• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a true center and backup PG?
No they needed reliable bigs who could rebound and stretch the floor. Instead Kerr was running out Moody as a PF in some lineups. Last year they had Otto Porter Jr and Bjelica who played awesome at times when needed. That’s gave them 4 bigs who would also contribute offensively.

Them being able to shoot also further spaces the floor. It gives guys like Steph, Klay and Poole more wiggle room to get cleaner looks because the bigs can’t just sag off their man.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given the new tax rules in the CBA, it's basically their only option to keep fielding championship level teams. Same thing for Draymond if they intended to keep him around

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the new tax rules in the CBA, it's basically their only option to keep fielding championship level teams. Same thing for Draymond if they intended to keep him around
Yeah but Shams is team Klutch so he’s not going to report that Draymond needs to take a pay cut too.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think green has a player option

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they needed reliable bigs who could rebound and stretch the floor. Instead Kerr was running out Moody as a PF in some lineups. Last year they had Otto Porter Jr and Bjelica who played awesome at times when needed. That’s gave them 4 bigs who would also contribute offensively.

Them being able to shoot also further spaces the floor. It gives guys like Steph, Klay and Poole more wiggle room to get cleaner looks because the bigs can’t just sag off their man.

I guess they thought JaMychal Green would help. Who should they have brought in?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does, but there is incentive for him to secure more money through a multi-year deal.
possibly. im not sure hes valued around the league as he is on the warriors. i cant see him getting 23 mil per year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly. im not sure hes valued around the league as he is on the warriors. i cant see him getting 23 mil per year.

He's definitely declining the option. He's due 27 mil next season. No matter what he gets on a new contract, whether its 23 mil or less, the total value will be more than 27 mil. It's not worth the risk of picking up the 27 mil option, getting hurt or playing even worse, and then getting a contract well below what he could get this summer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been bad the whole series except for Game 2. Kerr needs to make the tough decisions.

You can’t tell a shooter not to shoot.

That is terrible coaching.

Especially a guy like Klay who is a make away from going on a hot a streak and getting you back in it

You can talk about shot selection and possibly adjust minutes when playing poorly, but can’t say not to shoot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not wrong, though. I said the blame is either on Klay or for Kerr continuing to play Klay. Even assuming that Kerr is right, Klay's performance is the biggest factor to losing the series from the Warriors end. 3/19 shooting in this game. Look at his shooting stats in the other games.

Klay’s shooting may have been the biggest factor in losing this series.

But yeah, you are most definitely wrong.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they thought JaMychal Green would help. Who should they have brought in?
It’s not just about who they could have brought in but it’s also the failure to develop internally. For some reason Anthony Lamb was getting major minutes all year when those should have gone to Kuminga. With those extra reps they should have been able to find a spot for him in this series.

Also you can’t tell me that Lamb was a better 15th man choice than Boogie Cousins. Those are just off the top of my head but I’ll have to think longer about other options.

Also I’m glad the Warriors have GP2 back, but when they traded Wiseman for him it created a redundancy with DDV. Then they became super guard heavy.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay’s shooting may have been the biggest factor in losing this series.

But yeah, you are most definitely wrong.

How am I wrong when I gave that either/or scenario and you state that Klay's shooting may have been the biggest factor?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not just about who they could have brought in but it’s also the failure to develop internally. For some reason Anthony Lamb was getting major minutes all year when those should have gone to Kuminga. With those extra reps they should have been able to find a spot for him in this series.

Also you can’t tell me that Lamb was a better 15th man choice than Boogie Cousins. Those are just off the top of my head but I’ll have to think longer about other options.

Also I’m glad the Warriors have GP2 back, but when they traded Wiseman for him it created a redundancy with DDV. Then they became super guard heavy.

All the minutes for Lamb made no sense, especially since Kerr didn't trust Lamb in the playoffs. Maybe Kerr is bad at developing young talent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I wrong when I gave that either/or scenario and you state that Klay's shooting may have been the biggest factor?

Because you can’t just bench a key player because his shot is off.

Especially a streaky shooter like Klay who is 1 make away from his next heater.

It just never came.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the minutes for Lamb made no sense, especially since Kerr didn't trust Lamb in the playoffs. Maybe Kerr is bad at developing young talent.

That isn’t a maybe at this point.

He is most definitely bad at it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the Lakers took care of business tonight. Had me a little nervous when they lost that early 14 point lead but the rest of the game the Warriors were playing catch up and their threes were not falling. Live by the three and die by the three,