• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way to early CFP picks.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got?

1. Florida State - They have a stacked team coming back next year coming off a national championships victory. Winston will be back to run the offense but they also have some holes to fill. FSU has a good crop on incoming Freshmen that will hopefully fill the void. They will need to replace six starters on the defense, most of the guys coming in to fill the starting roles have had playing time. Fisher is a damn good coach, he showed that last year coming away with an undefeated season.

2. Ohio State - I think the Bucks bounce back after back to back losses to end the season, but never count out great coaching, they get back B. Miller at qb, and most of their ball handlers, they will have to fix some holes up front, they will need to tweak the defense, they are losing their stud LB. they have a good shot at running the B10 table next year.

3. Oklahoma - With the Sooners coming off a big time win vs Bama to end the season strong they will need it to carry over into next year with TK returning to handle the offense. They have most of the defense returning and they will need a good CB to step up and fill Colvins shoes. As long as The Sooners play with a chip on their shoulder and don't get comfortable, they should have a good run next year.

4. Oregon - This one was a little tricky, cause their are a lot of good teams coming back next year, and this is a "way to early" thread. That considered a lot of things can change. Oregon is coming off a 11-2 season with 1st year HC Mark Helfrich, they are returning most of the offense including starting QB Marcus Mariota. They will return a good chunk of the D and have some good guys coming in, they will be replacing their defensive coordinator who is retiring.

GeauxBaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. FSU

2. LSU

3. Oklahoma

4. Ohio State

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got?

1. Florida State - They have a stacked team coming back next year coming off a national championships victory. Winston will be back to run the offense but they also have some holes to fill. FSU has a good crop on incoming Freshmen that will hopefully fill the void. They will need to replace six starters on the defense, most of the guys coming in to fill the starting roles have had playing time. Fisher is a damn good coach, he showed that last year coming away with an undefeated season.

2. Ohio State - I think the Bucks bounce back after back to back losses to end the season, but never count out great coaching, they get back B. Miller at qb, and most of their ball handlers, they will have to fix some holes up front, they will need to tweak the defense, they are losing their stud LB. they have a good shot at running the B10 table next year.

3. Oklahoma - With the Sooners coming off a big time win vs Bama to end the season strong they will need it to carry over into next year with TK returning to handle the offense. They have most of the defense returning and they will need a good CB to step up and fill Colvins shoes. As long as The Sooners play with a chip on their shoulder and don't get comfortable, they should have a good run next year.

4. Oregon - This one was a little tricky, cause their are a lot of good teams coming back next year, and this is a "way to early" thread. That considered a lot of things can change. Oregon is coming off a 11-2 season with 1st year HC Mark Helfrich, they are returning most of the offense including starting QB Marcus Mariota. They will return a good chunk of the D and have some good guys coming in, they will be replacing their defensive coordinator who is retiring.

Correction FSU has 5 defensive people to replace, but we are gaining a starter back from this past year who wet down with an injury(Tyler Hunter). The biggest position to fill on Defense is trying to replace Timmy Jernigan. Hunter will take Joyner's spot at the nickel position. He is very experienced and hits like a ton of bricks. LB corp should be about he same with plug and play guys.

On Offense we should(operative word) be better than this past year. The Center e are replacing is being replace by the guy who started before him. Our RBs will lose nothing due to having Karlos Williams as the veteran and the other RBs in the stable. Our WRs will take a hit due to Kelvin Benjamin leaving, but we still have the overall best WR in the group coming back and we will be getting another good WR coming back from injury. THe biggest loss is that 6'5" Kelvin Benjamin. THank god Nick O'Leary came back and so did the rest of the OL minus the center.

Should be another good year I am hoping. And with the recruits already enrolled or coming in going to be a fun year to watch some battles for starting positions.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another year of the "no huddle read option". Pac12 defenses are beginning to figure this "shell game" out. I cannot believe Oregon can just continue to line up this offense every year and continue to put up huge numbers. No dis-respect to the Ducks for they have destroyed Ds for years now, but they will have to mix up their play calling or Pac D's are going to stop them in their tracks finally.

Good test for their HC to expand Mariota's ways of hurting Ds. I still think this kid is the best in the Nation when healthy.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got?

I will believe a playoff without an SEC team when I see it, but we are all entitled to an opinion.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will believe a playoff without an SEC team when I see it, but we are all entitled to an opinion.

Yeah I noticed that after I posted the thread. :noidea: Like I said they are "way to early" picks.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year of the "no huddle read option". Pac12 defenses are beginning to figure this "shell game" out. I cannot believe Oregon can just continue to line up this offense every year and continue to put up huge numbers. No dis-respect to the Ducks for they have destroyed Ds for years now, but they will have to mix up their play calling or Pac D's are going to stop them in their tracks finally.

Good test for their HC to expand Mariota's ways of hurting Ds. I still think this kid is the best in the Nation when healthy.

Defenses have known how to stop Oregon's offense for years, the problem is most don't have the big bodies up front or the athletes in the secondaries to do it.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about this makes me depressed. How long till next season......yawn.

Here are my picks:

1. FSU
2. Oklahoma
3. LSU (just have a feeling about this one for some reason)
4. Oregon or Stanford, whoever wins the H2H.

FSU would beat Oregon and Oklahoma gets by LSU. FSU goes back to back and Famous Jameis rides into the NFL having won back to back Heismans and NC's.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU (Stacked)
Alabama (Saban)
Texas (Just a gut feeling, very little logic to it)
Oregon

I think there is some controversy when they pick one-loss Oregon over one-loss Wisconsin and two-loss LSU. LSU will have beaten us, and we would have won out against the rest of our cupcake schedule. LSU would have lost to Alabama and Auburn, but have more quality wins than either Oregon or us, plus a head-to-head win.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 years of Kelly as OC 4 years of head coach and 1 year with Helfrich still running it, and they are "beginning" to figure it out?
The only thing that was stopping Oregon was Oregon's own limitations physical or mental.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got?

O-bias.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im calling it right now 2 SEC teams get in the CFB playoff and this message board goes balistic.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years of Kelly as OC 4 years of head coach and 1 year with Helfrich still running it, and they are "beginning" to figure it out?
The only thing that was stopping Oregon was Oregon's own limitations physical or mental.

I'd be cautious about assuming that.

Oregon lost two of their last 4 regular season, one (Arizona) being by 26 points.

Oregon beating Texas in a bowl game was the equivalent of Nebraska beating Georgia in theirs.

I certainly wouldn't assume Nebraska has 'figured it out', or that they've put their limitations behind them.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. FSU(12-1)
2. UCLA(12-1)
3. Auburn(12-1)
4. Oklahoma(11-1)

Just missed:
Alabama(10-2) *win over Auburn
Ohio State(10-2)
Stanford(10-3)
Florida(10-3)

It's way to early, so who knows...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. FSU(12-1)
2. UCLA(12-1)
3. Auburn(12-1)
4. Oklahoma(11-1)

Just missed:
Alabama(10-2) *win over Auburn
Ohio State(10-2)
Stanford(10-3)
Florida(10-3)

It's way to early, so who knows...

did they fire Muschamp or something?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. FSU (13-0)
2. Alabama(12-1) loss to LSU
3. Oregon (12-1) loss to Stanford
4. Oklahoma (11-1) loss to Baylor

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFP Semis

Sugar: 1 Florida State vs 4 Alabama

Rose: 2 Oregon vs 3 Ohio State

@ Large and tie in CFP games

Fiesta: UCLA vs Michigan State

Peach: LSU vs Marshall (the one automatic qualifier for "other" conferences)

Cotton: Auburn vs Oklahoma

Orange: Va Tech vs Georgia