• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Washington @ Arizona

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One-step-forward.......Two-steps-back

traffic-signs.jpg

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the starters are finally pitching better, it is the perfect time to trade them. All of them except the guy they just brought up from the minors. McCarthy, Miley, Arroyo, Collmenter. Then trade everyone in the bullpen besides the guy they just brought up from the minors too. Delgado, Cahill, Putz, Zielger, Reed, Perez. This pitching staff is so bad. I actually think they are top to bottom the worst collection of pitchers I have seen in my life. If Kevin Towers is not fired, then Ken Kendrick deserves to have the team taken away from him. There are no other options. You have a 115 million dollar payroll and this is what you get for your money? In any other line of business, Towers would have been fired a long time ago. It amazes me that Towers has made it this far.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuffy: Agree (generally...not sure we need to trade EVERY pitcher you list), but the problem is we don't want KT making these trades because he'll just end making the team even worse. They have to fire KT first before doing anything and get someone in there that doesn't have his head up his bum.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuffy: Agree (generally...not sure we need to trade EVERY pitcher you list), but the problem is we don't want KT making these trades because he'll just end making the team even worse. They have to fire KT first before doing anything and get someone in there that doesn't have his head up his bum.

Exactly. I have no faith that Towers will make the right moves. It reminds me of when they fired Josh Byrnes and had Jerry Dipoto take over . He made two incredible trades the month he started. He traded Dan Haren to the Angels for Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Joe Saunders, and another player named Rafael Rodriguez that I know nothing about. Then six days later, he traded Edwin Jackson for Daniel Hudson and David Holmberg. Obviously, those were great trades for the Diamondbacks.

Unfortunately, two of those prospects, Skaggs and Holmberg, were traded away this past offseason. One as a salary dump, and one for a player in Trumbo who should only be a designated hitter. It goes to show Dipoto's eye for talent compared to Towers'. The first thing Towers does after the 2011 season ends is trade Jarrod Parker for Trevor Cahill, and we all know how that worked out. If not for Parker sadly having to get another Tommy John surgery, I believe that trade could have ended up as the worst trade in Arizona sports history.

It is imperative for the Diamondbacks to oust Towers and have a new GM in place before they start rebuilding the team, which they need to do. In my opinion, the only true untouchable players that the Diamondbacks have on the major league roster are Paul Goldschmidt and possibly Chris Owings. I also would like to keep Parra because he is arguably the best defensive outfielder in baseball while still providing good offense. Every other player on the team, minus the two rookie pitchers they recently brought up, should be trade bait. I just hope it is not Towers making the trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other conspiracy theorists think that KT is going to the A's after he depletes our team?!?! Dum dum dum!!!!!