• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watch Mike Riley during the Michigan State game

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walk ons on 2 deep - TEN for Huskers, THREE for Purdue

Average star ranking separated by .04

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly believe we are like 2 really good DEs away from being a decent team. it's amazing what a few good players can do and the lack of pass rush on our defense is just killing this team. if you really watch the DBs they are doing a decent job for the first few seconds (most of the time, maybe not all the time but most of the time), it's when the QB gets 4, 5, 6 seconds that they start getting separation. Blough had all freakin day to the throw the ball, you just can't ask people to cover that long. Gangwish and Dzuris are fine as a backup to play a few series every now and then, but they shouldn't be our main guys. I love both of them and they have the heart you need, just not the edge rushers this defense so badly needs.

offensively, it really falls on the o-line, i think the WRs are there, we could use an RB with better vision, but we have talent there. QB, Fyfe or TA would be fine if this o-line could block.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, we battled all the way to the very bitter end against 5 teams before Purdue that were better than Purdue, and beat the piss out of another team that was better than Purdue.

We just plain and simply went to Purdue and got our asses kicked because the majority of the guys out there don't care anymore.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walk-ons are not given ratings. So every one or 2 star Purdue player gives them points over Nebraska walk-ons. Even though they may be equal players, they are not rated the same. Therefore those ratings are skewed.

You originally said the Huskers had 50 walk-ons starting anyway.

Nebraska high school talent is rated 19th compared to Indiana's 26th.
Overall state football rankings

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else realize that Riley has coordinators and position coaches. His demeanor on the field has nothing to do with the players morale. Look at Snyder some time.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, we battled all the way to the very bitter end against 5 teams before Purdue that were better than Purdue, and beat the piss out of another team that was better than Purdue.

We just plain and simply went to Purdue and got our asses kicked because the majority of the guys realized they were on a 3-5 team.

FIFY

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else realize that Riley has coordinators and position coaches. His demeanor on the field has nothing to do with the players morale. Look at Snyder some time.
I don't know if I plorst this right
but it seems like Riley is a systematic coach and not a players coach

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just made your thread

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk-ons are not given ratings. So every one or 2 star Purdue player gives them points over Nebraska walk-ons. Even though they may be equal players, they are not rated the same. Therefore those ratings are skewed.

You originally said the Huskers had 50 walk-ons starting anyway.

Nebraska high school talent is rated 19th compared to Indiana's 26th.
Overall state football rankings
On that chart, walk ons are given a value of 5.0, so they are not gaining very much with a 1 or 2 star. They are on the low end of this description:
  • 5.4-5.0 Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not arguing "OMG PURDUE HAS MORE TALENT THAN US!"...this sort of thing has value, but clearly does not tell the WHOLE story.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys who am I

"IM GONNA THROW STATS AT YOU AND ARGUE TO I'M BLUE IN THE FACE, BUT IF YOU POST STATS I WONT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THEM AND PRETEND THAT THEY ARE DUMB JUST LIKE YOU ARE"

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the teams were about equal in star ratings.

That leaves only one thing left as the difference maker, the coaches.

The Purdue coaches watched film and saw that the Nebraska defense left the QB all alone on 3rd down pass plays. So, those coaches ran Blough on third down.

The Nebraska coaches might have watched film and saw that the Purdue rush defense was last in the B1G and 99th against the rush in the country. Yet threw the ball on EVERY third down play and called more than 50 pass plays, some of which turned into losses so they become a running play.

Remember what the coaches said after Newby ran for almost 200 yards against Southern Alabama?

“We had talked about that (Friday) and we thought that (having one main ball carrier) might be important,” Riley said. “He’s a guy that we thought was our first-string back and we thought maybe one thing we needed to do better was give him the ball and let him stay in the game and maybe find a better rhythm.

Having one main ball carrier is something Riley usually had during his tenure at Oregon State.

“We have for most of our lives been like that with a back, giving him the ball 30 times a game, something like that,” he said. “Recently it’s been a little different, last year only and here because this team has good depth with backs. We wanted to take a look at what that might be like if we rotated until last week.

Sort of makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................