• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For months we all heard about how Irving and Love were the best teammates Lebron ever had, particularly compared to Bosh and Wade. Even more, we heard about Irving being the best teammate that Lebron ever had. Yet, Miami had a super team and Cleveland didn't? I'm confused.

Not to mention that we've been told ad nauseum about how the Cavs have the highest payroll in NBA history and how Dan Gilbert will spend any amount of money necessary to win more titles.

So, are the Cavs a superteam? Or is Dan Gilbert just showing us that the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" is accurate?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what LeBron did was totally differnt though

LeBron BUILT his team

Durant is renting a room.

A superteam is a superteam.

How a superteam was put together doesn't change the fact that it's a superteam.

Also, another difference is that Lebron left a superteam to go form another superteam.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're both pretty much the same. Also, people mention that Durant could've went to any other team. Where? Outside of Boston, where else could he have gone that would've been a good fit?

The Lakers. :thumb:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A superteam is a superteam.

How a superteam was put together doesn't change the fact that it's a superteam.

Also, another difference is that Lebron left a superteam to go form another superteam.

lol Looks like Wiggy doesn't like facts.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Spurs should have won the game anyway, but you have to take into account their state of mind after Leonard's injury. They were shocked and completely lost their concentration for a stretch of the game, with the Warriors scoring 18 unanswered points, making the momentum an avalanche impossible to stop.

Now they have some time to prepare for Leonard's absence (assuming that he won't be available for Tuesday's game) and will likely gameplan a slower game (similar to what they did against the Rockets), but the Warriors don't have a mental dwarf running the show so this likely won't really work. Without Leonard out there, they just don't have the bodies to limit the Warriors or the horses to run with them.
When your best player goes down the others are supposed to rally to get the job done. They were more than half way there. The problem is without TP they don't have a general on the floor that can run the team & keep them on track. This ain't Houston they're playing.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what LeBron did was totally differnt though

LeBron BUILT his team

Durant is renting a room.

LeBron joined two very good players- Kyrie and Love- when they were 22 and 26 with ZERO playoff games between them- and a combined 5 all star games between them and 1 all nba team and 2 rookie head coaches- one they FIRED in the middle of their championship season.

Durant joined 3 All stars- with 7-8 all star games, 7-8 all nba teams, 2 mvps, a championship, a finals appearance, dozens of playoff games of experience- and a coach that had championship experience.

LeBron joined a team with a lot of potential and molded it into what it is. Durant joined a ready-made championship team with LOADS more talent, and playoff experience.

I am not saying you do- but anyone who says those 2 things are equal- and just chalks it up to "super team" and tries to generalize it- is a certified ass-clown of epic proportions and has the analysis abilities of a retarded chimpanzee.

LeBron built a star studded cast with Love/Irving/ host of sharpshooting 3 pointers all the while competing in a very WEAK conference.

No difference really.. Both highly "Beta" moves. Does anyone really think LeBron would have went back to Cleveland it could handpick the stacked team he wanted to play with?? He sure as hell wouldn't have gone back to the type of team he left.

Basically, both guys have taken the "easy way out"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone really think LeBron would have went back to Cleveland it could handpick the stacked team he wanted to play with??

Does anyone think there is a team in the league where LeBron wouldn't have incredible influence on what roster moves are made or which free agents want to come?

Does anyone think LeBron chooses CLE if he's not from there and has no connection to the franchise?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think there is a team in the league where LeBron wouldn't have incredible influence on what roster moves are made or which free agents want to come?

Does anyone think LeBron chooses CLE if he's not from there and has no connection to the franchise?

True. Both were the beta moves though.. Nothing more lame than watching LeBron fans criticize the Beta moves that Durant made, when their player has been doing the same thing for 7 years.

Lebron has been taking the Easy way out ALOT longer than Durant has. But if LeBron does it, its "ok" I guess since hes more popular. :scratch:

And to top it off, LeBron is STILL whining for more help. Figure that one out. The guy always gets handed EVERYTHING he wants on a silver platter. And yet his fans are whining about Durant? NO ONE Has played with more talent and supporting help than Lebron the past 7 years. No one

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what any of this has to do with the points that were made?

Of course Lebron had influence on the roster moves and free agents. Every superstar is at least consulted on roster moves. It's the one guy on the team that you HAVE to make happy.

And of course it's highly unlikely that if Lebron weren't from the Cleveland area that he doesn't return to the Cavs. Cleveland without Lebron isn't exactly a "destination franchise."

But none of that has anything to do with the fact that the Cavs have a superteam.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Both were the beta moves though.. Nothing more lame than watching LeBron fans criticize the Beta moves that Durant made, when their player has been doing the same thing for 7 years.

Lebron has been taking the Easy way out ALOT longer than Durant has. But if LeBron does it, its "ok" I guess since hes more popular. :scratch:

And to top it off, LeBron is STILL whining for more help. Figure that one out. The guy always gets handed EVERYTHING he wants on a silver platter

I'll agree with you there. I may think the situations are quite different, but I've never criticized Durant for his decision and I never will. I may talk about what I think are some of the repercussions of that decision, but its his decision and I don't fault him or doing something a lot of people would've done.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what any of this has to do with the points that were made?

Of course Lebron had influence on the roster moves and free agents. Every superstar is at least consulted on roster moves. It's the one guy on the team that you HAVE to make happy.

And of course it's highly unlikely that if Lebron weren't from the Cleveland area that he doesn't return to the Cavs. Cleveland without Lebron isn't exactly a "destination franchise."

But none of that has anything to do with the fact that the Cavs have a superteam.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the superteam thing. I was just responding to that one point that I quoted.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years does Lebron have left? 5-8 more years? Chances of him being on a superteam EVERY YEAR of the remainder of his career are quite high and will happen most likely. So thats 13-14 years of a SuperTeam. At a time when the only other superteam is GS

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years does Lebron have left? 5-8 more years? Chances of him being on a superteam EVERY YEAR of the remainder of his career are quite high and will happen most likely. So thats 13-14 years of a SuperTeam. At a time when the only other superteam is GS

I don't know, if these Cavs meet superteam criteria, than so do a lot of other teams over the past 14 years.

Warriors, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Celtics, Thunder at a minimum.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats just the thing- cleveland NOW has

LeBron and Kyrie and Love worked to make that team what it was from starting from scratch...as i said- zero playoff experience, rookie head coach etc.--- 2 very promising players in Kyrie and Love- but at age 22 and 26 far from finished products and with a combined ZERO big moments in their careers- no playoff games etc.

contrast that with - a coach with championship experience, a two time MVP, 3 all stars

what Durant did was join a ready-made championship caliber team.

anyone that says when LeBron joined the Cavs they were a ready-made championship team is delusional.

joining a team with 3 all stars- a team with tons of playoff/championship experience, and a coach that has championship exeperience- mvp awards, finals mvp, multiple all NBA teams---- seems a lot different to me than joining a team with 2 all stars- wth 5 combined apperances, 1 all NBA team- with zero PLAYOFF experience, and a rookie coach---- but thats just me apparently. lol.

You literally said that. When Lebron went back to Cleveland, you literally said this team would be winning multiple titles for years to come.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally said that. When Lebron went back to Cleveland, you literally said this team would be winning multiple titles for years to come.
oh yah- because of LeBron- not because LeBron JOINED a ready-made championship caliber team.

in my opinion- anyone who thinks its "the same thing" to join:

22 year old Kyrie Irving, 26 year old KEvin Love, coming to a team with 4 straight lotto appearances and David Blatt as coach----- and saying thats basically the same thing as joining Curry, Draymond, Klay, and Kerr- is either A. a certifiable retard, or B. lying to themselves.

dude- i know you dont think those are basically the same things--- joining 22 year old kyrie, love with ZERO playoff experience, and a rookie head coach- blatt- or joining draymond, kerr, curry, and klay after they have won a title, been to a finals. at least level a little bit.