• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early 2013 Preseason Top 25s

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figured it's appropriate we have this thread

here's mine for now(if I don't forget anyone)

1. Alabama- they have taken some losses, but they need to be beaten before I drop them.
2. Stanford- became really good late in the year with Hogan at QB, had they had him at QB all year they would have been in the championship game.
3. Ohio State- only unbeaten of 2012, some losses on defense moves them to number 3 though.
4. Oregon- they lose Chip Kelly, but Helfrich is the man to take over and continue this programs success.
5. Texas A&M- return a lot of important players, but lose their amazing left tackle, along with some recievers and members of the defense, can they repeat beating Bama?
6. Notre Dame- they got pretty badly exposed against Alabama in the title game, they lose Manti Te'o and their running backs but return a lot of players, I feel like this may be too high for them but there's hardly anyone to put in this spot.
7. Clemson- they got Tajh Boyd back which is huge, Hopkins and Ellington are big losses but this team finally picked up the win they needed over LSU in the bowl game to prove this program legit.
8. Oklahoma State- this is likely a whole lot higher than most have them, but besides losing Randle to the draft they return every other important player.
9. TCU- this ranking depends a lot of Pachall, if he returns it's between TCU and Oklahoma State for the Big 12 next year, if not TCU will drop a bit, because Boykin is not much of a passing threat at QB.
10. Georgia- returning Aaron Murray is huge, along with most of their entire offense, they'll need it because they lost a lot of important players on their defense that was questionable at times last year when it didn't have 1 or 2 of their now departed players, so they might need to outscore a lot of opponents.
11. Louisville- I had a difficult time putting them here, because while they return almost everyone, they lost to a 5-7 Uconn team, and last year's highly hyped Big East team that had 2 questionable losses and a big BCS bowl win(West Virginia) was a bust.
12. South Carolina- They aren't fully sure on who their QB is, or really who's their running back, plus they took some losses on defense, but they do have Jadeveon Clowney, so that's enough to put them here assuming the rest of the team is somewhat good.
13. Oregon State- Poyer is a big loss on defense and Wheaton on offense is a big loss too, but other than that they return pretty much everyone else from a very surprising team last year, they need to settle on a quarterback though.
14. Northwestern- just about everyone's back for them this year, could we really see Northwestern contend for a BCS bowl?? Their secondary could not possibly be much worse than it was last year so expect that to be the edge for some of their games.
15. Florida- the bowl game against Louisville really looked to be a big indicator that Florida really wasn't as good as their record, they lose their running back who was most of their offense, along with Jordan Reed leaving for the draft, their defense took a lot of hits too, so if the offense is sluggish again the defense won't be able to bail it out as often this year. Don't count them out as a title contender if Driskel manages to improve his passing though.
16. Wisconsin- while they had a lot of bad points last year, they still made the Rose Bowl, and return a good group of running backs, Anderson will be a good coach for this team.
17. Texas- They can return to their old form is David Ash significantly improves and their defense tackles better, we'll wait and see though.
18. Boise State- I'm pretty excited about this team, we return a lot of offense, while we lose Taylor and others in the secondary, I still like the defense to be solid. We finally didn't have much staff turnover this year, last time we didn't we finished the season unbeaten.
19. Mississippi- Hugh Freeze is doing an amazing job with this program, led them to an unexpected bowl game last year and yet returns around 20 starters this year, Ole Miss is taking another step up in the SEC this year. This isn't even considering the great recruiting class they're bringing in.
20. Oklahoma- lots of players gone after they struggled as it was last year, this might be a tough year for Oklahoma, but I could also see Bell playing really well and leading this team to a surprise season, but we'll see.
21. Baylor- they were as hot as any team at the end of last year, while they will need to replace Florence, their offense should still be very difficult to stop, but their defense actually played good late last year, outside shot they could win the Big 12.
22. Arizona State- they return a lot of good players, Graham has been surprisingly good here.
23. LSU- they lose just about everyone, just about an entire exodus from this team, for the fact that they are LSU and have been consistently good lately is the only reason I ranked them.
24. Washington- if the offense improves this team is very dangerous.
25. Florida State- they were finally good last year and won a BCS bowl, unfortunately, EJ Manuel along with a lot of their talented defense have now left. There's a good chance they fall backward again.

Also considered:
UCLA- they were a surprise last year, they lose Franklin though and he was big for their offense, also ended the year weakly
Miami(fl)- they should be good, but what sanctions will they recieve?
Northern Illinois- they return a lot of players actually, but the Orange bowl performance is discouraging.
Rutgers- return a lot but their offense was dreadful in their bowl game, and loses it's best offensive player.
Nebraska- their offense should be good, but will it be good enough? Their defense was pretty bad last year, and loses several starters, so question is will they stop anyone? or could the defensive turnover prove beneficial?
Fresno State- were good last year, and return a lot of those starters, but laid an egg in their bowl and lose Robbie Rouse.
North Carolina- losing Bernard hurts though
Virginia Tech- they can't possibly be as bad as they were last year can they?
ECU- potential sleeper team, but needs to win some big non-conference games.
Kansas State- lose a lot but can't fully count out Bill Snyder.
USC- I only mention them because they're apparently ranked in some Top 25s, they lose Barkeley(and played very crappy without him) and Lane Kiffin's still their coach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, but no way LSU is 23.

And why isn't USC #1!!!:laugh3:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Florida lose their DC?

I hope yall ready for Bama to win back2back2back titles, cause our schedule sucks again...:laugh:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Florida lose their DC?

I hope yall ready for Bama to win back2back2back titles, cause our schedule sucks again...:laugh:
Is bama dodging all of the good SEC East teams again?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBSSports has A&M #1. Not sure I quite buy that, but we should be good again. We are losing Joekel and Swope. Ourbest vertical WR is back as well as Matthews on the line. Our biggest loss might be our OC. I'd put us around 4-5, so good call on that one. Bad news is that we always start out slow early in the season. Can't do that next year!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBSSports has A&M #1. Not sure I quite buy that, but we should be good again. We are losing Joekel and Swope. Ourbest vertical WR is back as well as Matthews on the line. Our biggest loss might be our OC. I'd put us around 4-5, so good call on that one. Bad news is that we always start out slow early in the season. Can't do that next year!

I think you guys are gonna be very good, but I don't think Manziel beats us twice..lol.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we dodge SCAR. But we played UGA last year, and UF isn't really a good team.

SECCG counts.

just watch out for ole Chip Kelly sir

rumor has it he's trying to pluck Kirby Smart from you guys

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ Clemson above USC - when will you people ever learn?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list.

The one thing you missed badly on is that it's HUSKERZ FER CHAMPZ in 2013.

Highly advise examining Nebraska's schedule. Will give you a good chuckle.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watch out for ole Chip Kelly sir

rumor has it he's trying to pluck Kirby Smart from you guys

Yeah he's trying, but our insiders have said that Smart hasn't interviewed with the Eagles, and some of our big recruits have tweeted that he isn't going anywhere. Recruits that he just had in-home visits with this week fwiw. I'm guessing he eased their fears during his visit...hopefully.

So hopefully we won't lose him. Who knows though, I'm still eager to hear more or the Eagles hire someone else. I really feel like Kirby won't leave until he gets offered a big HC job.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list.

The one thing you missed badly on is that it's HUSKERZ FER CHAMPZ in 2013.

Highly advise examining Nebraska's schedule. Will give you a good chuckle.

LOL!! was a good chuckle, if their defense gets just a little better they could run the table LOL

I try to ignore schedules when it comes to my rankings though

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's trying, but our insiders have said that Smart hasn't interviewed with the Eagles, and some of our big recruits have tweeted that he isn't going anywhere. Recruits that he just had in-home visits with this week fwiw. I'm guessing he eased their fears during his visit...hopefully.

So hopefully we won't lose him. Who knows though, I'm still eager to hear more or the Eagles hire someone else. I really feel like Kirby won't leave until he gets offered a big HC job.

you never know considering Kelly visited a recruits house two days before leaving. Smart could be tempted to go to the NFL if offered, but it's definitely a wait and see kind of thing so far. Just heard the Eagles were interested is all so far.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

convinced.gif