• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

was the sing hiring key to our current success?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he might not have been a good coach, but i think he helped to develop the toughness of the team along with individual players like vernon and alex. most might view the hiring as a waste of time but i think it really helped us get to where we are today.

some coaches just aren't good long-term solutions but sing did some good things that harbaugh was able to build upon and take to that next level.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bad argument, and I guess NFL Network tried to say something about that this morning. If that were true, you'd have to credit the guy before Walsh for their success, the guy before Bill Belichick for his success... the more times you do that, hopefully you'll see how silly it is to say Singletary put the 49ers where they are...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When your legacy as a HC is dropping trau at half-time - you were probably not a very good HC. The one positive that Singletary did leave behind was a new attitude for Vernon, but not much more...I'm sure Harbaugh has had to 'undo' more of what Singletary had done rather than build upon it.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sing got the team to perform poorly enough to get a bunch of high draft picks. Most haven't worked out, but he earned us the right to draft Aldon Smith.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL NO, he was awful. JH=the chosen 1

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vernon and alex manned up while sing was coach. sing tried to bring a philosophy of tough hardnosed football but he couldn't execute it. i think he laid the foundation for harbaugh who is a much better coach.

erickson was a complete waste. nolan a partial waste. while sing wasn't successful in the wins and losses column and the team underperformed, i think he helped the players grow enough to be able to blossom this year. with better assistants i think we could have made the playoffs last year tho.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I give lots of credit to Nolan and Sing.

They singlehandedly got us all those high draft picks so we could draft Alex, Vernon, Patrick Willis, Staley, Iupati, Aldon Smith, etc.

We've actually done fairly well with our high draft picks the past 7 or so years.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vernon and alex manned up while sing was coach. sing tried to bring a philosophy of tough hardnosed football but he couldn't execute it. i think he laid the foundation for harbaugh who is a much better coach.

erickson was a complete waste. nolan a partial waste. while sing wasn't successful in the wins and losses column and the team underperformed, i think he helped the players grow enough to be able to blossom this year. with better assistants i think we could have made the playoffs last year tho.

I think Smith manned up to spite him more than for him. Agree with Vernon though. he gave him a wake up call.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I give lots of credit to Nolan and Sing.

They singlehandedly got us all those high draft picks so we could draft Alex, Vernon, Patrick Willis, Staley, Iupati, Aldon Smith, etc.

We've actually done fairly well with our high draft picks the past 7 or so years.

i think our drafts have been pretty mediocre. too many forced need picks. well maybe above average since we didn't really waste many picks.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Sing some credit for Vernon Davis and helping develop Patrick Willis. To what extent i do not know, but if any credit is given to Sing that would be about it.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think our drafts have been pretty mediocre. too many forced need picks. well maybe above average since we didn't really waste many picks.

I've got a theory that right around the 10th overall pick, is the sweet spot to land a Pro Bowl ILB or OLB. We got two right around there: Willis and Aldon Smith. Aldon isn't in the Pro Bowl this year because he's a rookie but he's Pro Bowl caliber.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't see aldon before his injury so i had my doubts about him, but he was a steal.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a theory that right around the 10th overall pick, is the sweet spot to land a Pro Bowl ILB or OLB. We got two right around there: Willis and Aldon Smith. Aldon isn't in the Pro Bowl this year because he's a rookie but he's Pro Bowl caliber.

And even then, I'd hope he wouldn't be in the ProBowl game. In fact, I wish no Niner would ever play in the ProBowl because they were playing in the Superbowl.