• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they won and the weren’t great or franchise guys which goes back to yes you can win with avg
No doubt that you can win with average, never disputed it. So, I now have questions.

1. When was the last time that an average QB won a SB?

2. What happened to that team and it's average QB after that one time run.

3. When was the last time that this team had anything close to longevity and relevance illustrated in your examples like, Favre, Rodgers, Wilson, and MaHomes?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Bills are where they are in part because of Allen, don't forget they have a very good defense.

KC has a bad defense (something we all noted last week) and Mahomes has been pretty good but not great. Of course I would take him in a heart beat still.

Herbert has been mostly good, they got their nut sack handed to them last week even with Herbert.

Seattle has been okay but not great prior to Wilson getting hurt this year.

Green Bay's D has been pretty good this year and after a bad start Rodgers has been Rodgers.

IMO the outlier has been Lamar Jackson, he isn't the prettiest passer all the time (although he is getting better) his ability to scare the shit out of defenses with his feet makes Baltimore tough.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An earlier poster said it best dad, its not about superbowls, its about competent NFL QB play week in and week out that keeps you competitive. Our situation is worse only because our defense "no showed". Having a Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert etc keeps you in the race, period!
Are we moving the goalposts now ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oversight Committee looking into WFT now. Legs.

Let me say this is not a politically charged comment to the right or left. Our government has frequently had these types of investigations and in the end little becomes of it. I expect the same here.

My one hope is information that was withheld will come to light. I don't expect much will change. I hope I can say I was wrong. We'll see.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that you can win with average, never disputed it. So, I now have questions.

1. When was the last time that an average QB won a SB?

2. What happened to that team and it's average QB after that one time run.

3. When was the last time that this team had anything close to longevity and relevance illustrated in your examples like, Favre, Rodgers, Wilson, and MaHomes?
1) The question is can you win Super Bowls? Answer yes
2) didn’t said qbs get injured ? Yes
3) we haven’t but that is on the FO , our guy was here and could have been had on the cheap
In my lifetime we won 3 Super Bowls with less then elite qbs and went to a 4th and 5th without an elite qb

Would I like an elite qb ? Sure but that doesnt mean success . Farve and Rogers have brought 2 superbowls in 40 yrs

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) we haven’t but that is on the FO , our guy was here and could have been had on the cheap
In my lifetime we won 3 Super Bowls with less then elite qbs and went to a 4th and 5th without an elite qb

Would I like an elite qb ? Sure but that doesnt mean success . Farve and Rogers have brought 2 superbowls in 40 yrs
I get it... paralysis because of all of the negative variables that MIGHT happen or cost.

I not often surprised but it still surprises me to note all efforts to thwart suggestion... let me notate that again, SUGGESTION, that a historically poor franchise should go full on towards getting the one thing that is essential for long term relevancy in a league designed to heighten said relevancy because you have him. Well for fans,followers, supporters of this franchise who follow that bend, you get the team that you deserve.

BTW; I agree, we had our guy but we all know what happened with Griffin! Why did you mention him?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Bills are where they are in part because of Allen, don't forget they have a very good defense.

KC has a bad defense (something we all noted last week) and Mahomes has been pretty good but not great. Of course I would take him in a heart beat still.

Herbert has been mostly good, they got their nut sack handed to them last week even with Herbert.

Seattle has been okay but not great prior to Wilson getting hurt this year.

Green Bay's D has been pretty good this year and after a bad start Rodgers has been Rodgers.

IMO the outlier has been Lamar Jackson, he isn't the prettiest passer all the time (although he is getting better) his ability to scare the shit out of defenses with his feet makes Baltimore tough.

I keep thinking Lamar Jackson is only one hit away from never playing football again but so far he has shown toughness and he keeps getting up when he takes that hit. My question is why can't Lamar take the Ravens to the next level?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dan might actually be in trouble.

Turning the team over to his wife.

Putting Julie in the booth, who's great BTW.

Hiring Jennifer King as the Asst. Running Backs Coach.

Something is in those emails that involves Dan directly and a female/females. "Allegedly"

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The legend of Joe Gibbs is he won three Super Bowls with 3 different QBs and three different RBs. Only one of those six went to the HOF. I think people forget that at times. No Brady, no Montana or Young.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
matt stafford , detroit , franchise guy not much success there

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.