• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington's new team name: Washington Commanders!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha...that address on Sacramento St in the OP, is a P.O. Box Rental /Notary/UPS/DHL mailing business 1 block away from where I used to live in the Presidio Heights neighborhood here in SF back in the early 90's.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha...that address on Sacramento St in the OP, is a P.O. Box Rental /Notary/UPS/DHL mailing business 1 block away from where I used to live in the Presidio Heights neighborhood here in SF back in the early 90's.

Stingers up!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Commanders when there were so many other good names to pick from? Sure, it's better than defenders, but it's nowhere near as good as some of their other choices. Red-[insert almost anything] would've been better.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha gay GIF

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had thought The Washington Redwolves....could still keep the same color scheme, make the Redwolves logo on the helmet be kind of a lightning arrow going across the side and the arrow head part of the arrow is actually a wolf head snarling.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Commanders when there were so many other good names to pick from? Sure, it's better than defenders, but it's nowhere near as good as some of their other choices. Red-[insert almost anything] would've been better.
read my recent post about the reasons I think most likely .. on the 'no name' board..

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had thought The Washington Redwolves....could still keep the same color scheme, make the Redwolves logo on the helmet be kind of a lightning arrow going across the side and the arrow head part of the arrow is actually a wolf head snarling.
that WAS the popular fan choice. Jason Wright, team president issued a statement saying the trademark issues would be too cumbersome for years to come with that...Timberwolves etc

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that WAS the popular fan choice. Jason Wright, team president issued a statement saying the trademark issues would be too cumbersome for years to come with that...Timberwolves etc
Yeah I was thinking something like this sideways across the helmet, in the Washington colors, but the mane creates that lightening bolt end of the arrow.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors with the Old Spear Helmet was too logical.
Hell to the Warriors...all that shit.

So washington like, over think much?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was thinking something like this sideways across the helmet, in the Washington colors, but the mane creates that lightening bolt end of the arrow.

there were some incredible designs/logos that fans created and forwarded to Jason Wright with wolves. at this point fanbase is over it and we are pretty much resigned to the fact that it will likely disappoint most.

I could care less at this point and will continue to refer to them as Skins if I hate the name for however long it takes for me to get used to it, if ever

sad thing is JW and RR (who've both had great input into what the name is going to be) will likely be gone in a few years and the fanbase will be stuck with this stupid ass name forever.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it's not terrible and not great. Seems like kind of settling in the middle just so nobody is insulted or mad or whatever.
As for the Redwolves thing, I honestly don't understamd why they thought they had to put red in front of it. Just Wolves would have been perfectly fine, imo. I don't think they would have had any trademark issues and there are a ton of great graphics out there for the logo.