• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington Huskies vs Texas Longhorns, Sugar Bowl, 5:45PST, ESPN

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington vs Michigan. Pac ten vs big ten. The last time they played a game which would decide a national title, Washington dominated. I’m looking for a Husky win.
It will be a beautiful game of football styles on opposite ends of the spectrum. Michigan is a team that prides itself on winning the trenches, running, and playing solid defense. UW plays track meet games and sees if their opponents can keep up. It truly is water and oil and will be very interesting to see live. In the end, I don't see the Huskies matching up well but don't want to take anything away from them. No matter who wins, each team had amazing years.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a beautiful game of football styles on opposite ends of the spectrum. Michigan is a team that prides itself on winning the trenches, running, and playing solid defense. UW plays track meet games and sees if their opponents can keep up. It truly is water and oil and will be very interesting to see live. In the end, I don't see the Huskies matching up well but don't want to take anything away from them. No matter who wins, each team had amazing years.
Washington has a good offensive line and they protect their QB. It looks like Washington lost their top running back to an injury today.

I’m exited to see a NT game involving the PAC 10 vs the BIG 10.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix is on fire, and so they start running the ball? Dumb, let Penix cook.
Texas was having success running so they throw it.

Sometimes it's like the coaches are watching the game they are calling.

Penix looked great.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was having success running so they throw it.

Sometimes it's like the coaches are watching the game they are calling.

Penix looked great.

Penix is on fire, and so they start running the ball? Dumb, let Penix cook.

They fell behind the sticks with too many dumb penalties

But yes they should’ve run more since they were doing it well

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strangest thing about this game was the final play.

Normally most secondary players celebrate like they just won a college football playoff game when the guy they are covering doesnt catch the ball during the regular season.

I guess the one exception to that is when they actually are making the play to win a college football playoff game. Then they just slow celebrate.

The CB's reaction was so subdued that I figured there was a penalty or something on the play.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has a good offensive line and they protect their QB. It looks like Washington lost their top running back to an injury today.

I’m exited to see a NT game involving the PAC 10 vs the BIG 10.

BIG 10 -vs- BIG 10 !!!!

The funniest part of adding you guys to the conference and getting rid of the divisions is that the Western division would have finally had some good teams.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies get stuffed in the red zone on 4th down - stupid play call, why take Penix off the field there, it made the play dead obvious? Some of these play calls are just dumb.
Washington is not the best short yardage offense. They are more dangerous with 1st and 10 from the 30 yard line than they are at 1st and goal from the 8 yard line.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies like being in the underdog role.

Washington’s number 1 running back went into the Texas game injured and made that injury worse in the last seconds of the game. He is likely out for the championship game. He had been dealing with the same injury all season.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them had to move. Incompetent PAC12 management forced it.
Pac12 would never come close to getting the money the B10 gets. Relocation to another conference would have happened. Just happened sooner than later.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12 would never come close to getting the money the B10 gets. Relocation to another conference would have happened. Just happened sooner than later.
ESPN made a very fair and lucrative offer to the PAC 12. Ther rejected it and demanded the offer be almost doubled. The PAC 12 failed to realize the geography of east vs west coast

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN made a very fair and lucrative offer to the PAC 12. Ther rejected it and demanded the offer be almost doubled. The PAC 12 failed to realize the geography of east vs west coast
30 mil annually doesn't compete against the B10 and SEC schools on what they get. In order to compete against other conferences you need primetime slots which the Pac did not have. Money is needed for travel for all sports, upgrade facilities and in terms of recruiting, primetime tv slots. All those options were gone. Before you say 30 mil is lucrative as you say, the ACC schools get roughly 39mil and they hate that contract cause networks are paying premium for the brand which is why the west coast schools bolted and I don't blame them.