• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington Huskies @ Stanford Cardinal

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But going 0-12 is different your use to losing rather than a team say that goes 5-0 and then loses that loss hurts a lot more than going 0-6 just saying. Im still an ASU fan and all az sports except Uofgay.

No, being "used to losing" does not make it better. The UW fan base had to learn real quick how to not only get used to losing, but how to accept being the doormat of the Pac 10 and college football in general. I have been in both scenarios, and dropping a game you feel you should win one week is a lot better when you feel you can come out an win the next week.

That season (and the few that preceded it) did weed out the bandwagon fans though, and our seats got better. I suspect some of those guys are trying to come back now...

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't work that way. Every loss is worst than the last. When you are 5-0 and lose you at least are still 5-1 not 0-6. Which hurts worse? you REALLY believe being 5-1 is worse than 0-6? You should ditch those bong hits and go to a few of those classes you skip man. That edumacation is kind of important.

And if you haven't seen me tear people up before you aren't anything special. It's kind of how these boards work. If it is too much for you I'm sure there is a teen board around somewhere. You have to have your big boy pants on for this kind of site. Look at all the stuff the rest of us deal with up here. What you got from me is really nothing man.

If I was really mad you'd probably know it.

Why do you need to tear people up? I thought were hear to talk football. When ASU basketball won something like 11 games in 2011-2012 the losses didn't hurt as much as last years losses those games mattered much more. This site isn't to much for me. And I was kidding you think I fucking do drugs? You fucking moron. Getting a MIC at school can ruin someones life im not a fucking idiot. IDGAF if this is how people act on these boards talking big behind a computer? Go to a sports bar and talk this way let me know how it goes.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, being "used to losing" does not make it better. The UW fan base had to learn real quick how to not only get used to losing, but how to accept being the doormat of the Pac 10 and college football in general. I have been in both scenarios, and dropping a game you feel you should win one week is a lot better when you feel you can come out an win the next week.

That season (and the few that preceded it) did weed out the bandwagon fans though, and our seats got better. I suspect some of those guys are trying to come back now...

He claimed I was bandwagon fan though? Which is far from the truth I was actually just looking for people to talk about the ASU game in which we were awful tonight and didn't deserve to win, yet Not-Neutral keeps on insisting we played well............

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM SAYING THE LOSS HURTS A LOT MORE KNOWING YOU HAVE A GOOD SEASON GOING AND THEN DROPPING A GAME THAT CAN AFFECT YOUR SEASON WHEN YOUR ALREADY LOSING THE LOSS DOESN'T HURT AS MUCH BECAUSE YOU EXPECT TO LOSE!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM SAYING THE LOSS HURTS A LOT MORE KNOWING YOU HAVE A GOOD SEASON GOING AND THEN DROPPING A GAME THAT CAN AFFECT YOUR SEASON WHEN YOUR ALREADY LOSING THE LOSS DOESN'T HURT AS MUCH BECAUSE YOU EXPECT TO LOSE!

Dude, writing with caps lock on doesn't make your point any more valid... We know what your saying, we're disagreeing. That's what's happening here.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you need to tear people up? I thought were hear to talk football. When ASU basketball won something like 11 games in 2011-2012 the losses didn't hurt as much as last years losses those games mattered much more. This site isn't to much for me. And I was kidding you think I fucking do drugs? You fucking moron. Getting a MIC at school can ruin someones life im not a fucking idiot. IDGAF if this is how people act on these boards talking big behind a computer? Go to a sports bar and talk this way let me know how it goes.

Not only is big boy talk normal on boards, but for guys in general. Do you not have friends? Have none of them ever called you out and said something embarrassing or otherwise called you names or similar? Guys dog each other out and it doesn't mean anything. If you are going to go all vag and take it seriously I just suggested this might not be the place for you. You can't let anything written on a computer screen get to you.

As for saying things in real life there is no corollary for forums in the 3d world. Where are you going to go and sit in a room full of fans from all over the world who are all talking together? But if someone said they were going to quit following their team because they lost a tough game you can bet I'd have no problems calling them a pussy and laughing at them.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is big boy talk normal on boards, but for guys in general. Do you not have friends? Have none of them ever called you out and said something embarrassing or otherwise called you names or similar? Guys dog each other out and it doesn't mean anything. If you are going to go all vag and take it seriously I just suggested this might not be the place for you. You can't let anything written on a computer screen get to you.

As for saying things in real life there is no corollary for forums in the 3d world. Where are you going to go and sit in a room full of fans from all over the world who are all talking together? But if someone said they were going to quit following their team because they lost a tough game you can bet I'd have no problems calling them a pussy and laughing at them.

This is a pointless argument that isn't going anywhere. I will continue to support my team win or lose I just wanted to talk about the ASU game because Not-Neutral is talking out of his ass. Anyway im done.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we keep telling you that you are wrong. I'd much rather deal with the pain of losing the 12th game of the year (going 11-1) than losing the 12th game of the year (going 0-12). Each one of those losses along that path are far far far worse than the 11 win team. You still have a lot to look forward to even if you lose out on the NTG. How do we know? UW had lots of those between the mid 80's and mid 90's. We FINALLY got over that hump of losing that one game in '91. We know that feeling very well and it is NOTHING like losing 12. You are just completely and totally wrong.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going 3-9 in 2000 hurt a hell of a lot more than going 10-3 in 2010.

Not even close.

And don't tell me I'm use to losing, because we were fresh off a national championship in 2009.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Expect" anudder "L" when the Beavers hit yer house whenever...Gawd damn son yer D looked pathetic against an "average" ND squad tonite. They ran/passed all over yer teams ass tonight and where was the "vaulted" Sutton interior line tonight or the secondary? Your down to 1 life left...quit talking smack and kick somethings ass quickly or your just another years "wet dream"...

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we keep telling you that you are wrong. I'd much rather deal with the pain of losing the 12th game of the year (going 11-1) than losing the 12th game of the year (going 0-12). Each one of those losses along that path are far far far worse than the 11 win team. You still have a lot to look forward to even if you lose out on the NTG. How do we know? UW had lots of those between the mid 80's and mid 90's. We FINALLY got over that hump of losing that one game in '91. We know that feeling very well and it is NOTHING like losing 12. You are just completely and totally wrong.

Fair enough I have gone through losing seasons with ASU basketball and especially the Cardinals growing up. Nothing compared to going 0-12 that is something a true fan must of gone through and sticking with your team, so I give you props for that. Your one of the biggest Uw fans I have seen.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Expect" anudder "L" when the Beavers hit yer house whenever...Gawd damn son yer D looked pathetic against an "average" ND squad tonite. They ran/passed all over yer teams ass tonight and where was the "vaulted" Sutton interior line tonight or the secondary? Your down to 1 life left...quit talking smack and kick somethings ass quickly or your just another years "wet dream"...

We were ass and for Sutton, I have no idea where the fuck him or Bradford are. Our playing calling offensively and defensively is really bad still the boys fought hard tonight, they have much more talent than the way there playing. Fucking Darby was garbo tonight, still thought Kelly had a good game even with an ass oline. Better step up and pound Colorado next week. Run d looks better though, Sutton still made an impact just not the impact he made last year, he better get 3 sacks next game.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 4-8 season hurt even with a beastly Defense Erickson just couldnt find a qb or adapt to the offensive game in 09.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell we know about losing teams here in Seattle in general. That 0-12 year the Seahawks ended 4-12, we lost the sonics to that dickhead who stole the team and moved it to OKC, and the Mariners finished 61-101.

Is that enough experience at dealing with losing? And no, you don't get used to it. It never gets to be ok.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell we know about losing teams here in Seattle in general. That 0-12 year the Seahawks ended 4-12, we lost the sonics to that dickhead who stole the team and moved it to OKC, and the Mariners finished 61-101.

Is that enough experience at dealing with losing? And no, you don't get used to it. It never gets to be ok.

HAWS is nothing compared to the Cards 88-06 the exception of that 98 season which we pulled out of our ass. Aeneas Williams single handily took us to the playoffs and some miracles from Jake Plummer. Although I have only been going to Cards game since 03.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going 3-9 in 2000 hurt a hell of a lot more than going 10-3 in 2010.

Not even close.

And don't tell me I'm use to losing, because we were fresh off a national championship in 2009.

bullshit :)

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm from Cleveland.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from Cleveland.

Do you have a year that was THAT bad? Pretty sure Seattle 2008 wins for the worst sports season for a city in the history of planet earth. Just saying. It wasn't just the outcomes, but also losing a whole team in that same year. I know you all lost your NFL team at one point, but was the year around that as bad as 0-12, 4-12, losing your basketball team and 61-101? That's some epic futility right there. I'm pretty sure the general region had a 2 fold increase in episodes of people sticking forks in their own eyes.