• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Redskins 2012 Draft

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is always speculation and wishful thinking but I am a bit of a NFL draft/NCAAF recruiting dork so here goes..

Obviously the 2nd round pick is gone with the move up for RG3 (which I for one..think is a great/must move). That leaves us with a 3rd and two 4t hround picks..and then some later ones (don't put a great amount of stock in these). IMO the most glaring needs for this team is in the secondary, Oline, and to a lesser degree Dline and LB (depth). Any thoughts on who might be there in the 3rd and 4th round picks and who we may target??? My thoughts...

3rd Round...If (big IF) Jayron is there..we have to take him, I think Minnifield is a decent prospect there as well. But I would take Brandon Boykin (UGA) over CM and I think if they target a DB and he is there, you have to take him. He had a great!! bowl game, good senior bowl week (minus the injury) and has a ton of upside. He is very versatile and is a return guy too. At worst he is a kick returner and a #4/nickel CB.
I also like a Bobby Massie there in the third. If Zebrie Sanders (FSU) were to some how sneak into the 3rd he is someone you would have to take there as well. Nate Potter (Boise) and Datko (FSU) are also good 4-5th round options at RT IMO. Vontaze Burfict (minus the prima-donna attitude and possible character issues) has massive upside and is now projected in the late 3rd to 5th round range. I am
not sure if he would be a good fit..but if you could get him in the 4th/5th
and have him play with/behind London for a few years (assuming we resign him). He could maybe rub off on him and he could be a total steal in this draft. His combine and interviews sucked..but he was once considered a 1st round guy, I think rolling the dice on him with a 4th is a decent gamble..

And Oh yeah..I don't give a damn if we have 2 rookies (Paul and Hank), Moss, and two newly signed free agent WR's (Morgan and Garcon)..If Danny MF Coale is there in the 5th or 6th..then get him. I dunno..maybe I am being a homer. I just really believe he could be a VERY serviceable player on someone's roster. He is worth a late round pick..easily.

I haven't been super excited about what we have gotten in FA thus far. I think getting Garcon and Morgan (on the cheap) were good moves. Carriker (while very serviceable was probably overpaid) and Merriweather (the jury is out) maybe not quite as excited about. I think we need to use the 3 picks we have in the 3rd and 4th rounds very wisely. We have put all of our eggs in one basket to get RG3 (which I am thankful for..cant win w/out a QB..but it is leaving us thin at other positions..notably DB, OL, and DL/LB...

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hvent been this excited as a Redskins fan in a long while

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jayron failing a drug test, he may possibly fall to us in the third. Also, I've been hearing that Danny might be getting picked up on Friday. I would love nothing more though to have him in a Redskins uni. And even though I know who we're taking tomorrow night, I'm still so freaking pumped for the draft!

HTTR!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jayron failing a drug test, he may possibly fall to us in the third. Also, I've been hearing that Danny might be getting picked up on Friday. I would love nothing more though to have him in a Redskins uni. And even though I know who we're taking tomorrow night, I'm still so freaking pumped for the draft!

HTTR!!

Honestly..I would take DC in a minute. Those are the kinda guys we need in DC (Damn..didnt even notice the DC to DC thing). As much as I like Jayron I am still not sure we would take him in the 3rd (IF he falls that far). The draft is very deep at DB and there is some very good value in rounds 3-5. I think those 4 picks (3-4-4-5) are pretty crucial. Need to get some Oline help and Secondary. I have seen a couple of mocks where they have Shanny taking a RB with one of the 4th rounders..goodness I hope not. If we can get Hightower resigned (and even if not..just go sign another veteran)Im not sure why the hell you would want to waste a pick. Royster and Helu showed enough to get another year IMO. Get some godo linemen to block for them..then see what happens..

HTTMF Redskins!!!!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, only 6 more hours. I am getting pretty psyched for this thing. What's going to piss me off is if Indy and the Skins take the full time given to them when everyone and their mother knows who they are taking.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team is about to transform into a good team starting tonight

So excited about this guy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, only 6 more hours. I am getting pretty psyched for this thing. What's going to piss me off is if Indy and the Skins take the full time given to them when everyone and their mother knows who they are taking.

I'm thinking the NFL tells them to take at least a good part of the time, to keep suspense up. Plus it gives them time to have the talking heads speak, then commercial break, then come back to the announcement.

Plus, you never know what someone might be offering. Highly doubtful that the Skins trade out, but you gotta at least have the phone ready to answer. If someone else really wants RG3 even worse and will back up the truck for him, you have to at least listen.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the NFL tells them to take at least a good part of the time, to keep suspense up. Plus it gives them time to have the talking heads speak, then commercial break, then come back to the announcement.

Plus, you never know what someone might be offering. Highly doubtful that the Skins trade out, but you gotta at least have the phone ready to answer. If someone else really wants RG3 even worse and will back up the truck for him, you have to at least listen.

Sure..but one in a million chance that would ever happen. The Browns would have to give up their #4, and their next 3 #1s AND #2's for that..and I would still kind of be pissed. Tired of not having a real QB in DC. We have suffered too long. IF this would ever go down, Snyder would be assassinated...along with Shanny and Allen..

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG1!!! Did you hear that we picked up the Heisman trophy winner? Nothing too surprising about the draft (except for Reiff and DeCastro falling as far as they did and Weeden getting picked in the first round). I had seen in several mocks that D-Wilson would be taken by the Gnats, but it still hurt when I saw it actually happen. We have the second round off, but we need to pick up a O-lineman in the 3rd (and the fact that decastro and reiff both fell gives me hope that we pick up a decent one).

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can get Denard!
Or maybe Miller at RB out of Miami if he's still available.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LM is going to be a steal for someone this round

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the bills, we moved down two slots, I thought we lost our third round pick because NFL.com was being sketchy haha.I guess we got a 6th round maybe?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Jacksonville really just take a punter?