the franchise over to Lebron and agree to any and all demands that Lebron made as far as adding any other pieces.

Trying to talk about any differences is just splitting hairs when you consider that the end result is still the same. The only real difference is that Lebron had to do a little more work to get his superteams.

End of the day, both players were looking to set themselves up with the easiest way to get a title. I don't blame either one of them either. If the player believes that their current franchise is either unwilling or unable to make the necessary moves to get them a ring, then they need to make their own way, one way or another.
i dont care how it was formed either

22 year old Kyrie with zero playoff experience, 26 year old Love with zero playoff experience, David Blatt/Ty Lue with zero head coaching experience DOES NOT EQUAL- or EVEN COME CLOSE TO EQUALING = Draymond Green with multiple all nba/all defensive team/all star appearances, Curry with multiple MVP's, Klay with multiple All NBA's/All star appearances, Kerr with championship coaching experience.

As i said- LeBron BUILT his super team. Durant jumped on some dudes jocks because he quit. LeBron OWNS the building. Durant has to scrub Draymonds toilet while Draymond lies on the couch playing Xbox.