• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Warriors WILL NOT happen per Jason Wright

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will especially if we start to win consistently.
well let me tell something dean i have zero wizards gear . you dont understand me if you think that . i was pissed that the bullets changed their name . and i wont buy wizards gear even if they win a title

same with the new team name . i am pissed at changing the name from redskins . i am not enriching the man responsible for this change . you can think whatever the fuck you want to but i am not changing whether i become a fan of the new team or not

and i dont give a fuck if i am the only one in the freaking world who feels that way i am NOT doing it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like dad I have zero Wizards gear. Stupid team name. We'll see what the WTF team name becomes. There is zero chance I would buy at WFT gear. That name sucks, it sounds like a freaking soccer team.

In 2019 there were 14 red wolves in the wild. Maybe that is an appropriate team name for Snyder's team since a once strong franchise has headed towards extinction. There are things that could be fun ...i.e."the den"; a howl; wolfpack although that sounds a lot like NC State. I could probably get behind the name Wolves. I think I would prefer it without the "Red." I think the only other name that I can think of that would appeal to me is Renegades and I do not think that will be the name.

A lot will also depend on the teams ability go come up with a good uniform and logo. I do not have much faith in Snyder to do that. We'll see, we have another 6-9 months before a new team is announced. I know the uniform and name right now SUCKS.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well let me tell something dean i have zero wizards gear . you dont understand me if you think that . i was pissed that the bullets changed their name . and i wont buy wizards gear even if they win a title

same with the new team name . i am pissed at changing the name from redskins . i am not enriching the man responsible for this change . you can think whatever the fuck you want to but i am not changing whether i become a fan of the new team or not

and i dont give a fuck if i am the only one in the freaking world who feels that way i am NOT doing it

Everyone is pissed about the name change. No one is denying that but not following the team with the new name seems questionable to me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like dad I have zero Wizards gear. Stupid team name. We'll see what the WTF team name becomes. There is zero chance I would buy at WFT gear. That name sucks, it sounds like a freaking soccer team.

In 2019 there were 14 red wolves in the wild. Maybe that is an appropriate team name for Snyder's team since a once strong franchise has headed towards extinction. There are things that could be fun ...i.e."the den"; a howl; wolfpack although that sounds a lot like NC State. I could probably get behind the name Wolves. I think I would prefer it without the "Red." I think the only other name that I can think of that would appeal to me is Renegades and I do not think that will be the name.

A lot will also depend on the teams ability go come up with a good uniform and logo. I do not have much faith in Snyder to do that. We'll see, we have another 6-9 months before a new team is announced. I know the uniform and name right now SUCKS.

The name sucks i agree with you on that. The uniforms are basically the same as years past. The helmets are different with no pinstripe and the number on the helmet. Let me ask you this. If the unis stay the same and they put a W on the side of the helmet with the pinstripes would you still have faith?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it. We should go with the Washington anti-Redskins.

Follow me with this.

We keep the same exact emblem, except, we put a circle and a slash through it.

Then, it makes everybody happy.

The people who were offended by the old emblem can now say they canceled or banned the old emblem.

The real racists out there, who likely aren’t fans of the team because it honors the American Indian, can say the emblem represents killing them off.

Then the real fans of the team can say…fuck off to all of you because we kept the emblem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is pissed about the name change. No one is denying that but not following the team with the new name seems questionable to me.
well again dean i dont live in the DMV anymore . . now that i live elsewhere the root for the home team thing doesnt apply

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well again dean i dont live in the DMV anymore . . now that i live elsewhere the root for the home team thing doesnt apply

I never lived in the DMV. Im a fan of the team not the name.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have any wizards gear because they havent been good since I’ve been alive, and/or, I never gave a fuck about them.

Also the name is dumb.

If the Wizards somehow won the championship, I still wouldnt buy any of their gear, because I dont care that much about pro ball anyway.

I do have a fair amount of Orioles gear though, even though they have been pitiful for a while now.
If they started winning, I’d probably buy new gear.

If the name they come up with is cool, and the logo is cool, then I’ll probably buy a tshirt, or a chase young something or other.

so will all the other naysayers, especially the regular posters on this message board.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your reason for following them was different then mine ,i liked sonny and his red hair (i am a red head )
When i first started watching football it was 1987 and I liked Doug Williams. I followed them ever since.
it was the local team , it had the band , and through the years we had a winning tradition , 5 superbowl appearances and it goes on .

the minute redskins was taken away was the minute it all ended much like bullets to wizards

so many things in my life time have been taken away and the memories , my high school my home and after awhile its hard to say oh well

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Wright declines to offer up other possible name suggestions or options, but adds that although this may be "disappointing for some folks," "our new identity should unite us."

He goes on: "As a team, we are confident that our new brand identity will honor our legacy and lead us into our future as a franchise.

My response to this;

Of all of the names offered by the public there’s only been one that meets what Jason Wright insists has been the driving force behind this “search.” ("As a team, we are confident that our new brand identity will honor our legacy and lead us into our future as a franchise.”__ JW)

That name is “Warhawks”

In Washington political circles it actually is a name that connects the past with the future. (see: “war” and those who have historically supported it or will in future terms)

It rolls off of the tongue and is a natural fit in the fight song. (Try it now! A few words would have to be replaced but I'll bet you can do it as you sing it, ie; "Brave and on a warpath" would replace "Braves on a warpath"

Uniformly, I don’t think that they are willing to go with the lance, but there are no reasonable arguments against it, especially if it’s redone (upgraded) tactfully. The colors remain the same and perhaps a solid gold helmet. (Gold > that silver shit in Texass)

It’s not dumb like WFT, WFC, or more recent iterations of the type.

Finally, it’s a real football type of moniker, most fans will embrace it immediately and others win or lose will follow in short order as its’ use popularize through media and subconscious advertising. For the diehards who continue to use the former name, win games with this tag and they too, albeit reluctantly, will get on board.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Wright declines to offer up other possible name suggestions or options, but adds that although this may be "disappointing for some folks," "our new identity should unite us."

He goes on: "As a team, we are confident that our new brand identity will honor our legacy and lead us into our future as a franchise.

My response to this;

Of all of the names offered by the public there’s only been one that meets what Jason Wright insists has been the driving force behind this “search.” ("As a team, we are confident that our new brand identity will honor our legacy and lead us into our future as a franchise.”__ JW)

That name is “Warhawks”

In Washington political circles it actually is a name that connects the past with the future. (see: “war” and those who have historically supported it and will in future terms)

It rolls off of the tongue and is a natural fit in the fight song. (Try it now! A few words would have to be replaced but I'll bet you can do it as you sing it)

Uniformly, I don’t think that they are willing to go with the lance, but there are no reasonable arguments against it, especially if it’s redone (upgraded) tactfully. The colors remain the same and perhaps a solid gold helmet. (Gold > that silver shit in Texass)

Finally, it’s a real football type of moniker, most fans will embrace it immediately and others win or lose will follow in short order as its’ use popularize through media and subconscious advertising. For the diehards who continue to use the former name, win games with this tag and they too, albeit reluctantly, will get on board.
Welcome back Sty ! The team will have to earn my fandom . The wizards failed and I never got on board with it . Wont ever either .

so far unless we can link the past ( no colors won’t do it ). Then it’s an expansion team . An expansion team that has a sex predator owner who adds in a huge amount of assholedem and dickage to the mix

I am perfectly willing to give them the opportunity with the “ new “. Culture to do so much like I did with the fucked up wizards

but the i “ will fall in line “ narrative does not apply to me . It will be earned before I allow myself to be betrayed again

And my moratorium on purchasing NFL gear and such will also stay in place

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Sty ! The team will have to earn my fandom . The wizards failed and I never got on board with it . Wont ever either .

so far unless we can link the past ( no colors won’t do it ). Then it’s an expansion team . An expansion team that has a sex predator owner who adds in a huge amount of assholedem and dickage to the mix

I am perfectly willing to give them the opportunity with the “ new “. Culture to do so much like I did with the fucked up wizards

but the i “ will fall in line “ narrative does not apply to me . It will be earned before I allow myself to be betrayed again

And my moratorium on purchasing NFL gear and such will also stay in place
Glad to be back, even though I've been reading the post for a while. I made the commitment to return to the southern border this year to help out and didn't want to respond because we were extremely busy, spare time was rare. Truth is, I read a lot of the posts at bedtime and during breaks, they helped me to sleep!

I respect your perspective and have no intention now or ever to do anything but support it. With respect to the name that I suggested, I had in mind the connection to Washington past, present and future in hope that you and others hoping to have some connection to the past would at least consider that Washington connection, not one related to the now retired name.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to be back, even though I've been reading the post for a while. I made the commitment to return to the southern border this year to help out and didn't want to respond because we were extremely busy, spare time was rare. Truth is, I read a lot of the posts at bedtime and during breaks, they helped me to sleep!

I respect your perspective and have no intention now or ever to do anything but support it. With respect to the name that I suggested, I had in mind the connection to Washington past, present and future in hope that you and others hoping to have some connection to the past would at least consider that Washington connection, not one related to the now retired name.
Glad you kept up and I was glad I could help put you to sleep

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My response to this;

That name is “Warhawks”

In Washington political circles it actually is a name that connects the past with the future. (see: “war” and those who have historically supported it or will in future terms)

It rolls off of the tongue and is a natural fit in the fight song. (Try it now! A few words would have to be replaced but I'll bet you can do it as you sing it, ie; "Brave and on a warpath" would replace "Braves on a warpath"

I'm not mad at it. I've stated from day one, as long as they keep the colors I'm in.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail to the Warhawks.....hmmmmmm.

Well fight for old Dixie was changed to fight for old D.C.

Just saying, it wouldn't be the first time the song was changed.