• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early 2013 Preseason Top 25s

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Ole Miss at 19, ten you gave them out. What is your reasoning??

I mean Preseason I wouldn't of had them in top 25, but why the change??

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Ole Miss at 19, ten you gave them out. What is your reasoning??

I mean Preseason I wouldn't of had them in top 25, but why the change??

I realized I had ranked them that high because I bought too much into the hype of players who haven't played a down of college football yet

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but Michigan is undoubtedly a top 25 team.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell's success will be the key factor for Oklahoma's season, he could turn out to be like a Cam Newton and Oklahoma could be a championship contender, or he could end up like a Logan Thomas and Oklahoma will suddenly find themselves having a really bad season for their standards.

OU has bigger problems than whether Bell plays well or not.

Their defense is a MAJOR problem. Many of you don't know this, but they were the worst run defense of the Big 12 last year, even worse than Texas was. And they lost half their secondary.

OU is in bigger trouble than many care to admit. I watched their spring game. I saw nothing outside of their WRs to get excited about. Bell was not good.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but Michigan is undoubtedly a top 25 team.

I kinda forgot about them, and was too lazy to fix my poll, so I threw them in the close category, I'll say they're the first one out.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has bigger problems than whether Bell plays well or not.

Their defense is a MAJOR problem. Many of you don't know this, but they were the worst run defense of the Big 12 last year, even worse than Texas was. And they lost half their secondary.

OU is in bigger trouble than many care to admit. I watched their spring game. I saw nothing outside of their WRs to get excited about. Bell was not good.

Yes, anyone who watched them get gashed on the ground by UTEP in their season opener last year knew that sir

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, anyone who watched them get gashed on the ground by UTEP in their season opener last year knew that sir

Maybe YOU know that. But not these fools in the media that just blindly rank OU in the preseason top 10 with NO IDEA who's actually on the roster.

Their defense has been slowly going down hill for the last 4 or 5 years. There are even grumblings that Stoops is wearing out his welcome among some of the fans.......with several key players/recruits jumping ship, drug busts, players dying, and open revolt in the locker room........there have been some issues at OU.

Just my biased opinion, but I think they'll struggle this year. The only thing that will keep them decently ranked is the fact that the rest of the conference will be down as well. IMO they are middle of the conference right now.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU's gonna be in yo top 25 by mid season. :suds:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figured it's appropriate we have this thread

here's mine for now(if I don't forget anyone)

1. Alabama- they have taken some losses, but they need to be beaten before I drop them.
2. Stanford- became really good late in the year with Hogan at QB, had they had him at QB all year they would have been in the championship game.
3. Ohio State- only unbeaten of 2012, some losses on defense moves them to number 3 though.
4. Oregon- they lose Chip Kelly, but Helfrich is the man to take over and continue this programs success.
5. Texas A&M- return a lot of important players, but lose their amazing left tackle, along with some recievers and members of the defense, can they repeat beating Bama?
6. Notre Dame- they got pretty badly exposed against Alabama in the title game, they lose Manti Te'o and their running backs but return a lot of players, I feel like this may be too high for them but there's hardly anyone to put in this spot.
7. Clemson- they got Tajh Boyd back which is huge, Hopkins and Ellington are big losses but this team finally picked up the win they needed over LSU in the bowl game to prove this program legit.
8. Oklahoma State- this is likely a whole lot higher than most have them, but besides losing Randle to the draft they return every other important player.
9. TCU- this ranking depends a lot of Pachall, if he returns it's between TCU and Oklahoma State for the Big 12 next year, if not TCU will drop a bit, because Boykin is not much of a passing threat at QB.
10. Georgia- returning Aaron Murray is huge, along with most of their entire offense, they'll need it because they lost a lot of important players on their defense that was questionable at times last year when it didn't have 1 or 2 of their now departed players, so they might need to outscore a lot of opponents.
11. Louisville- I had a difficult time putting them here, because while they return almost everyone, they lost to a 5-7 Uconn team, and last year's highly hyped Big East team that had 2 questionable losses and a big BCS bowl win(West Virginia) was a bust.
12. South Carolina- They aren't fully sure on who their QB is, or really who's their running back, plus they took some losses on defense, but they do have Jadeveon Clowney, so that's enough to put them here assuming the rest of the team is somewhat good.
13. Oregon State- Poyer is a big loss on defense and Wheaton on offense is a big loss too, but other than that they return pretty much everyone else from a very surprising team last year, they need to settle on a quarterback though.
14. Northwestern- just about everyone's back for them this year, could we really see Northwestern contend for a BCS bowl?? Their secondary could not possibly be much worse than it was last year so expect that to be the edge for some of their games.
15. Florida- the bowl game against Louisville really looked to be a big indicator that Florida really wasn't as good as their record, they lose their running back who was most of their offense, along with Jordan Reed leaving for the draft, their defense took a lot of hits too, so if the offense is sluggish again the defense won't be able to bail it out as often this year. Don't count them out as a title contender if Driskel manages to improve his passing though.
16. Wisconsin- while they had a lot of bad points last year, they still made the Rose Bowl, and return a good group of running backs, Anderson will be a good coach for this team.
17. Texas- They can return to their old form is David Ash significantly improves and their defense tackles better, we'll wait and see though.
18. Boise State- I'm pretty excited about this team, we return a lot of offense, while we lose Taylor and others in the secondary, I still like the defense to be solid. We finally didn't have much staff turnover this year, last time we didn't we finished the season unbeaten.
19. Mississippi- Hugh Freeze is doing an amazing job with this program, led them to an unexpected bowl game last year and yet returns around 20 starters this year, Ole Miss is taking another step up in the SEC this year. This isn't even considering the great recruiting class they're bringing in.
20. Oklahoma- lots of players gone after they struggled as it was last year, this might be a tough year for Oklahoma, but I could also see Bell playing really well and leading this team to a surprise season, but we'll see.
21. Baylor- they were as hot as any team at the end of last year, while they will need to replace Florence, their offense should still be very difficult to stop, but their defense actually played good late last year, outside shot they could win the Big 12.
22. Arizona State- they return a lot of good players, Graham has been surprisingly good here.
23. LSU- they lose just about everyone, just about an entire exodus from this team, for the fact that they are LSU and have been consistently good lately is the only reason I ranked them.
24. Washington- if the offense improves this team is very dangerous.
25. Florida State- they were finally good last year and won a BCS bowl, unfortunately, EJ Manuel along with a lot of their talented defense have now left. There's a good chance they fall backward again.

Also considered:
UCLA- they were a surprise last year, they lose Franklin though and he was big for their offense, also ended the year weakly
Miami(fl)- they should be good, but what sanctions will they recieve?
Northern Illinois- they return a lot of players actually, but the Orange bowl performance is discouraging.
Rutgers- return a lot but their offense was dreadful in their bowl game, and loses it's best offensive player.
Nebraska- their offense should be good, but will it be good enough? Their defense was pretty bad last year, and loses several starters, so question is will they stop anyone? or could the defensive turnover prove beneficial?
Fresno State- were good last year, and return a lot of those starters, but laid an egg in their bowl and lose Robbie Rouse.
North Carolina- losing Bernard hurts though
Virginia Tech- they can't possibly be as bad as they were last year can they?
ECU- potential sleeper team, but needs to win some big non-conference games.
Kansas State- lose a lot but can't fully count out Bill Snyder.
USC- I only mention them because they're apparently ranked in some Top 25s, they lose Barkeley(and played very crappy without him) and Lane Kiffin's still their coach.

I don't get having Oklahoma State at 8, and Texas at 17. Texas beat them last year at OSU. Texas had a better season than them last year. Texas returns more starters than they do. And this somehow equals Oklahoma State being ranked 9 spots higher:wtf2:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get having Oklahoma State at 8, and Texas at 17. Texas beat them last year at OSU. Texas had a better season than them last year. Texas returns more starters than they do. And this somehow equals Oklahoma State being ranked 9 spots higher:wtf2:

I've said it multiple times here........most of these people have no idea who is on these rosters, what they lost, who they have coming back, and what realistic expectations for them are.

The Big 12 ON PAPER should come down to TCU and Texas. Everyone else is in a rebuild. But games aren't played on paper.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it multiple times here........most of these people have no idea who is on these rosters, what they lost, who they have coming back, and what realistic expectations for them are.

The Big 12 ON PAPER should come down to TCU and Texas. Everyone else is in a rebuild. But games aren't played on paper.

I wanted to rank Texas higher but the disappointments of their past few seasons keeps me from doing so, heck on paper Texas should be competing for the championship

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to rank Texas higher but the disappointments of their past few seasons keeps me from doing so, heck on paper Texas should be competing for the championship

That's good and well, but OSU had a worse season, lost to Texas, and has a QB controversy going on right now with one player trying to transfer. There really isn't a justification for them being ranked higher.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll be behind Ohio State, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Nebraska

They'll beat Nebraska and NW this year, IMO. That is based on their offensive line gelling. Devin Gardner is the best QB in that division, and Michigan also has the best defense based on talent and coaching.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good and well, but OSU had a worse season, lost to Texas, and has a QB controversy going on right now with one player trying to transfer. There really isn't a justification for them being ranked higher.

You could say better coaching, lately Gundy has been better at getting his team ready in the offseason than Brown has

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll beat Nebraska and NW this year, IMO. That is based on their offensive line gelling. Devin Gardner is the best QB in that division, and Michigan also has the best defense based on talent and coaching.

clowney.0_standard_352.0.gif

telling by this play that offensive line has some work to do LOL. They didn't block Clowney!! That's the number one thing you have to do when you play South Carolina.

This isn't really relevant though, just an excuse to use that gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
figured it's appropriate we have this thread

here's mine for now(if I don't forget anyone)

1. Alabama- they have taken some losses, but they need to be beaten before I drop them.

12. South Carolina- They aren't fully sure on who their QB is, or really who's their running back, plus they took some losses on defense, but they do have Jadeveon Clowney, so that's enough to put them here assuming the rest of the team is somewhat good.
19. Mississippi- Hugh Freeze is doing an amazing job with this program, led them to an unexpected bowl game last year and yet returns around 20 starters this year, Ole Miss is taking another step up in the SEC this year. This isn't even considering the great recruiting class they're bringing in.
23. LSU- they lose just about everyone, just about an entire exodus from this team, for the fact that they are LSU and have been consistently good lately is the only reason I ranked them.

Thx for taking the time to post this thread. Here are the teams that I would like to talk about from your quote...

Bama - Going to make this one short. Our biggest losses were on the Oline and in the secondary. We will be very talented and deep at safety but your Cornerbacks aren't as big as they have been in the past and will have to show they can play shut down bump and run in order for us to do the numerous blitz schemes we like to run. We also lost a good bit on both lines but have a lot of veteran talent behind them that could have started last year but were waiting their turn. On the line the biggest guy that needs to step up, literally, is our noseguard Ivory. We will still be Bama running the ball a lot but look out for our passing attack we have prob the most overall talented and deepest WR group in all of college football as well as a vet QB who can spread the ball around.

I could go on and on but I really came here to talk about the other teams on your list.

South Carolina - should be a very good team in 2013. They do have a solid QB in Connor Shaw (not to mention a talented backup QB) that will grow even more under Spurrier's tutelage. If they can get their center on page with the rest of the returning Olineman they will have one of the better Olines in football. Mike Davis should have a great year running the ball and should be considered in every FF league. They will also need some WRs to step up but Shaq Roland can be that guy.

LSU - is way too low on your list. It was a mass exodus on defense but they still have more talent there then most other teams that you have listed above them, its the depth that will get to them as they go through one of the tougher SEC schedules having to play both UF and @ UGA from the east to go along with TAMU and @ Bama from the west, not to mention they start the year off with a pretty good Big 12 team TCU. Guy you need to know DT Anthony Johnson.

On the offensive side of the ball if the O coordinator can get Mett playing at level that many anticipated last year then they could be dangerous. They will have a solid Oline that got a lot of experience filling in for their often banged up Oline last year. If Hill ends up coming back (legal issues) they will have a great trio of rbs between Hill, Blue, and Hilliard. To boost they will also have one of the best WR groups in the nation with Odell Beckham, Landry and Boone as well as a JC guy named Leslie that could come in right away and contribute.

If it was just for starting talent alone this would be a top 10 team on paper but bc all of the rankings take advantage schedule and depth they should prob sit around 15 or so.

I just don't think Ole Miss has the starting talent, depth, or QB consistency to do much this year. They may make the top 25 a few times but will lose enough to keep pushing them out. They could surprise a team like LSU or Texas but then lose to teams like Auburn or Vandy. The one good thing going for them is they are returning 4 olineman and got a really solid one in recruiting, Tunsil, so their offense does have a base from which to work from. Still too many other holes. That great recruiting class needs a year or two to mature, as well as some other talent around it.