• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington's new team name: Washington Commanders!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it's not terrible and not great. Seems like kind of settling in the middle just so nobody is insulted or mad or whatever.
As for the Redwolves thing, I honestly don't understamd why they thought they had to put red in front of it. Just Wolves would have been perfectly fine, imo. I don't think they would have had any trademark issues and there are a ton of great graphics out there for the logo.
I agree. But the Redwolves kind of go with their color scheme in the name. I guess that is why I liked it. I didn't even realize Redwolves was one of their options when I said that a little bit ago. So I guess my opinion was on track with their idea list of names.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I for one find this offensive and racist! Here is the definition of a commander:

1. Commander- a person in authority, especially over a body of troops or a military operation.
or
a member of a higher class in some orders of knighthood.

Most people in authority over troops and military operations have been disproportionately white? Don't know of many Knights of medieval times that were not white?
Folks, this name is screaming systemic racism!
I for one really hope those higher up don't let this name slip through!

I'm serious, they are counting on the uneducated to not conduct the proper fact checking on this! Here are just a few examples.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it's not terrible and not great. Seems like kind of settling in the middle just so nobody is insulted or mad or whatever.
As for the Redwolves thing, I honestly don't understamd why they thought they had to put red in front of it. Just Wolves would have been perfectly fine, imo. I don't think they would have had any trademark issues and there are a ton of great graphics out there for the logo.
RedWolves was the number one choice, especially with the under 30 fans who are who the FO should be trying to develop at this point. us older fans are completely jaded lol and many have already left or checked out years ago.

RedWolves exist number 1, a few in the DMV area, also able to keep HTTR with it, also insert easily into our fight song with a few minor changes plus some of the logos that fans developed were truly incredible

actually Wolves is where the trademark issues came MORE into play. no problem with Redwolves,
I agree. But the Redwolves kind of go with their color scheme in the name. I guess that is why I liked it. I didn't even realize Redwolves was one of their options when I said that a little bit ago. So I guess my opinion was on track with their idea list of names.
top choice of fans since we outdent do Warriors which was another trademark issue :tsk:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RedWolves was the number one coach. able to keep HTTR with it, also insert easily into our fight song with a few minor changes plus some of the logos that fans developed were truly incredible

actually Wolves is where the trademark issues came MORE into play. no problem with Redwolves,

top choice of fans since we outdent do Warriors which was another trademark issue :tsk:
Now you guys get to go with the Washington "Laughing stock"
but WLS is better than WFT because I always saw that as WTF

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these are the Redskins I grew up with...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you guys get to go with the Washington "Laughing stock"
but WLS is better than WFT because I always saw that as WTF
heh

honestly im inured to any jokes about the name. its been 2 years of BS...ive heard it all and just don't give a shite anymore. just makes me laugh at the idiocy of Danny Boy at this point.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh

honestly im inured to any jokes about the name. its been 2 years of BS...ive heard it all and just don't give a shite anymore. just makes me laugh at the idiocy of Danny Boy at this point.
I figured.
I mean I think we all knew they were gonna fuck it up when it took this long to decide on a name.
When good ones & obvious ones were right there the whole time.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RedWolves was the number one choice, especially with the under 30 fans who are who the FO should be trying to develop at this point. us older fans are completely jaded lol and many have already left or checked out years ago.

RedWolves exist number 1, a few in the DMV area, also able to keep HTTR with it, also insert easily into our fight song with a few minor changes plus some of the logos that fans developed were truly incredible

So how does that work for every mascot named the Bears? Or Rams? Colts? Wolves? Seriously, there was no way to get around it?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does that work for every mascot named the Bears? Or Rams? Colts? Wolves? Seriously, there was no way to get around it?
they could have done it, it just would of required constant litigation from people using wolves which couldn't be trademarked SOLELY to Washington. that was a stumbling block...so JW said...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for instance...day AFTER the name rebrand announcement.. Danny in full Squirrel mode again...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right? Reminds me of the Guardians. haha j/k
don't laugh, im fully prepared for them to actually roll that name out next wed. or a name no one has even contemplated. JW said there would be leaks and misdirection the whole time to protect the rebrand. full scale investigative twitter hounds activated 24/7

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't laugh, im fully prepared for them to actually roll that name out next wed. or a name no one has even contemplated. JW said there would be leaks and misdirection the whole time to protect the rebrand. full scale investigative twitter hounds activated 24/7
so your saying theres a chance.........
you are not stuck with Commanders? :heh:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To not be racist they will now always be that football team from Washington for me

Washington is easier to say than Washington Commanders