• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington's new team name: Washington Commanders!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogs

all they needed to do was be the Hogs

Warthogs, Red Hogs, whatever
Even other color hogs are better.

Brown Hogs, Blue Hogs, Orange Hogs, Vermillion Hogs.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even other color hogs are better.

Brown Hogs, Blue Hogs, Orange Hogs, Vermillion Hogs.
they don't need to be colored at all!

it's just hilarious how poorly was botched

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They picked a name that very few actually liked. Then they got the dates of the Super Bowl teams wrong on the re-brand.

They announced the retiring of Sean Taylor's jersey 3 days before the event, in a rushed desperate move to deflect from the sexual harassment investigation that was ongoing,. Then they took a pic of Sean's family along the new Sean Taylor Drive in front of a bunch of porta potties.

Snyder tried to intimidate the victims of the sexual harassment scandal into not testifying and the league said nothing to see here.

They put London Fletcher's name up in the Ring of Fame and spelled it Flecher.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what we have endured in Washington, 25 years of this nonsense on top of all the losing,

I didn't go and dig into that...but I am not surprised.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they don't need to be colored at all!

it's just hilarious how poorly was botched
I really do think that Snyder just wants to piss everyone off. Not even kidding.

He's worth 4 billion dollars. he doesn't care about, and can weather any losses here. He feels wronged by the fans and the league. So he's just going to take a dump on top of one of a cherished franchise and watch it burn.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Redskins to the people who killed the Redskins, gotta love it.

Most uninspired team name since Washington Wizards?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think that Snyder just wants to piss everyone off. Not even kidding.

He's worth 4 billion dollars. he doesn't care about, and can weather any losses here. He feels wronged by the fans and the league. So he's just going to take a dump on top of one of a cherished franchise and watch it burn.
I really do feel bad for my friends who are fans of the team...they just keep getting bent over by management.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington just has TERRIBLE team names

Capitals, Nationals, Wizards, Commanders

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh it really bothers him that he is hated so much. And he does want his team to win, he has shown that. The problem is he is one of the biggest dicks in the world and made his fortune by being this way.

A gardener said "good morning" to his wife and the company was told to either fire him or they lose the contract. When he purchased the team a 30 year season ticket holder went up to shake his hand and was pushed away by his security guard and was told "Mr. Snyder does not like to be approached".

These are the people who own this team.. Intimidating the sexual harassment victims was the final of a million straws for me. I stopped watching and stopped caring, I can now longer support his team. Rooting for a loser sucks, let me tell you not even having a team sucks worse.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing wrong with the first 2, third is OK with me. Commanders sounds like an XFL team. We had "Skins" what will the short word for Commanders be? Commies?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it really bothers him that he is hated so much. And he does want his team to win, he has shown that. The problem is he is one of the biggest dicks in the world and made his fortune by being this way.

A gardener said "good morning" to his wife and the company was told to either fire him or they lose the contract. When he purchased the team a 30 year season ticket holder went up to shake his hand and was pushed away by his security guard and was told "Mr. Snyder does not like to be approached".

These are the people who own this team.. Intimidating the victims was the final of a million straws for me. I stopped watching and stopped caring, I can now longer support his team. Rooting for a loser sucks, let me tell you not even having a team sucks worse.
Maybe before.

He thinks he's the smartest man in the room, and was trying to win his way before.

Now, since the league punished him, I think he might be in it for the pain.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe before.

He thinks he's the smartest man in the room, and was trying to win his way before.

Now, since the league punished him, I think he might be in it for the pain.

What punishment? A $10 million fine (when people were screaming for his removal and small change for him) and told to divest himself from the team for a year or whatever. Meanwhile he is right there at every game and front and center in the Sean Taylor jersey retirement ceremony so he is obviously still actively involved.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with the first 2, third is OK with me. Commanders sounds like an XFL team. We had "Skins" what will the short word for Commanders be? Commies?
Wizards is dumb....like....why? Makes no sense to me.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What punishment? A $10 million fine (when people were screaming for his removal and small change for him) and told to divest himself from the team for a year or whatever. Meanwhile he is right there at every game and front and center in the Sean Taylor jersey retirement ceremony so he is obviously still actively involved.
Yeah, it wasn't much of a punishment to him in reality.

You pointed out up thread how ruthless he can be at any hint of insult.

Maybe the embarrassment of it all was enough for him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all they could come up with ? The commanders ?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quick question for you and others alike. Did you think the redskins should have had to change their name?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With an equally great/embarrassing nickname for that team name. Wiz, meet the Commies!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess...

but I cheer for a team called the Phillies, so what do I know?

LOL. My teams include the LA Lakers, LA Dodgers (Trolley Dodgers), Buffalo Bills, Syracuse Orange.....not much sense made there (Lakers due to a move, Dodgers due to a move and being outdated, Bills is corny, and Orange was Orangemen...clearly a slur issue).