• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington's new team name: Washington Commanders!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking for what? I think he meant the ladies who were allegedly sexually harassed. Thing is it’s a closed case by the nfl. I don’t see Congress getting anywhere with it. There’s no criminal charges that I know of.
but they are near it...there is a committee investigating it

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they are near it...there is a committee investigating it
We’ll see i guess. I’ll bet they get nowhere with it. I’m not defending the little cocksucker either

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll see i guess. I’ll bet they get nowhere with it
if I were you, I would be hoping they do get somewhere with it

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question for you and others alike. Did you think the redskins should have had to change their name?
No.
White Congress went after the name 1st (in the name of Native Americans) & when that didnt work Corporate America went after the name. I wonder how many Native Americans are running corporate America?
Schools on reservations uses Redskins in their own High Schools.
Face it. dumbasses & Corporate America wont be happy until there is no Native Americans representing sports. Just trying to get rid of us.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that bad IMO. In a few years it will be second nature and a non-issue. There likely was some impact from people investing in trademarks for options they might have used otherwise. I take more issue with their lack of a quality logo and uniform design for this new re-branding.
:stephena:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
White Congress went after the name 1st (in the name of Native Americans) & when that didnt work Corporate America went after the name. I wonder how many Native Americans are running corporate America?
Schools on reservations uses Redskins in their own High Schools.
Face it. dumbasses & Corporate America wont be happy until there is no Native Americans representing sports. Just trying to get rid of us.
not true
In 1972, several Native American leaders met with Edward Williams, president of the Redskins in an effort to get the team to change the words to their “Hail to the Redskins” fight song which up until then had contained lyrics such as “scalp ‘um, swamp ‘um, we will take ‘um big score!”. The meeting was a success and the lyrics were amended.

The National Congress of American Indians “demanded” the Redskins change their name way back in 1988. They said back then that the term was “degrading and insulting”. This was 32 years ago. Of the 70+ players currently listed on the Washington Redskins roster, only three had been born when this demand was made.

In 1990, the president of the American Indian Bible College asked NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue “if the NFL were really motivated by ethnic concerns, why would they have a team called the Redskins?”

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not true
In 1972, several Native American leaders met with Edward Williams, president of the Redskins in an effort to get the team to change the words to their “Hail to the Redskins” fight song which up until then had contained lyrics such as “scalp ‘um, swamp ‘um, we will take ‘um big score!”. The meeting was a success and the lyrics were amended.

The National Congress of American Indians “demanded” the Redskins change their name way back in 1988. They said back then that the term was “degrading and insulting”. This was 32 years ago. Of the 70+ players currently listed on the Washington Redskins roster, only three had been born when this demand was made.

In 1990, the president of the American Indian Bible College asked NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue “if the NFL were really motivated by ethnic concerns, why would they have a team called the Redskins?”
actually everything I have said is true.
Native Americans have gone to sports teams asking/demanding they change some things due to their customs. & that has usually been amended by sports teams. I give no fucks about a American Indian Bible college. All races has their woke I need to be upset about something BS.
Bottom line is Redskin isnt a racial Slur. It was used by themselves. It is used in their High Schools. Which would not be happening if it was considered a racial slur.
It was a power trip move for all that is wrong in this country of the look what I did POS people in this world. They literally had to go find Native Americans to be upset about it. Because we werent.
After the Redskins they will go after the next Native American themed name.
They will figure out a way to have that name be something wrong & will go & find some Native American to be mad about that so I can hear the congressman that claimed it was the same as the N word. Then told Most NA dont think that at all & he says if even one is offended we need to change the name. Which is total Bullshit.

But the power play is too strong for all the woke sheep out there. & another Native American named team will fall. (granted they will probably pick better name than Washington did but...)

Bottom line. It wasnt a racial slur. The Redskins had to change their name because it is being told it was a racial slur.
They shouldnt have had to change their name. hell Snyder had some actual Chief in his box with him showing support.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Native Americans have gone to sports teams asking/demanding they change some things due to their customs. & that has usually been amended by sports teams. I give no fucks about a American Indian Bible college. All races has their woke I need to be upset about something BS.
Bottom line is Redskin isnt a racial Slur. It was used by themselves. It is used in their High Schools. Which would not be happening if it was considered a racial slur.
It was a power trip move for all that is wrong in this country of the look what I did POS people in this world. They literally had to go find Native Americans to be upset about it. Because we werent.
They will figure out a way to have that name be something wrong & will go & find some Native American to be mad about that so I can hear the congressman that claimed it was the same as the N word. Then told Most NA dont think that at all & he says if even one is offended we need to change the name. Which is total Bullshit.

But the power play is too strong for all the woke sheep out there. & another Native American named team will fall. (granted they will probably pick better name than Washington did but...)

Bottom line. It wasnt a racial slur. The Redskins had to change their name because it is being told it was a racial slur.
They shouldnt have had to change their name. hell Snyder had some actual Chief in his box with him showing support.
Wasn't the dude Snyder had with him a fake Native American?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually have no idea honestly. Merely heard it on a football game. Never searched it, but wouldnt put it past him.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

family-guy-youre-a-big-fat-phony.gif

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogs

all they needed to do was be the Hogs

Warthogs, Red Hogs, whatever
Oh SpaceHogs would have been tits

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putin approves of Washington Commies name

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are smart they'll be emphasizing the Washington on all of their jerseys.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tshirt and slogan i thought of and created only took me a few minutes just imagine having 2 years to think of a name and create merchandise

1643947247407.png1643947264098.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really similar to Washington Comanches. I could see someone trolling to backdoor Redskins merch

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redskins is absolutely a slur. Check Wikipedia or any online dictionary. It is typically noted to be offensive and dated.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is without question the most execrable owner in the game
Someone said it: Snyder acts the way a little kid thinks a rich man would act like on tv.